Missed Connections 2016

Started by yggdrasilsys, May 30, 2016, 01:56:41 PM

yggdrasilsys

Come on, let's hear em.

Shout out to all those Princess Mononokes. Maybe I was too into my cosplay but I had like a small crush on you all  ;)

Phemeto

This should be fun.

I was the portal turret. We talked a bunch, took photos, You were wearing a button that said "Single" on it, and I did not see it until you walked away...because I was wearing a mask my voice was all muffled so I couldn't say anything you could hear.

Also I managed to miss EVERY speed dating sessions because I kept getting stopped while I walked to the line to register, and ran out of time.

Vaishin

I was Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls, and you were Reno from FF7 and we met in the Dealer's Hall. I came up to compliment your costume and you took my picture. I was too shy to ask for you wait while I went back to my booth to grab my camera, or to ask for your email address or anything.

I've been kicking myself because your costume was awesome and I wanted to talk to you more.

RonnieIsSenpaiKawaii

A long shot I guess.
To the girl I met at the rave on saturday night/sunday morning.You cos as a lolita(black dress) I hugged you and we talked in the far most right corner for a bit until you had to go with your two friends. I totally forgot your name but if you are here in the forums. It would be cool to talk again.

Wakako Sorabayashi

So, pretty casual, but I encountered a mystery cosplayer numerous times, with photos and glomps. Just wanted to say thanks because they brought a huge smile to my day, and if possible to share contact info. If anyone knows who this is, a nod in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Me as Ruby Rose, and the mystery cosplayer as Neo:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1765751300334915&set=a.1765751280334917.1073741831.100007001865910&type=3&theater
2011: Mazoku Yusuke Urameshi
2013: Hagiri Kaname
2014: Ruby Rose
2016: Ruby Rose (w/Magnhild), Hatsushimo
2017: Megumin

GameSlaveZ

Long shot, but I met a few people and never got names or numbers like the other Chells from the gathering one of whom was also Sheik I think.
And more importantly the girl I met in line for the pre-paid tickets on Thursday, we talked for hours about shows and games and of course anime. You were graduating on Saturday and we joked that we had a hard time remembering names, and of course I forgot yours and we never shared numbers. We were going to go to the swap meet but the line was too long. We bumped into each other for a few seconds on Monday, I was dressed as Aladdin.
I'd love to lk again some more.

dreamerofpluto

I know this is a long shot--goodness only knows if anyone even reads these forums a solid three weeks after the con has ended, much less the person I'm hoping will see this--but I had to give it a try...

You asked me to dance at the Black and White Ball, and I was awful at it, and you reassured me that I wasn't--which was a lie, but very kind ^.~  I've been kicking myself and kicking myself ever since for not having asked for a second dance, for a name, for an anything...but I was just so overwhelmed with that fluttery teenage feeling I haven't felt in oh so long!

You wore a vest and boots and a little mask off to the side of your head.  I wore a spaghetti-strapped white dress and a short grey wig whose bangs kept getting in my eyes.  If there's any chance at all that you see this message, I'd love to hear from you.  If not...I'll be at the ball again next year, and I hope to get MY chance to ask YOU to dance ^.^