Cards from the Comment Box Revealed on 4chan to open to ridicule

Started by platinumrad, June 06, 2016, 09:46:07 AM

platinumrad

Hello, I noticed my and one other persons comment cards for the Voice Acting with Hentai III panel were posted on 4chan.

I'm interested to know if the staff or goers of this con are aware that the comment cards from panels are being released to the public?
The reason why this bothers me is because I wonder if comments like these are glossed over by staff members or volunteers. I am aware that this is not normal behavior, and that it may be difficult to find out who did it, especially if it was a volunteer. I also understand that sometimes its hard to catch them in the act, no matter how hard you try.

Here are screenshots from the thread, showing that comment box cards are being revealed to the public. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/968jrk6ge5lgrav/AADhRxhPmetu0m5CLQMfHYNZa?dl=0

But this leads me to wonder:

• Does this convention receive non biased info about the comment cards or not?
  • Who, at the end of it all, reads and evaluates the comment cards, and what to do about them?
  • Can volunteers be trusted with the comment cards, and can there be effective repercussions for people who only volunteer on account of the fact that they are temporary?
  • What can and will be done to assure quality control?
  • What can and will be done in regards to this incident?

Yes, I am the person who wrote one of these comments. No, I don't have the whole story. And honestly, if my comment card was considering by several people with power in the con as staff, but rejected anyways, I wouldn't be upset. At the end of the day, it all comes down to how they interpret what happened. If that was the case, the matter would be settled with dignity. As far as I know, when and if the comment cards got to the staff, that may be what happened. But I share this with the Fanime community because this raises questions. I don't expect answers I am not entitled to, and I am not trying to suggest changes before I know the full story, that is to say if I even get the full story ever, which I may not. I simply wanted to bring this to attention and discuss it.

Provided it's still up, here is a link to the posts in question. WARNING, needless to say this is a 4chan thread. It is on a blue (SFW) board but that does not mean that the moderators can catch everything that goes on in 4chans large community. If you know what 4chan is infamous for, you should know to stay away from this link if you aren't prepared for anything that might offend you or be inappropriate in your viewing environment. http://boards.4chan.org/cgl/thread/9032022/fanime-2016-the-aftermath#p9033158

TC X0 Lt 0X

While I dont know Fanimes exact policy on sharing these comments cards publicly, as an aside, I honestly prefer they would be. Criticism should be public, it allows for valid criticism to not be more easily swept under the rug and others to be made aware of any criticism so they can use it to determine what events/panels they would want to go to.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

platinumrad

I agree in a way, and to be honest, some fair points were made in the thread. But I feel like due to the audience being 4chan and the unmoved, vague comment that went along, they were intending to openly mock it. Discussing an opinion is one thing, but setting an opinion up for public flaming on a board with little to no rules or community standards is another. I would feel much differently if the comment cards were revealed on fanime.com and discussed civilly.

platinumrad

I want to inform you that I have recieved a very detailed email from Panel Staff. I will not share the contents of the email because I don't think it's proper for me to share other peoples emails they sent to me. I had all of my questions answered thoroughly and am satisfied to hear that the staff is interested in looking the matter.