Win a PS4 at the Extremely Hard Take-Home Quiz

Started by Rurutie8, April 05, 2016, 10:26:58 PM

Rurutie8

FanimeCon has accepted my Extremely Hard Take-Home Quiz.  This is a fifty question, multiple choice, open book, open everything quiz that you download from the FanimeCon website three weeks before the con.  To do well, you should do most of your research before the convention.  This year, the grand prize is a PS4.

Dalai_Alpaca

Rurutie8

The anime will be random but I try to choose the more popular titles.  The subjects will mostly be academic topics including art, Chinese culture, geography, history, Japanese culture, literature, classical music, science and theater.  You can find an example quiz at the Sakura-con website.  Under their Programming tab, click on Events and you should find their version of the Extremely Hard Take-Home Anime Quiz.

lovepulse

Sweet, I've been trying to advertise this quiz xD umm, when is the quiz going to be up on the main site if we have 3 weeks to finish?

Rurutie8

Hey everyone, the quiz should go live on Friday, May 6.

Rurutie8

The 2016 Fanime Extremely Hard Take-Home Anime Quiz is available here: http://www.fanime.com/panels/extremely-hard-anime-quiz/

You can ask me questions here.

Good luck everyone.

Rurutie8

Quiz errata:

Question 20 should say "subbed" not "dubbed."

lovepulse

Fighting off a bad sickness all month, my answers for the quiz are coming along slowwwllly...

So I have a question about #13. When the lyrics go "ya ya ya", I don't see Sora Naegino running in front of a public transportation vehicle. Is the question worded correctly or am I just missing something?

Rurutie8

For Question 13, watch an opening from one of the later episodes of the second season.  The song, Tattoo Kiss, is always the same but the visuals are different.

I apologize for the confusion.

DomoTheHallowed

In question 24, I cannot find any scene in episode 13 of Sengoku Basara in which Kasuga is gliding.

Rurutie8

For Question 24, just use her origin and destination.  There is only one sensible answer.

Rurutie8

The average score on the 2016 Extremely Hard Take-Home Anime Quiz was 52 percent and the winning score was 84 percent.  This shows that the questions were challenging but not impossible.  Thanks to all seven people who submitted an entry.  I hope to see all of you and more at next year's quiz.