2017 Panel ideas

Started by StevenSavage, October 06, 2016, 08:30:07 PM

StevenSavage

I wanted to make a few panel suggestions.

A self-publishing nitty-gritty panel.  How people do the work of document setup, conversion, covers, and more.  Something that ties the whole thing together so people can see how they go from idea to finished product.  I self-publish and I'm sure I'm not a lone.

I and my co-author recently did a book on how Sailor Moon impacted women in North America (the results surprised us).  We'd definitely like to do a panel on that if people are interested in something more study-like.

A panel for 30 and older anime fans.  Hey, we're out there ;)

powerofunity

Quote from: DragonScholar on October 06, 2016, 08:30:07 PM
I and my co-author recently did a book on how Sailor Moon impacted women in North America (the results surprised us).  We'd definitely like to do a panel on that if people are interested in something more study-like.

You wouldn't happen to be referring to Her Eternal Moonlight, would you? I recently read an article about the book on Ganriki.org and would love to hear more about the topic. :)

StevenSavage

Quote from: powerofunity on October 09, 2016, 08:08:40 PM
Quote from: DragonScholar on October 06, 2016, 08:30:07 PM

You wouldn't happen to be referring to Her Eternal Moonlight, would you? I recently read an article about the book on Ganriki.org and would love to hear more about the topic. :)

Actually, yeah, that's the one!  We've got a lot to share, so I'd like to do a panel (also this is one time I know my co-author and I will be at the same con).

powerofunity

I would be totally down to attend a panel about that! :) There isn't enough Sailor Moon at Fanime imo... the Viz panel tries, but it's usually just announcements about new products and not as much speculation/discussion. I do appreciate Fanime inviting Cristina Vee last year, though -- she has a great presence.

StevenSavage

Well I plan to submit it when they open the forum submissions, so any support is appreciated!  Anything you'd like to see?

I'd be curious what other Sailor Moon panels you'd like to see?

powerofunity

I'm a pretty casual Sailor Moon fan, so I'm probably not the best person to ask, but I'd be down for any Sailor Moon panel that isn't just news. I think anything you mention in your book would be great. :)

StevenSavage

Thanks.  So how do you think we can best advocate for the panel?  Because we'd love to do it (in fact, my whole crew usually goes to Fanime).

StevenSavage

As an addition, an Indie Author group I'm part of is looking at doing touring panels, so I might convince them to do fanime (though only part of us are anime fans).  Could get a lot of self-publishing advice out of them.

StevenSavage

Quick check here, If there is a self-publishing panel what kind of people would folks want to hear from?  I can line up game and novel/book publishers mostly.

Sailor Mac

I'm the co-author of Her Eternal Moonlight, and I would very much like to be able to share our findings in a panel! I think a lot of the fans would very much be interested in the results, and it would give fans an opportunity to share their own stories as well.

Angelx624

I agree that there should be more Sailor Moon panels! ^^ You can never have too many. :)

Then again we need more panels revolving around older anime. <3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

StevenSavage

Thanks!  Be sure to back us when we propose this! 

maybe we could string together multiple older anime panels into a row.

panfa

That'll be cool if someone hosted another JJBA panel ; v;)/ i missed out last year and I would definitely go to one this year if someone does it!

StevenSavage

Thanks for your encouragement folks.  I've submitted for the Sailor Moon panel and will do so for the Self-Publishing one.