2017 Panel Requests!

Started by thepharaohinleather, June 08, 2016, 10:21:54 AM

thepharaohinleather

Hi there! I've noticed through the years that the variety of panels can be very limited at fanime, so I thought I would start a thread where people can put out what kind of panels they might like to attend to possibly give some ideas of what people want to go to! I'm not a panelist myself, but I do know what kind of panels my friends and I would love to attend if they were being given!

Web comics - my friend has their own web comic and he is an amazing artist. I never see panels about web comics and the like at fanime, and he would really enjoy attending some of those, whether sharing your own experience with it, giving advice for those making their own or whatever!

Cultural panels - Informative presentations about Japan (or other countries!) and their culture, their food, history, etc!

World building - my friend is interested in a panel that can help explore how to build worlds for writers, game developers, etc, possibly from someone with experience in that area and how they made their fictional world, what worked for them, what helped them get creative and how to keep it all organized.

More artist panels in general - there's always a lot of cosplay themed panels, but not as many artist panels! We really want to see more things for artists of all styles, from digital to traditional. Perhaps someone in the industry or freelance perspective who can share their experiences and opinions of what works best for approaching things like advertising, merchandise and business strategy, including sponsorship. How to help artists get recognized and get their name out there. Maybe even a panel where artists can share their talents, perhaps in a "mad lib" style create something like a world or story that can then be shared by those artists or something like that (I'm just hastily writing down what my friend is suggesting omg)

Parody/Possibly "offensive" panels - I was super excited for that professor oak's late night lab 18+ panel that was scheduled but canceled this year. Things like that I'm super into and would love to attend

Game show style panels - panels that really get the audience involved are great. I know there are a lot of Q&A panels but that's not really what I'm talking about. Those only really seem to involve people who have questions to ask, while game shows can involve everyone. Idk that's just the impression I get. Honestly there's always way too many Q and A panels.

If anyone has any panels, specific or not, they suggest/would want someone to host, post it here! Doesn't assure it'll happen of course but it gives a good chance! We gotta tell them what the people want~

If anyone has any panels, specific or not, they suggest/would want someone to host, post it here! Doesn't assure it'll happen of course but it gives a good chance! We gotta tell them what the people want~
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

SquishyK

Awesome topic! I agree 100% Something I would love to see is a panel about the history and evolution of anime. There are always some hidden gems when you dig into that sort of topic.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

GokuMew2

Quote from: pitin on June 08, 2016, 10:37:29 AM
Awesome topic! I agree 100% Something I would love to see is a panel about the history and evolution of anime. There are always some hidden gems when you dig into that sort of topic.
Sounds like a panel Gilles might be able to pull off. :)
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Firefury Amahira

Quote from: thepharaohinleather on June 08, 2016, 10:21:54 AMWorld building - my friend is interested in a panel that can help explore how to build worlds for writers, game developers, etc, possibly from someone with experience in that area and how they made their fictional world, what worked for them, what helped them get creative and how to keep it all organized.
This is actually something my sister and I touch on in the Fanfiction Workshop. Granted, given you tend not to have a whole lot of worldbuilding to do in most fanfic, it's only briefly discussed, but if there's enough interest in the subject and questions on it at the panel, we can go into more depth. Generally part of the Fanfic 101 panel, but could also come up at the Fanfic 120 open lab. :)
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

thepharaohinleather

Oh! I didn't know about that! Will definitely relay that and remember that! Thank you for letting us know!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

_Kai_

Since Fanime and Clockwork Alchemy are under the same admission, there was a whole track of fiction and world building panels at CA I know.  Some was specific to the genre, but others seemed quite general from the descriptions.

HighValume

I really want to host a cosplay dance battle panel!

Something like lipsync battle but with people roleplaying in costume lol. Karaoke contest fills alot of the talented singers but the lack of dance competitions saddens me.

Never hosted a panel before but am confident in being a hypeman/host/dance judge. If anyone can help me make this a reality please help xP.

echoshadow

Interesting idea, and possible to do.
Not sure how well the stages would be great for dancing.  Then there is the participation accpect. How many people will be willing to sign up for it? Depending on how many people are willing to be in it, it could be more of an event than a panel.

Setting it up is the easy part. Finding contestants that's the hard part. You kind of have to start pulling some Facebook type event/post just to gauge interest. You'll have zero luck just posting here on the forums.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

StevenSavage

Quote from: thepharaohinleather on June 08, 2016, 10:21:54 AM
World building - my friend is interested in a panel that can help explore how to build worlds for writers, game developers, etc, possibly from someone with experience in that area and how they made their fictional world, what worked for them, what helped them get creative and how to keep it all organized.

I'd definitely like to be on this - Worldbuilding's a special passion of mine.  I've actually written a book on it with more coming.  A lot could be done with this.

One subject that's also near and dear to my heart is how Worldbuilding differs with forms of media - a game, an anime, and a novel often require different levels of attention.

Miu

Will anyone be able to put together a Love Live or Owari No Seraph panel? :)
I would surely participate!
FRIDAY: KRUL TEPES
SATURDAY: ARABIAN ELI AYASE
SUNDAY: ARABIAN ELI AYASE ~ CASUAL ELI AYASE
MONDAY: CASUAL ELI AYASE ~ N/A

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: DragonScholar on September 17, 2016, 10:26:23 PM
Quote from: thepharaohinleather on June 08, 2016, 10:21:54 AM

I'd definitely like to be on this - Worldbuilding's a special passion of mine.  I've actually written a book on it with more coming.  A lot could be done with this.

One subject that's also near and dear to my heart is how Worldbuilding differs with forms of media - a game, an anime, and a novel often require different levels of attention.

I'd go to a Wordbuilding panel, especially if it was hosted by someone who wrote a book about it. If it can't happen at Fanime proper I'm sure it'd fit in at Clockwork Alchemy.

StevenSavage

Well if you can put in the good word please do!  I can arrange one on short notice ;)

spooply

Hi! Just wanted to pop in and say that I will be hosting panels on user experience in video games and vector graphics. They are scheduled for Saturday morning and Sunday morning respectively.  :)

StevenSavage

Sounds interesting - especially with the sylizied options.  Have they chosen all the panels?

The Doctor

If you like heated arguments, and brutality in the form of humor, come to Tough Crowd.