Guests I Want For MusicFest 2017!!!

Started by Kuudere, June 06, 2016, 02:02:05 PM

Kuudere

This thread is for MusicFest guest requests! For general guest requests, please use this thread in order for those requests to reach the correct department.

Remember: the sooner you request, the better chance you have of staff being able to fulfill that request! These acquisitions can take months of planning/talking, so request early! All requests placed here are monitored by official staff, so no other steps (aside from posting here) are necessary to make sure your suggestion is heard.

For 2017, I'd like to see (copied and pasted from my 2016 request):

• The Pillows (forever first on my list). They perform the whole soundtrack for FLCL and are just a great group all around.
  • ClariS. Featured in Madoka Magica, Nisekoi, OreImo, Nise/Tsukimonogatari.
  • Tommy Heavenly6. Featured in Soul Eater, Paradise Kiss, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Gintama, Bakuman, and Pokemon.
  • Crystal Kay. Featured in Nodame Cantablie, Fullmetal Alchemist, and several J-dramas.
  • Kalafina. Featured in Madoka Magica, Black Butler, and Fate/Zero.
  • Etsuko Yakushimaru. Featured in Arakawa Under the Bridge, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Space Dandy, Mawaru Penguindrum, Natsu no Arashi, Tatami Galaxy.
  • Kana Nishino. Featured in Soul Eater, Naruto.
  • Maaya Sakamoto. Featured in too many anime to name, but probably mostly famous for Wolf's Rain's Gravity.
  • OreSkaBand. Featured in Bleach and Naruto.
  • Supercell. Featured in the Monogatari series, Guilty Crown, Black Rock Shooter, Naruto, Magi.

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

KairuPhotography

Best attempt to organize a list with band name in bold, followed by genre and how they might be related to Fanime (or best known)

• Pillows - Alt/rock - FLCL soundtrack
    • One ok Rock - Rock/metal - Ruroni Kenshin (live action) and Captain Harlock
    • Baby Metal - Rock/metal - No anime relation, but would be awesome
    • Perfume - J-pop electronic - No anime relation
    • Uverworld - Alt/rock - Blue Exorcist soundtrack + more
    • Utada Hikaru - J-pop - Kingdom Hearts + more
    • Rip Slyme - Hip-hop/rap - Gantz OP
    • Dragon Ash - Rock/Hip-hop/Reggae - Battle Royale movie song
    • Base Ball Bear - Rock/pop - Bakuman, Gintama + more
    • Boom Boom Satelites - Electronic/pop - Kiznaiver OP + more
    • Porter Robinson - Electronic/dj - Anime and video game inspired show
    • Asian Kung Fu Generation - Alt/punk - Full Metal Alchemist song
    • Distant Worlds Symphony - Orchestra - Final Fantasy music performed with a full orchestra
    • Kreva - Hip-hop/rap - I just like him haha
    • M-flo - Hip-hop/pop - Appleseed: ex-machina

A lot of these are pretty unrealistic, but I would do everything in my power to attend Fanime if any one of these artists were performing.

A few of the more 'unique' ones are highlighted in red because they might bring a different feel to Fanime and broaden the fan base.

Kuudere

Quote from: KairuPhotography on June 15, 2016, 06:49:18 PM
Pillows - Alt/rock - FLCL soundtrack

It really warms my heart to see so many people (on twitter) asking for them to come to Fanime. I was worried that people wouldn't know who they were in this newer generation of anime-watchers. I think that the announcement of FLCL 2 coming out next year might have revived some interest? The good news is that what may have been holding them back from touring in the US for years seems to have been resolved last year (a certain former guest bassist supposedly had some visa issues), meaning there might actually be a shot at getting them! They haven't been able to come here since 2011, so it'd be great to have them make their US comeback at Fanime.

thepharaohinleather

Definitely second Perfume, Baby Metal, Porter Robinson, and Utada Hikaru!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

Angelx624

Granrodeo please? XD (Just recently watched Bungou Stray Dogs and holycrap the OP *~* Plus the vocalist voices Chuya...... ;3 )
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

aureliarain

I'd like to see Aquors from Love Live! Sunshine! They performed at 2016 AX as well :0

Kuudere

Quote from: aureliarain on August 07, 2016, 07:30:59 PM
I'd like to see Aquors from Love Live! Sunshine! They performed at 2016 AX as well :0

Since I attended their event at AX, I feel that I should clear up the fact that they did not perform there. It was only 6 of the 9 girls, and their event was mostly a "get to know us and the franchise" thing. No live singing or dancing was involved.

Regardless, I'd love to see them perform, too. I'm loving their music and the new season they're in.

SHINE14

Somewhat copy and pasted from last year's thread...

- Ohashi Ayaka. Seiyuu and singer who has done OPs and EDs. She recently released a full album. Here's a link to the official album preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnd1dBC43Fs

- Uesaka Sumire. Seiyuu who has done OPs and EDs in addition to her career as a singer. Here is one of her songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRI2dNtVPis

- SEIYUU FROM THE IDOLM@STER GAMES. If you could get a group of them, it would be incredible. im@s has done hundreds of songs in various genres. The concert would be fun no matter what, and you will get a massive group of fans to attend. Here's a link to one of the many im@s song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNLjcSKXEuc

As always to the staff, thank you for reading and for your hard work!

badninja

• Uverworld - Rock
  • Babymetal - Rock/Metal/J-pop
  • Joe Hisaishi + an orchestra - Classical
  • ClariS - Jpop
  • Sambomaster - Rock / Funk (I would die if they came to Fanime)

thecrazycyborggirl

I know this is a super late reply, but I second a few of these recommendations.

-Granrodeo (since the lead singer also voices Chuuya from BSD, it'd be a two-in-one)
-Asian Kung-fu Generation
-Goose House
-FLOW (again please)
-Babymetal
-Joe Hisaishi
-Eir Aoi (I would die to see Eir Aoi)
-GARNiDELiA
-Sukima Switch
-BRADIO
-7!!
-EGOIST
-OreSkaBand
-Aimer (I would die to see Aimer)
-Sambomaster
-Supercell
-Kana-boon
-Nana Mizuki (here's a BIG one, not a fan of hers, but know she'd be popular)
-PelleK (would be great, but me thinks it hard to get him all the way from Norway)

I tried to be as varying as I could with my list of suggestions (Bigger Names as well as Smaller Names) and varying with genre/style. I think any of these guests would definitely be awesome/amazing.
~ Fanime 2022 ~

blackmushroom555

Granrodeo- Bungou Stray Dogs! <333 (Chuya :-*)

KyraEnsui

Wow. There are some really big names on some of these lists. Mashiro Ayano is still new, but she has done other songs for animes like Fate/Stay and D.Gray Man Hallow. I don't mind seeing Granrodeo, but I read that Taniyama Kishio is afraid of flying though. ^^;;

Legit question though-- Will fans be willing to pay extra admission on top of your Fanime badge to see these people? I vaguely remember there was a thread before about not wanting Fanime to ever charge extra for events but I don't think some of these artists would be possible to get unless Fanime charged extra for tickets to see them.

For me, I don't mind paying extra to see any artists to come. If fans who attended AX and bought tickets on top of their badge for AniMatsuri concert, then we can too. It would be a cool thought to see the concert perform at SAP center that's not too far from the convention center(~about 1.0 mi).

Angelx624

It looks like others are suggesting Granrodeo as well!! <3 (But dammit, if they do manage to be at Fanime I just might have to bring my Chuya cosplay...... >_< )
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

LordDawn

Quote from: KairuPhotography on June 15, 2016, 06:49:18 PM
    Best attempt to organize a list with band name in bold, followed by genre and how they might be related to Fanime (or best known)

• Pillows - Alt/rock - FLCL soundtrack
    • One ok Rock - Rock/metal - Ruroni Kenshin (live action) and Captain Harlock
    • Baby Metal - Rock/metal - No anime relation, but would be awesome
    • Perfume - J-pop electronic - No anime relation
    • Uverworld - Alt/rock - Blue Exorcist soundtrack + more
    • Utada Hikaru - J-pop - Kingdom Hearts + more
    • Rip Slyme - Hip-hop/rap - Gantz OP
    • Dragon Ash - Rock/Hip-hop/Reggae - Battle Royale movie song
    • Base Ball Bear - Rock/pop - Bakuman, Gintama + more
    • Boom Boom Satelites - Electronic/pop - Kiznaiver OP + more
    • Porter Robinson - Electronic/dj - Anime and video game inspired show
    • Asian Kung Fu Generation - Alt/punk - Full Metal Alchemist song
    • Distant Worlds Symphony - Orchestra - Final Fantasy music performed with a full orchestra
    • Kreva - Hip-hop/rap - I just like him haha
    • M-flo - Hip-hop/pop - Appleseed: ex-machina

A lot of these are pretty unrealistic, but I would do everything in my power to attend Fanime if any one of these artists were performing.

A few of the more 'unique' ones are highlighted in red because they might bring a different feel to Fanime and broaden the fan base.

I would LOOOOOOOVE if Porter Robinson (and Madeon) could perform, and while they are just wrapping up the SHELTER tour (which if any of you for some reason have not seen the short film/music video I implore you to), Porter Robinson is a pretty active member in the anime community (as well as DDR/Stepmania) and used to perform at AX so its not unreasonable to think that he might.
IG kouhai_dawn

rei_coast

We'd love to request ONE OK ROCK (rock/pop/emo)!

On a side note, I play with a local San Jose/San Francisco band called Coast in the Clouds, and we want to open for any act for Music Fest! We play original rock music with lyrics in both Japanese and English. We have an EP out and one music video out, and have played a lot of conventions in California. We also won various song writing contests in Japan, and get regular airplay in Japanese radio. We've been Fanime goers, with myself going since 8 years ago when I was in high school. We'd love to participate in Fanime Music Fest as the opening act, but only if you guys like our music!

Our music is also available on bandcamp, soundcloud, Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, and Google Play.

Our website: http://coastinthecloudsjp.weebly.com/
EP: https://coastintheclouds.bandcamp.com/album/re-start-2
Music Video: https://youtu.be/SIh9iyxaSQY
Live History: http://coastinthecloudsjp.weebly.com/history.html

Thank you! Looking forward to Fanime 2017!

panfa

Granrodeo, Porter Robinson, OLDCODEX, and BRADIO!

Angelx624

I would also love it if Da-iCE could return...... but that's wishful thinking. :P (I adored their performance last year!!! Thank you so much for bringing them here, Fanime! ;_; )
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

ghoulpixel

I would absolutely love it if my favourite J-Pop and English singer Nano http://en.nanonano.me/
came to Fanime. I've been listening to her for years now and I admire her work so much.
kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD

iAteTheRamen

I'm a +1 for ONE OK ROCK and Baby Metal, even if they're a bit of a stretch!