2016 Maps!

Started by thepharaohinleather, May 16, 2016, 10:56:29 AM

thepharaohinleather

Hey everyone! So I've been anticipating the release of the maps for this year, but it constantly gives me the coming soon stuff. However if you click on the link for the dance http://www.fanime.com/maps/#dance it also shows the other maps available! Check it out as it seems a number of things have moved compared to last year!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

kookiekween99

It's funny how they have Artist Gallery on the map even though that was canceled...
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

TC X0 Lt 0X

So they switched down the video rooms to street level where old registration used to be.
I wonder how that works out? Did that room have the option to have temporary walls places up or are they using curtain?
Still, nice to know they aren't wasting any space.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Ecchi ja Nai

The room(s) that you actually went in to for registration last year, not the large open hall facing the street where the fantastically short-to non-existent lines were, do have the movable wall partitions.  The Silicon Valley Comic Con had panels set up there earlier this year, which really sucked because their registration was also in that area.

This explains why Fanime's moving reg to the Marriott this year.  I just hope having reg in that already bustling hotel won't affect anyone staying there.  You know, like this guy.  Elevator linecon '16, here I come!

Angelx624

So...
That's why they're moving registration. :x
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

thepharaohinleather

It looks like they removed the maps as of right now, possibly to fix the point made about the artist gallery and other last minute changes. Hopefully those will be back up soon!
Attendee since 2009

eHash

....not sure how the dance got to be so lucky to be the gateway to the maps, but since we're on this topic, we will be enforcing the "NO BAGS, NO EXCEPTIONS" rule, so keep in mind that fan storage is located in the Hilton Market Room.

thepharaohinleather

Good to know! Really happy with the item check being open all con this year. Also, maps are back up for main convention areas! Still waiting on maps for artist alley and dealer's hall, however there are several posts on tumblr from artists showing the Artist Alley map and their personal location. Still waiting on the dealer's hall map/list of dealers!
Attendee since 2009