FANIMECON 2016 KARAOKE: Events, Info, and Online Signups!

Started by Ska, May 05, 2016, 03:39:46 PM

Ska

Quote from: Fresh V on May 24, 2016, 02:44:31 PM
I have a couple questions

1) Let's say I'm doing a song that's originally in Japanese but there's an unofficial fanmade version with English lyrics. Am I allowed to sing it with the unofficial English lyrics, or would that be against the rules?

2) Also, I found a karaoke version of one of my songs on Youtube created through vocal dampening, and most of the background vocals are removed or barely audible. But there are still a few audible traces of the original vocals which you can hear in some parts like the chorus. Would this be a violation of the no backup vocals policy? Here's the instrumental: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QwUnDtZx6A
1) Against the rules.
2) As an example, that linked song is fine. When a song is vocally dampened we understand not everything can be removed, our only goal is that we can hear your voice clearly and distinctly. Our backup vocal policy is more to discourage people adding in their own(or other) background vocals to confuse the judges and hide their actual singing ability.

Quote from: Acey Arisen on May 24, 2016, 03:49:44 PM
I'm doing the Acoustikaraoke thing, Ska. I didn't see a time option on there.
Yeah, I'm dumb, sorry. we'll try to get you up asap, just ask us maybe 10min before showtime so we know/remember.

Quote from: Tokufi on May 24, 2016, 09:35:04 PM
I was wondering, since you can bring lyrics along, will there be a stand to put your lyrics?
I don't think we'll have a proper stand, but we might be able to make something work. Check with us during the warm-up period and we'll see what we can do.