This is my first time going to Fanime, and I decided to sign up for the swap meet in hopes of clearing out some of my old fandom-related stuff (and to make some money to fund the rest of the weekend :p). I'm really excited! I just have a few questions if someone with more experience would please answer?
1) Are we allowed to sell used jewelry? I saw something about cosplay jewelry being "at the discretion of the staff", and I wondered if I should bother bringing the jewelry I have. They're not really cosplay-related, but I did buy a few of the pieces at previous conventions.
2) How much does stuff usually sell for? I tried to figure this out online, but I haven't been able to find an answer. If someone could give me a typical price range on the various items, I would really appreciate it! Items I'm selling: DVDs, a figurine, old prints, t-shirts, manga, plushies, pokemon cards, a few other fandom-related things...
3) Is there a map somewhere of the convention grounds that points out the locations of things like the swap meet and registration? I may be arriving somewhat late on Thursday (around 5:30), and I don't want to wander around too long and miss the set-up time (which I understand begins at 6?).
4) To previous sellers: how much do you usually bring, and how much of what you bring usually sells? I don't have a /lot/ of stuff, but I figure if I sell about half of it, this should be worth it
Also, do more people sell or trade? I'm down for either, but I would prefer to sell enough to at least make back the $40 fee.
5) How strenuously does the staff usually look over the items you bring in? From the rules listed, it makes me feel as though they're going to pick through all my goods, which seems like it would take a while o.o Also, since I won't be checking into a hotel beforehand, I'll have all of my other stuff with me in addition to the stuff I'm selling... is that allowed?
6) Do we ever get a chance to look over and swap with the other sellers? I'd really love to see what everyone else is selling and get a chance to trade for some more goods!
7) Will there be someone to watch over my stuff if I need to run to the restroom or something? I will be by myself, since the only other person I know at the convention doesn't arrive till late Thursday night...
Sorry for all the questions, but thanks in advance to anyone who responds!