inhalers at the dance?

Started by umbrakinetics, May 07, 2016, 05:12:50 PM

umbrakinetics

Yo! I was reading over the guidelines for the dance, and I noticed that there is a 'no prescription medicine' rule. I know that it's to prevent people from sharing painkillers and Xanax and the like, but does that extend to asthma inhalers? I need to use mine every four hours or I'll slowly start to suffocate, so I want to make 110% sure I can bring it with me. I don't want to miss the dance because of my asthma, so could anybody clarify for me so I can make arrangements if necessary?? Thanks!
fanime 2016 lineup
Friday: Rose Lalonde, maybe Ciel Phantomhive
Saturday: Punk/Festival/who knows!Rose Lalonde, Punk Rock!Homura Akemi
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Ciel Phantomhive In A Funny T-Shirt after the meetup

eHash

state your case at the entrance.  Your inhaler must fit in a pocket since it can't be used as an excuse to bring in a bag.

eHash

i should have clarified this was meant for inhalers to asthma treatment and not battery operated nicotine delivery systems or nicotine inhalers more commonly referred to "vapes". 

Ecchi ja Nai

Quote from: eHash on May 31, 2016, 03:08:04 PM
i should have clarified this was meant for inhalers to asthma treatment and not battery operated nicotine delivery systems or nicotine inhalers more commonly referred to "vapes".

It's a sad world where that type of distinction needs to be spelled out.

eHash

Quote from: Ecchi ja Nai on May 31, 2016, 06:24:35 PM
Quote from: eHash on May 31, 2016, 03:08:04 PM

It's a sad world where that type of distinction needs to be spelled out.

There were over 10 people that claimed their vapes were for medicinal purposes....clearly identifying that the juice was not your typical nicotine or 0 nic juice...

It should also be mentioned that even if you have a prescription for marijuana, don't try to bring it into the dance.

I hope this brings some clarity to the rule and why it exists.  If you have an asthma inhaler or insulin, ask at the door and the correct accommodation will be made OR STICK IT IN YOUR POCKET.