Fanime 2017 Wishlists!

Started by thepharaohinleather, September 01, 2016, 03:05:54 PM

thepharaohinleather

Continuing this little idea from last year, post what you're looking for in the dealer's hall here! This way, staff can possibly get the type of vendors contracted that will sell those things. Remember, we gotta tell them what we're looking to buy! The staff aren't psychic~

I'm looking for merch from these fandoms/interests:

Yu-Gi-Oh! (mainly the original two series, as well as the new movie coming out)
Overwatch
Splatoon
Trigun
HunterXHunter
Steven Universe
Neko Atsume
Jinbei-san (I never see his merch at conventions but I think it would be super popular, he's such a cute whale)

I'm also interested in:

Lolita clothing/unique fashion
Corsets
Punk hats/accessories (Definitely hoping to see ArsenicxCyanide there again~)

Again, if there's something you'd like to see in the dealer's hall, post it here so the staff will know! I'm also excited to see what other people are looking for.
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

Tomas Cosplay

I rarely see things from Welcome to Night Vale, but then again not many people sell that.
With artists, I tend to look for original prints based on extremely nerdy and trashy fandoms, such as Homestuck, Undertale, Hetalia, etc.
As for vendors, I love when I find vendors that sell DVDs of animes and TV shows that are hard to near impossible to find.
Personally, those are my interests for artists and vendors.
Fanime 2020 Cosplay List
TBD

For my full list of cosplays see this link: https://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,21883.0.html

Taker90

I'm hoping Bandai Tamashii Nations returns because I want a Bruce Lee figure as well as the WWE wrestlers.

Other then that:
Digimon
Bleach
Card Captor Sakura
Steven Universe
darkstalkers

lots more

frumpy

If you're local or making a visit to the Bay Area, a few of our dealers are located right in our backyards. If you missed them during our con, their brick-and-mortars are always open year round.

Here's a few of our long time favorites:

theanimepalace.com (newer, popular trend items, plushies, pvc statues, figurines)
500 Laurelwood Rd
Ste 8
Santa Clara, CA 95054

candccentral.com (new and some old items, they also carry higher end such as Soul of Chogokin, Sideshow, Hot Toys, CCG: MTG, YuGiOh, Pokemon)
5424 Geary Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94121

kimonomyhousetoys.com (older vintage items)
1455 64th St
Emeryville, CA 94608

nikaku.com (older vintage items)
615 N 6th St
San Jose, CA 95112

toyslogic.com (newer, popular trend items, especially on pvc statues, figurines, & keychains)
1093 Shary Cir
Concord, CA 94518

If any of the owners are around, tell them I said "Hi"...  ;)
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

frumpy

Quote from: TrashdomCosplay on September 02, 2016, 03:02:59 PM
As for vendors, I love when I find vendors that sell DVDs of animes and TV shows that are hard to near impossible to find.

Check out http://www.animedepot.com/
Their inventory is pretty massive. Hit them up via email if you can't find a particular title.
Camilla Wong
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

thepharaohinleather

I would also love to see merch for Corpse Party if there is any and Rage of Bahamut
Attendee since 2009

.3mm

As much as I love popular animes, I wish there were some more merch from less popular ones...
EX: 91 Days, No. 6, and My Little Monster.
When I asked my friends what merch they wanted, they also said cosplay stuff or keychains (since they are all mostly cosplayers haha)

thepharaohinleather

I'm not sure if they do conventions, but I would love to see Tasty Peach Studios or Sugar Bunny Shop in the dealer's hall! As well as other brands like that selling cute DIFFERENT plush, lanyards, and t-shirts. As much as I love the usual plush, it's nice to see variety in the style and subjects.
Attendee since 2009

frumpy

Quote from: thepharaohinleather on September 14, 2017, 11:38:07 PM
I'm not sure if they do conventions, but I would love to see Tasty Peach Studios or Sugar Bunny Shop in the dealer's hall! As well as other brands like that selling cute DIFFERENT plush, lanyards, and t-shirts. As much as I love the usual plush, it's nice to see variety in the style and subjects.

Unfortunately, Tasty Peach hasn't returned to our Dealer's Hall since 2015. Have you checked out our Artist Alley? The custom types of merchandise created by independent artists are usually found in there rather than Dealer's...
Camilla Wong
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

DankLordPopo

This is for a friend, Can there be more options and variety for the anime character keychains next year
"I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say"

frumpy

Quote from: DankLordPopo on October 15, 2017, 08:35:08 PM
This is for a friend, Can there be more options and variety for the anime character keychains next year

Unfortunately, variety will always fluctuate. The consistent vendors who specialize in key chains and gacha type stuff are usually Toys Logic and Anime Jungle. Everyone else is a kinda hit/miss based on whether or not their current inventory is "trending" at the moment... (LOL, ie: SPINNERS). It's not guarateed...One year a vendor will focus heavily on keychains, the next year...not so much.
Camilla Wong
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

DankLordPopo

Quote from: frumpy on November 07, 2017, 04:55:02 AM
Quote from: DankLordPopo on October 15, 2017, 08:35:08 PM

Unfortunately, variety will always fluctuate. The consistent vendors who specialize in key chains and gacha type stuff are usually Toys Logic and Anime Jungle. Everyone else is a kinda hit/miss based on whether or not their current inventory is "trending" at the moment... (LOL, ie: SPINNERS). It's not guarateed...One year a vendor will focus heavily on keychains, the next year...not so much.

Alrighty, I hope then luck will be with it!
"I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say"