Fanime Art Show - Will it continue?

Started by Xyterra3, April 03, 2016, 01:52:08 PM

The Fanime should really keep the Art Show

Yes. It's a part of the Fanime and should continue
9 (81.8%)
No. I don't care much about Art or Anime Fan Art.
0 (0%)
Indifferent. Art Show isn't part of my Con program
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: May 10, 2016, 11:37:27 PM

Xyterra3

Moonbug

I have been offering to run the Fanime Art Gallery since February. I have art show coordination experience from set up, artist check-in, sales, to take down (in short, all of it). I still have the blank Fanime Control Sheets and Bid Sheets as well. Let me rock this!
Moonbug; noun; a girl named Moonbug.

...well that was lame.

www.moonbugwings.com
www.facebook.com/MoonbugsMakes

Xyterra3

You have all that experience and you've been pitching it to them since February???  Have you got any answers from them? Who were you trying to contact?
If you are offered soon, you want me for a partner. I've been a corner stone artist in the Art Show since 97 and I've been staff for it for 5 years (2002-2006)
There's only 26 days to go and I'm really getting worried.

Moonbug

Sadly, only Fanime staff that does not assist with deciding Staff have replied to me all with efforts forwarding my emails on to places that I haven't heard back from. I'm not exactly sure where the buck stops? I submitted a Staff application twice, emailed 3 times to HR/Web, and messaged the Facebook. I just heard once more about 3 days ago that my email was again being forwarded on. Fingers very crossed I hear from them.

I have attended Fanime for over 10 years as well, we've probably seen each others' work! In recent years I have entered the hand painted glassware. What work did you have?

...well that was lame.

www.moonbugwings.com

Xyterra3

If you've had to do all that and barely get a peep out of them then it makes me wonder how serious they are about the Art Show.  :-\
The largest percentage of artists are in the Artist Alley these days but that's not the same as a Gallery. After all, the Fanime's
Artist Alley doesn't get a percentage of the table occupiers sales. I have seen some very nicely painted wine and shot glass in the past
so I'm not surprised if those were yours.  ;) I checked out your web site and you are quite a talented artist.  ;D
Most of my works are on Deviant Art   http://ziemospendric.deviantart.com/
I'm keeping my fingers crossed you hear from them as well. Would be a sad occurrence to have the Art Show absent this year.

Moonbug

The Sailormoon as Blade! Yes, I have seen your work there many times!!  ;D Love your new Tinkerbell up there as well--she's super cute! I love her lil toesies.

I am hoping one of the forwarded emails has a positive reply on Monday. I spoke to a friend in Artist Alley last night who knows a staff member and she is going to try that route for us as well.

...well that was lame.

www.moonbugwings.com

Xyterra3

I take that as a tremendous compliment that you remember Sailor Moon as Blade because you are literally THE only one that has indicated that.  ;D  Tinkerbell has always been a favorite of mine.  :D
You definitely have a knack for networking and contacts that will hopefully give you the opportunity to revive the Art Show. If the green light is given I look forward to meeting you.

Red_Eye

Well, looks like there may be hope after all.

I'm certainly still confident.

Xyterra3

Then that makes three of us.  ;D  I can be a very patient person occasionally but waiting on Fanime at least sending up smoke signals
is really eating at me.  :P

Moonbug

It would be great if Fanime read this forum topic as well! For Fans, By Fans is what we're trying to do!  8)

...well that was lame.

www.moonbugwings.com

Xyterra3

I agree completely. It would be great even productive if they did read this topic.  :-\
I bought three pieces of Matte Board today and will be preparing three new color prints.
Would really like to have them on display in the show. And of course get a chance to sell them too.    ::)

Xyterra3

Moonbug

Someone is replying to me via the Fanime Facebook! They are trying to get confirmation on whether the Art Gallery is taking place this year or not. I have reassured them that even given the short time, I can have things set within a day and start setup on Thursday and mentioned having a Fanime-experienced person (That's you, Xyterra) willing to help. Fingers crossed!

...well that was lame.

www.moonbugwings.com

Red_Eye

That's good news.  Keeping them fingers crossed!

Xyterra3

Oh lordy this is killing me. They still have the brand new display panels from last year hopefully.
I commend your confidence Moonbug. You certainly have more than I but I'm still rubbing my Blue Lantern ring none-the-less. If it gets the green light would we still be able to sell our works?

Moonbug

I wish I could answer more. If they let us run the Gallery, I will do everything I can to ensure sales. I'll even suggest Cash Only if they do not have a credit card method available to the Gallery. If they allow a non-Fanime system to use their POS I do have my own tablets and of course phone to do so.

Edge of my seat here!  :-[

...well that was lame.

www.moonbugwings.com

Red_Eye

Xyterra3

:feels like might have a mental equivalent of an aneurysm from waiting for an answer:
I'm so weak willed in these cases.  :P

Xyterra3

Not sure if any of you read this but as paranoid as I normally am I've been checking the Fanime web site every day and found this.

We regret to officially inform you that Art Gallery will undergo a transition year and will not take place at FanimeCon 2016. We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to those that have participated in the gallery in the past and those that have expressed interest this year.

Well that saved me $65. Guess that also gives me more than enough time to come up with Return To The Show art next year.
Thanks Moonbug and Red_Eye for your support. Hopefully we'll meet next year. Ciao  :'(

Kyra_Maverick

Sorry it didn't work out this year. It's great to see such passion behind your campaign for the Art Show and hopefully it can return better than ever next year.