San Jose Hilton (First Time Getting A Hotel Booking Through Fanime Con) Thursday- Monday
The Hilton was my first choice and I was happy to get it an book it. It's a little far from the Con life but I like that like that distance. Everyone there was nice once I checked in and I really hope I can book at the Hilton again, next year.Pros
1) Staff were super friendly and helpful after check-in.
2) Elevators were not too bad as the other hotels.
3)Convenient(Right next to the gaming hall for quick access.)
4)The mini Fridge helped when storing cold water.
5)Rooms were nicely designed and great to just sit in a bit to recharge those batteries.
6) Gave out these vouchers. (If you wanted the houskeeping to take out the trash and switch out the towels you got a 5 dollar voucher for each night you were staying to use at the hotel.)
7)Easy to get a replacement key. The guy was super nice and even let my pick out the character.
Parking was close and was about 12 bucks a night per car with in and out privileges.
9) Check out was quick. All you had to do was leave but double check to see if you owe anything. I forgot I had to pay for parking at the front desk. Cons
1)Check in was a hastle. Long story short. Tried to check in a couple of times. The front desk was little rude each time. It was weird in that they would not give me a estimated amount of time to check in. One dude keep cutting me off and saying that he did not want to lie to me over and over again. Check in was at 3PM and I did not get a room until 4PM because I was finally offered a room that was at least on the same floor. I do have to say that they later tried to make it up to me, which helped.
2) Tried to get to settle with a room that looked directly into the pool and people could look in if they wanted to.
3) It's expected but it was faster to take the stairs then wait for the elevator.
4) Not much of a pumping con-life like the other hotels but that is also a plus side.
5) I really wanted both a digitial key card and a physical one but I did not want everyone to download the app.
6)When checking in I could not get any help with my bags.
7)The hotel pillows sorta sucked.
9) No options for food really. You're better off bringing your own.