Meet up? New friends

Started by Lightningxxx, May 12, 2016, 03:53:13 PM

Lightningxxx

Hello!  My name is Lori and this is going to be my second time hanging out at Fanime.  My sister and I enjoy anime such as Owari no Seraph, K project, Akuma no Riddle, etc. and love to cosplay and we're going to be there the whole weekend.  We're both 19 years old and we're both don't have any friends coming to Fanime.

Just wanna ask anyone if they are ok hanging out with us?  We want to make friends with similar interests.  It's uncomfortable for me to advocate because I'm the shy type but my sister and I really want to have fun and make some friends at Fanime.

Our schedule are flexible.  Let me know through this forum or my email at [email protected] or text me at 415-535-5917.

We're going the in cosplay but not sure yet due to a lot of cosplay to choose in the closet. :)
If we want to hang out before Fanime to get to know each other, I'm down with that.  Just let me know through the forum, text and email.  Can't wait for Fanime and meeting exciting people. :)

Delisi

I'll only be there on Sunday, but I really hope to meet more new people! (My friend might be bailing on me this year!) I'm a bit (just a few years) younger, so at long as you don't mind that, I hope we can meet up!

Interests wise, I enjoyed both Owari no Seraph and K Project, however I have yet to finish reading the manga for Akuma no Riddle. My full anime list is here if for additional reference if you want~ http://myanimelist.net/profile/Delisi

Anyways, I'll be cosplaying as Monokuma from Dangan Ronpa.
If you're up for it, just shoot me a reply, and we'll be in contact! :D

Lightningxxx

Hello Delisi!  Thank you so much for responding.  I would love to hang out with you on Sunday.  Yay!

makoharuh

Hi! I will also be going to Fanime this year (and it'll be my first time going) and would love to meet up if that's okay! I loved Owari no Seraph and K project. And I'll also link the other animes I've watched too: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/makoharuh

I'll be going alone because sadly I have a lack of anime/manga loving friends but still excited to go! If you want I can tell you more about myself too so you can get a feel for my personality and such :)

Lightningxxx

Hello Makoharuh!
We can totally hang out while we're in Fanime.  If don't mind if you can tell me more about yourself.  Thank you for respond to my message on the forum.  I'll tell you about myself if you want

19 year old lives in San Francico. Go to CCSF to get a certificate.  Not working right now and I don't have a lot friends but I have a twin sister.  My sister and I usually shy at talking to people but when it comes to anime, yes we love to make friends.  My sister and I we're still new in the cosplay and convention world.  Went to Fanime for the first time last year and after that that's when I started cosplaying. 

It's a definite that we can hang out because I wanna make new friends and we're going to have a blast at Fanime. :)

makoharuh

I'd love to meet you and your sister. We all seem about the same in terms of shyness - I get very awkward meeting new people but once I'm comfortable around someone and/or share common interests I definitely get really friendly!

I am 21 years old (which is weird to say still since I just turned 21 two weeks ago!) and a female. I go to college out of state but am originally from the Bay Area, on the peninsula. I have never been to a convention before but I've been watching anime for 2 (or 3??) years now. I'm an avid reader (fiction and novels mostly, but I do like manga a lot). No siblings, have many friends from university but not too many back home here in SF bc I've been out of state for 3 years now and lost touch with most of my high school friends.

Where/when should we meet up?

makoharuh

Also, I forgot a super important detail! My name is Hannah  :D

Lightningxxx

Hello Hannah!
Thank you for responding back.  If we want to meet before Fanime, let me know.  If not, we can always meet on the first day of Fanime.  :)

And are you staying for the whole weekend at anime?  I am :)

Love Sign Master Spark

Oh hi, saw this today.

I'm attending alone and I'm open to making new friends.  Will be glad to connect.  Attending because of my interest in cosplay and gaming and because I live in the south bay and it's close.  Anime is something I haven't watched in many years; not having friends currently into it is a factor.  I welcome people with different interests than me; they may lead me to things I wouldn't discover left on my own.

I'll be around for most of the weekend, most of the time in cosplay.  This will also be my second year as an attendee, how random.  Being awkward around new people and opening up once I feel more comfortable is something I experience.  I can be outgoing but it takes conscious effort.

Going to send you a message with my contact info.

avatura

awesome im bringing friends that havnt been to a con before and there mostly gonna wonder off so ill b alone as well so it'll b cool to meet new people that have gone before. we will be there for the entire weekend. im 22 and  from marin attending at college of marin to b an RN so idk if its north of south bay but the con isn't so far away which is cool. my number is 415-450-0602 if u guys wanna meet up at con or before the con if u guys want. also my name  is Ruben and this is my second year at this con.

Lightningxxx

Hello to both Avatura and Love Sign Master Spark,
I am sorry for the late response.  Definitely I don't mind hanging out with both of you.  5 people ask me besides you two and I'm ok with all.  The more the merrier for me since I don't have many friends that like anime.

shirohairo

Oh I just saw this today so I hope I'm not too late! Hi Lori, my name is Audriana and this is actually going to be my 3rd year at Fanime but I just found out my friend bailed out on me so I'll be alone during the convention. ^^" I'm 22yrs old and live in Milpitas, which is super close to the convention if you want to meet up before. I like Owari no Seraph as well and have a huge list of anime that I really enjoy. XD http://myanimelist.net/profile/shirohairo I'm pretty much free the whole weekend; I'll just be going around and finding things to do. I'm kind of an awkward and shy person but I'm hoping to make some friends. :) My number is 408-964-8247 if you or anyone else wants to chat and maybe plan a small meet up beforehand. :D I hope I'm not being too much of a bother, I just don't want to be alone this year since I was last year and would love have more anime loving friends. XD

Lightningxxx

Hi Audriana! You're not too late.  I have a lot of people ask me but I'm willing to hang out you too because I don't have a lot of friends that likes anime and not a lot of friends in general.  I know how you feel of being shy and lonely.  I will love to hang out with you.  I would love to meet up with you before Fanime to get comfortable with each other if like. :) ;) :D ;D

acexl

Hello, my name is Luis, this is going to be my first time in Fanime, i am going with one friend from college but she is also volunteering for maid cafe so idk exactly how free she will be, i would love to make more friends, i really liked audriana's(shirohairo) idea of a meet up since there seem to be many of us, hopefully with some common free time (does anyone know where the con programming schedule is?) but i am also down to meet individually with people and stuff :D 

contacting me through here (reply to this thread or PM) is probably the fastest way to get to me atm.

Lightningxxx

Hello Luis!
Sure we can hang out.  The more the merrier.  I'll find out the common hours with everyone tomorrow so we can all meet at the same time.

loliconman

Hello there this is going to be my first time attending fanime this year and I have no clue who I might be going with yet(I literally just sent out a few texts to see who can make it...) But I want to try and meet new people and get out of my comfort zone. I can only attend Friday and Sunday sadly. Favorite animes are Spice and Wolf/Overlord.

Updated: So more about me.. I'm 25, Asian, and I love anime since I was 12?(Ranma 1/2, Fushigi Yuugi, Inuyasha) but if you count DBZ then we're talking about around 5-7. Not comfortable saying my name on forums cause I don't like being judged. I bet I've probably been judged a couple times based on my username lol. I won't be around much until Thursday.

acexl

:D :D :D Awesome sounds great!!!

netmaster0000

This will be my first time as well(cosplay doesn't exist in my home country). My wife is doing cosplay as well just so I'm not alone. I wasn't planning on doing anything other than coming as my cosplay character. However, everything I see is an official event. I just wanted to walk around, take a take a few pics and chill.

uzero

Hello I'm David.

I've live in the bay area for most my of life and this is my second year going to fanime so I've love to meet more people. Here's my list http://myanimelist.net/profile/koitsu. I've been recently reading more visual/light novels than manga/anime, the latest VN I've finished is Subarashiki Hibi and LN is A Certain Magical Index. Feel free to PM me if you want to meet.

killingstars

Hi everyone! My name is Oscar, I've been attending Fanime on and off since 08. I'll be attending Fanime starting day 0 .I used to have a group of friends that I used to kick it with at fanime but we have lost touch over the years. I would love to meet new ppl since I plan on making Fanime a yearly thing from now on. I'll be there with my wife and cousin.

About me: I'm 30yo, BA in Video Game Art & Design, work @ Google, live in Oakland. I've been watching anime as long as I can remember. I think my first anime was Astro Boy.  :( man the more I write the older I feelz. I havent been able to watch as much anime as I would like lately cause of this whole adult thing, but I try and keep up as much as I can. Currently re-watching Bleach, and just got done with Ajin.

Here's me contact, 707-227-7685, [email protected], SC: evilpanda0_0