Security Deposit Fairmont

Started by Leutheria, May 13, 2016, 12:36:30 PM

Leutheria

The hotel information page gives two different policies for the deposit. 1: worth one nights stay, withdrawn up to 48 hours before checkin, and 2: up to $100, given at check in

Is it possible to get some clarification on this? Should I contact through someone through fanime housing or fairmont?

YoureMyHiro

I believe the actual deposit is the "1 nights stay" and the "up to $100 per night" is for incidentals (room services, use of mini bar, movies ordered on demand etc). The "1 night's stay up to 48 hours before check in" is a new policy, I have been used to paying $50 per night for incidentals at The Marriott at check in.

Leutheria

So is the incidentals calculated into the estimated total or should I assume $100 in addition to the estimated that?

First time I've been in charge of a hotel.  :o

Kyra_Maverick

It would be best to clarify with the hotel since every hotel handles deposits differently.

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: Leutheria on May 13, 2016, 03:15:46 PM
So is the incidentals calculated into the estimated total or should I assume $100 in addition to the estimated that?

First time I've been in charge of a hotel.  :o

As Kyra_Maverick stated, its best to confirm directly but in my experience over the years incidentals are NOT calculated into the estimate provided in your convention hotel email confirmation. So for example, if you were provided an estimate of $389.56 for 3 nights and you were told there would be incidental fees of $100 per night, you would be paying $300.00 in addition to the $389.56 at check-in however the $300 will be returned to you upon check out as long as you don't use any paid amenities or damage the room. Hope this helps!