Hotel Parking

Started by kuorra, May 05, 2016, 02:18:39 PM

kuorra

Does the Hilton parking garage fill up quickly? If I have a room there, would I have to worry about it filling up?

And I'll have a roomate with their own car, so would they have to worry about it filling up as well?

Anything advice or anything else I should know about the hilton parking is appreciated!

Pretty new to this kind of stuff...

Nina Star 9

The Hilton portion of the garage is fairly small, and fills up pretty quickly. Get there early if you want good parking.

Kyra_Maverick

Haven't stayed at the Hilton in a few years, but I don't imagine much changed. I always noticed it filled up by Friday afternoon, so if you arrive on Thursday or early Friday you should find something, but if you move your car you might not get your spot back. I don't recall if they have an overflow lot or if you'll have to find public parking around town.

I also suggest you call the Hilton to ask if you'll have to pay double parking since your room will have 2 vehicles.

Nina Star 9

From years in the past at the Hilton, we've had to pay double parking, but were able to get both cars at the Hilton rate.

You might be able to ask them if you can park in the regular convention center garage (technically the same building, but blocked off from the Hilton portion) at the Hilton rate if their garage fills up.

It's getting increasingly difficult to find parking there, it seems, but Friday afternoon is a good timeframe for when it fills up. It was already mostly full Friday morning last year when I parked (and managed to somehow snag a really great spot right next to the elevators). And don't move your car all weekend, since there's no way you're getting your spot back.

EDIT:
Don't listen to me. I might be wrong.

I remember last year having to meet my sister out in front of the convention center to give her my parking ticket so she could get her car out...so we may have only been charged once for parking. I can't remember. Either way, we were able to have two cars in the garage for one room.

Xanreo

Your mileage may vary on being charged for one or two cars but I can confirm that you and your roommate should arrive by Friday evening.
I checked in at around noon and there were plenty of spaces in the back but my friend who arrived at around 4PM took one of the last few.

The Hilton does have a really small portion of the convention garage but getting one feels so good and it's so convenient throughout the weekend.
I also wouldn't take your car out even though the price covers in-and-out privileges; your spot may be taken almost immediately.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

moondogg

Does anyone know if the Hotels are gonna do a Fanime discount for parking again? I'm staying at the Marriott and in years past they charge about $20 instead of $34 for valet.

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: moondogg on May 16, 2016, 08:58:09 AM
Does anyone know if the Hotels are gonna do a Fanime discount for parking again? I'm staying at the Marriott and in years past they charge about $20 instead of $34 for valet.
The housing website says valet parking at Marriott will be $15.50.

moondogg

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 16, 2016, 09:28:06 AM
Quote from: moondogg on May 16, 2016, 08:58:09 AM
The housing website says valet parking at Marriott will be $15.50.

Perfect thanks.