Who Would Want This Performed?

Started by Tomas Cosplay, July 30, 2016, 12:40:49 PM

Tomas Cosplay

First, before I say anything else, I don't know exactly where to put this topic since it is something out of the ordinary, so if it gets moved somewhere I will be fine with that.
  Now with that said, on with business. I occasionally write fandom musicals just for fun but never really expect to perform them. However, I have been writing a Five Night's at Freddy's Musical. (Yes, I know, FNAF is already overdone everywhere, but hear me out.) I have been getting pretty far in planning and stuff for it and think it would be one that would be manageable performing. Really, because the animatronics may have speaking or possibly singing parts, they wouldn't be able to have giant furry suits so mostly the cast would have simpler cosplays and costumes for it. It most likely will not be ready this upcoming Fanime, but if I'm lucky I could possibly get script and music done a few months before the next one in 2018 and be able to have a small cast ready and performing and possibly be able to see it performed. However, if I wanted to do this and go through all the effort to get it organized with Fanime staff and everything like that, I need to know one thing...
  Who would actually be willing to go see this? Who would be willing to act and sing in this? Is this something anyone is going to be looking forward to in two years?
  My reason for asking this is because FNAF is already becoming overrated and somewhat hated, but I know there will be people out there still wanting to see this. But will there be enough? Will I be able to get the cast I need? Will all the effort I put into trying to produce the musical at Fanime worth it? I can't see into the future, so I need your guy's opinions. If you want to see this, feel free to reply to this topic. Feel free to message me. Heck, if you want to help act in it or possibly help me write a script, just let me know! Any and all help and encouragement is greatly appreciated. For now though, I'm going to continue writing this for fun until I know this is something that will be enjoyed greatly.
Fanime 2020 Cosplay List
TBD

For my full list of cosplays see this link: https://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,21883.0.html

Imperial

The concept is there imo, it needs a good pitch to higher up the latter, needs to have relevence (if a game is released within the year, in example), and needs probably a lot of help of man power to get off the ground. If you can toss it all together, by all means I would go see it.

Tomas Cosplay

Quote from: Imperial on July 30, 2016, 08:13:14 PM
The concept is there imo, it needs a good pitch to higher up the latter, needs to have relevence (if a game is released within the year, in example), and needs probably a lot of help of man power to get off the ground. If you can toss it all together, by all means I would go see it.
Well, I mean I know Sister Location is coming out soon which means there will be over a million more FNAF things said to release within the next year after that, and knowing Scott that means released early a week after Sister Location, so I don't think I have a problem with there being no relevance anytime soon. Soon after I posted the topic I actually did a lot more thinking about it and I think it would really only need one set (and a simple-ish one at that) and I'm working out a general list of characters and that looks like the biggest the cast would be is 15 people, though it will probably be more like 10. I do agree that it will take a lot to get it going and actually work it out with the Fanime staff itself, and if I get enough support on this I am definitely going to have to majorly work out hype and everything. Who knows, I may have to make a hype channel on Youtube. I will for sure need more than myself to work everything else out so it can't just be a one man job, so I hope I can sort everything out in time.
Fanime 2020 Cosplay List
TBD

For my full list of cosplays see this link: https://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,21883.0.html

echoshadow

Well, I only speak for myself, but if you can have enough time for to fit in a panel go for it. It could be a nice panel type show. Fanime could always use more interesting panels.
That being said I never played the games I just heard of it and one YouTube game play of it.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List