To those interested in Japan's DARK & FUNNY side - Osaka:Cries & Laughs of Japan

Started by shadowpal2, May 18, 2016, 01:11:57 PM

shadowpal2

What is this panel about?

So there's lots of people who know about Tokyo (Shibuya, Harajuku, Akihabara).
With all its host bars, maid cafes, out of this world fashion,
otaku culture(コミケット/Comiket) and so on - we love it as it's our primary view of Japan.

However...
I don't think there's many out there in Fanime who know about Osaka.
...no not the character from Azumanga Daioh - I'm talking about the city.

The city is a very different culture compared to a place like Tokyo and different from what many
people consider to be "japanese culture" in general.

OSAKA is a city where the dark and funny of Japan collide together.

So those of you who are interested in the dark: Notorious Yakuza, serial killers, and cold blooded-murders
OR/AND
the funny side: Game shows, comedians, and lifestyle - I really hope you do come visit the panel.

The panel will take place from 6-8pm on Sunday, Fairmont Valley.
Please go ahead and reply down below if you have any questions - or comments in general!   

ComptonsLeastWanted

This sounds really interesting. Informative panels about culture or history are always my favorite. The only things I can say that I know about Osaka are takoyaki and the Kansai accents (often compared to the US's New York accents). Unfortunately, other than that I'm pretty ignorant! I'll be there. :)
Fanime 2016:
Friday: Louise, with partner as Tina (Bob's Burgers)
Saturday: Professional Kyubey (Madoka Magica)
Sunday: Kyubey again for PMMM gathering / Monomi (Dangan Ronpa 2)

shadowpal2

Please do come on by!

Takoyaki and the different accent are certainly a big part of Osakan culture - that's sort of the face of it!
I'll be really happy to talk about more as well - can't wait to see you there!

shadowpal2

I would like to thank everyone who came to the fan event: Osaka: Cries & Laughs of Japan - from the bottom of my heart. Was an awesome experience to talk about my love of Osaka with you all. Thank you! See you all next Fanime!