Fanime Art Show - Will it continue?

Started by Xyterra3, April 03, 2016, 01:52:08 PM

The Fanime should really keep the Art Show

Yes. It's a part of the Fanime and should continue
9 (81.8%)
No. I don't care much about Art or Anime Fan Art.
0 (0%)
Indifferent. Art Show isn't part of my Con program
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: May 10, 2016, 11:37:27 PM

Xyterra3

Well it's less than 39 days and counting. It might reach a Point of No Return but hey what do I know? I've only been in the Art Show for nearly 20 years and watch it change hands three times. Here's a funny suggestion, though not really, give it to me. Hell I'll do it. But I won't do it without help or a budget and i mean from the Fanime.
Think about it won't you.  :-\

Xyterra3

Well I'm certainly glad to see there are more supporting the idea that the Art Gallery should come back.  ;D
Thing is with time getting so short and the uncertainty growing due to lack of ANY information, it's starting to feel a little like one would want to place a bet Vegas style regarding the outcome. I'm a believer in luck, mostly good mind you, and I'm still believing that someone will step up to the plate so we artists, yes I'm including other artists because their works are great too, can have our Show again.

Less than 37 days and counting.

Xyterra3

A bit of a weakness I have is not planning ahead sometimes. When it came to the Fanime I was better at it when I had a table in the Artist Alley. Luckily I got back a bit more money than what I had invested. However, I was always prepared when it came to the Art Show. Sadly I don't nearly push myself as an artist as much as I should these days. But then that's what the Art Show was for in a way. As I mentioned before I could look to other Cons to display my work but I'm not on that track yet. Waiting has never been my strong suit even though I profess I have reasonably manageable patience. I'm not making any demands. I'm not accustomed to changes to something that doesn't really need any. I've told people in the past that when I'm on display it's like having my cake and eating it too. The only time I "jokingly" let my ego out of the box. I'm not really crazy about plane rides and I could plan a trip to the Colorado NDK in September which would be a nice return after a 6 year absence. But, it would be a sad occasion to miss a Fanime Art Show this year.

Xyterra3

Less than 35 days and counting.  :'(

phr34kish

I understand that your anxious for word (lord knows I get the same way waiting on AA), but I don't think the forums are so busy that bumping the thread every day is necessary. I'm sure as soon as it's ready/allowed to be posted you'll see it. :)

Xyterra3

Anxious is an understatement.  :P
After the Art Show changing hands 3 times over 19 years and getting zero information beyond Thank you for your interest in FanimeCon's Art Gallery. We have not yet decided upon the format that Art Gallery will take for the 2016 convention. Please watch our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts for information as it becomes available. puts something very important to me in limbo. It is kinda hard to take. My "bumps" are just reminders to myself and conveying to others of how much I like the Art Show. Read a few of my previous comments and you should get a better picture how I feel.

Xyterra3

I used to be Staff in the Art Show in the past. The displays were rickety and worn, the separate parts to support the wood beams that the peg board panels were zip tied to seemed like bizarre ninja weapons. But, they always held and were solid for the task. Taking them apart was a bit easier than assembling them. It was definitely a calorie burner at times. Even when I wasn't on Staff for the Show I'd still stay behind if they didn't have enough help for clean up.
The new displays look better and seem more stable. Be a shame if they couldn't be used again.

33 days and counting

Xyterra3

One of the better reasons I'm waiting on Art Show intel is that it will determine the point when I purchase my Fanime weekend membership. Hopefully that will be soon. Sorry folks but I'm not good on waiting on certain things.  :-\

Angelx624

Fanime's communication with artists has really been lacking........... :x
They're a huge part of the convention, after all.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Xyterra3

Yes, yes they are. However, a large percent of them are in the Artist Alley. Those of us who were unable to get into the AA have the Art Show to fall back on. Just like yourself and others we're just waiting on some intel, rumors, anything really. But hopefully something useful and beneficial to the artists.  :-\

Xyterra3

http://ziemospendric.deviantart.com/art/Fluttershy-and-The-Soul-Gem-605503175
I know it's already on Deviant Art but it's a little different when it's on display outside of cyber space.  ;)
It's part of my Infinity Ponies project. There are a total of 6 gems and The Mane Six. 3 down 3 to go.  ;D

Xyterra3

And April slowly crawls to an end...soooon.

Xyterra3

And April is done...welcome to the month of May...
Still very quiet on the western front....
sigh*

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Xyterra3 on April 30, 2016, 10:28:10 PM
And April is done...welcome to the month of May...
Still very quiet on the western front....
sigh*

Keep fighting the good fight, sir.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Xyterra3

Don't really want to have the Fanime people think it's a fight but I get what you mean.  ;D

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Xyterra3 on May 01, 2016, 11:09:10 AM
Don't really want to have the Fanime people think it's a fight but I get what you mean.  ;D

Remain steadfast and true to the tradition of the Art Show, then? :)
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Xyterra3

That would certainly be a big part of it. The other half would be hoping they took it more seriously. Somehow it just feels like they've been treating it like a sideshow.  :-\

By the way 25 days until go time.

Xyterra3

It occurs to me also that news about the Art Show needs to be more evident.
The Fanime still needs time to print it in the Guide before the opening of the Con.  :-\

Red_Eye

Still keeping fingers crossed.  In vain or not, it ain't over until it's time.

Xyterra3

Same here. Course every time I hear or read about the crossed fingers thing people suggest crossing anything else that can be crossed. That's silly of course even for a mildly superstitious person such as myself. However, with 23 days to go I am slowly growing sad despite my unflappable hope the Art Show will come back. But, I agree with your sentiment. In vain or not, it ain't over until it's time.
Now if you'll excuse me I'll be in the corner muttering darkly to myself but keeping a smile on my face.
:P