UN-Official Homestuck Meetup (2016)

Started by draxLfly2, April 13, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

draxLfly2

Hey guys, M.C.Karkat here, and I am here to inform you that the un-official homestuck meetup will be happening again! we will be meeting up at the park at 10:30 a.m. to whenever you guys want to go home, Friday-Sunday and will be merging into the OFFICIAL meetup on Sunday that starts at 5 p.m. and ends at 6 p.m.

To those of you who do not know what Un-official meetup is, its a meetup that is basically all about hanging out. We play games, go out and get food, MoThErFuCkInG fAyGo, and just have fun! I will be able to have access to a camera this year so we might also do some shipping photos if you are into that kind of stuff (note: this does not mean you have to have body contact with them, just a group shot or something), we will be doing some extra photo's after the OFFICIAL meet-up (or if I am put in charge of it again this year, during the official meetup). We also tend to go to the homestuck panels in groups because there is always confusion for directions for the panels.

If you have any suggestions as what we should do, feel free to...well, suggest!

Also, a little note: Please use your common sense. Seal up if you can, and if you can not, feel free to ask around. Many of us carry our sealers and such with us in the event that someone needs to re-apply. If someone is doing something they should not, either report it to con staff or to me and either con staff or I will straighten up the issue.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

-M.C.Karkat/Karkour/MegaKat (ps I may have a little event ready for the meetup with Megaphone. In case you weren't at the meetup last year, people made me get shipped with a megaphone. My heart still aches for her </3)

Furrat

On the subject of shipping photos would it be at all possible to avoid incest and pedophelic ships? This fandom unfortunately has a few of them and these sorts of abusive relationships are really triggering to some people. Examples would be dirk/roxy, john/dad egbert, stridercest, etc.

draxLfly2

So another person asked this and I'm not sure if you are the same person, so here is the (kinda) short version of it.

Here is the process of photos normally:

We have a list we go off of containing the normal pictures like beta kids, alpha kids, beta trolls, ancestors, etc. If we still have time (which the official meetup is at the end of the day so chances are we will go over the time limit and proceed back into the "unofficial" category), we will do photos of request, in other words, by vote or majority.

If people want the striders to go up, they can if they want, but by no means would it be considered strider-cest or incest of any way as the definition of "incest" is: the crime of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild and there is definitely not going to be any sex or anything sexual in public for photos. If the cosplayers would like to do that, they can do it elsewhere. this is also implied with the "pedophilia" ships you were talking about. Of course no one will ship them as together like that, but they would ship them as father and son (remember: "ship" doesn't always mean something sexual or kissing or something like that. It can mean the bond that is shared between characters as well).

So chances are, there won't be any pedophiliac photos or sexual photos or incest going on.

Here is an easy fix for you and others if you would like to go to the official meet-up and your not-so-favorite ship or character comes up for their photos: you can just turn around until the timer goes down (we will have a countdown as usual btw) or you can leave for a little bit, get some food, relax, DrInK sOmE fAyGo, or something else.

(also kissing is in no form of incest if you are thinking about that.)

LEGAL NOTE: the cosplayers can kiss for the photos if they like, but only if it's given consent by both of the people. If one happens to be 15 and the other 19+ and they kiss, it is completely legal as long as consent was given to each other and as long as no sexual touching or anything happened.

I would really like to talk to you about what ships you would consider incest and pedopheliac ships because I have not heard of any pedo ships (in the case of kissing and such) in homestuck.

draxLfly2

Also, if you or anyone else have any problems with a ship, please let me know at the gathering and I will do my best to see what I can do about it.

draxLfly2

(THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS SPOILERS)

So I got in contact with the person who is in charge of the OFFICIAL homestuck meet-up and he said, "we will be avoiding ships until the list is done." At that point, I would most likely believe we will be doing picture requests, so long as a lot of people want that particular picture.

Also, about the incest and pedophiliac ships (this is seriously a thorn in my side), if you would like me to elaborate as to how it is not incest, I will.

John and everyone was born via ectobiology and as we recall, crashed onto earth because of John and Karkat. So really, "Stridercest" is not incest at all or bro-dave; however, hardcore ships (as in nsfw things that exceed kissing and things becoming sexual) like John and Dave are TECHNICALLY incest as John created them. Same goes for the Trolls and Karkat. Now a way to see it as not incest is that no one has the same DNA or has similar genes to each other that was passed down. Therefore, no one is related biologically. In family and society wise though, John and Karkat are everyone's fathers.

draxLfly2

If anyone has any problems with ships like abusive ships, please PM me what those ships are okay? I asked my friends about these kind of ships and no one knew anything about them.

draxLfly2

For the past couple of days, I have asked many homestucks about the abusive ships, the ships that would count as incest, or anything remotely wrong and have devised a list of ships that we will NOT be calling out.

Also a little PSA: We will NOT be doing photos as the unofficial gathering as many people only go to the official gathering for photos.