Guests for Fanimecon 2017

Started by andyjay729, May 31, 2016, 06:38:09 PM

thecrazycyborggirl

Quote from: GokuMew2 on March 10, 2017, 04:51:26 AM
Quote from: thecrazycyborggirl on March 09, 2017, 11:18:12 PM
Messaged Nina (mangosirene) to see what hear what she might say after seeing other people request/wish her as a guest at Fanime this year. She told me she'd be totally up for attending Fanime, and especially in a guest capacity to host panels or help out with (maybe judge) the masquerade. Can we make this happen, Staff?

Hi there. We're happy to see that people like you are eager to contribute to FanimeCon, but please kindly do not reach out to potential guests. We understand that you only asked what her reply might be "if" she were invited, but we do not wish to have people get their hopes up only to be let down should they not be extended an invitation to attend as a guest. While we cannot divulge all the details, there are many factors that play a role when considering guests for FanimeCon, not just number of requests. To make sure there are no misunderstandings or disappointments on either side, we kindly ask that attendees please leave the gauging of interest and inviting to Guest Relations staff. Know that we do read all suggestions posted in these threads, and Evan has mentioned before that he keeps a spreadsheet of all the requests. (He really does!)

Should anyone want to come to FanimeCon to host a panel, we offer partial and full badge refunds to panelists who contribute a certain number of hours to con programming. More information can be found here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hey there, just wanted to make it clear that I did NOT impersonate nor did I state I was a staff member or in anyway involved with staff. She clearly understood in her reply, saying that she would if she were invited by staff. I simply did what DankLordPopo did (ask if mangosirene might come) or what P4ranoia mentioned about akidearest. Please don't misread my words; I did NOT extend an invitation to her. Please don't think that lowly of me to do something so stupid or disrespectful. And thank you staff, for all the work you do.
~ Fanime 2022 ~

GokuMew2

Quote from: thecrazycyborggirl on March 16, 2017, 09:59:43 PMHey there, just wanted to make it clear that I did NOT impersonate nor did I state I was a staff member or in anyway involved with staff. She clearly understood in her reply, saying that she would if she were invited by staff. I simply did what DankLordPopo did (ask if mangosirene might come) or what P4ranoia mentioned about akidearest. Please don't misread my words; I did NOT extend an invitation to her. Please don't think that lowly of me to do something so stupid or disrespectful. And thank you staff, for all the work you do.

Hi. First off-- I do not think lowly of you. Please don't think that I am harshly scolding you. It's good that you did not impersonate staff, but gauging a potential guest's interest is still something that would be best left to GR staff. Thanks for your understanding.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

DankLordPopo

Oh yeah, along with TeamFourStar, We got to get Chris Zito, who's also part of TFS, in Fanime, It WON'T BE A PARTY WITHOUT HIM ;D
"I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say"

DankLordPopo

TeamFourStar's vids on youtube got taken down again due to those stupid copyright claims. Let's wish upon a dragon ball to bring their channel back once more.

Justaplate

Not sure if it's too late, but suggesting the Final Fantasy XV voice actors?

Ray Chase
Robbie Daymond
Adam Croasdell
Chris Parson

DankLordPopo

Um, why are the same cosplayers from last year coming again? Even though they were they were interesting, did people want them again or did we just needed to fill in a space for the guests?

DankLordPopo

Oh, one last suggestion for guests, could we have Corinne Sudberg (Megami33) come to this year's Fanime Con? On her own budget she cannot attend, but if she is invited she would be happy to come! She is a voice actress and voice artist.