Fanime Cosplay Chess 2017 [[ ACCEPTED SAT 1PM 2 SPOTS LEFT ]]

Started by KW4216, October 30, 2016, 04:20:54 PM

KW4216

TIME AND LOCATION UPDATE:
Saturday, 1PM, in the Atherton Fairmont room

Hi there everyone! :)

Cosplay chess is an immersive, full scale chess game in which the pieces have come to life and are fighting for their team! It is an exciting new way to enjoy a classic, time honored game.

General Signups
Signups for 2017 cosplay chess are open now! To sign up, please email your information to [email protected]. Characters are granted on a first come first serve basis, so please let us know if you already have a set cosplay!

Chessmasters
Additionally, we have two chessmaster positions. Sign ups and auditions are currently closed, thank you to those that applied!

Details of the roles included:
No need to know anything about chess to participate, just be sure to keep an open mind and be ready to have fun!
Unfortunately, places on the chess board are not up for request. If applying, please include your name and the character you'll be cosplaying as. Our email is [email protected] and if there are any questions we'd be happy to answer them!

One final detail: There is a mandatory rehearsal on the Friday of Fanime at 9pm, so please build it into your schedule. If for any reason you cannot attend the meeting, please let a member of staff know so that we can discuss it.

We hope to see you there. Any other questions? Feel free to send us a message or an email!

-Cosplay Chess team

KW4216

Our Chessmasters are...

Moana and the 11th Doctor! Look forward to an amazing match up this year at Fanime Cosplay Chess!

KW4216

Chess pieces
1. Roronoa Zoro - One Piece
2. Prompto - Final Fantasy
3. Yuuri Katsuki - Yuuri!!! On Ice
4. Pokemon Trainer Moon - Pokemon
5. Noctis - Final Fantasy 15
6. Jade Harley - Homestuck
7. Kenny McCormick - South Park
8. Ritsu Tainaka - K-On
9. Junim Han - Mystic Messenger
10. Weiss - RWBY
11. Stanford Pines - Gravity Falls
12. Bill Cipher - Gravity Falls
13. Pen-Pen The Penguin - Evangelion
14. Junko Enoshima - Danganropa
15. Lei Ren - RWBY
16. Scorpion - Mortal Kombat
17. Mozu - Fire Emblem Fates
18. Mei - Overwatch
19. Mimikyu - Pokemon
20. Fem! Keith Kogane
21. Psyduck - Pokemon
22. Kaneki Ken - Tokyo Ghoul
23. Sogyo no Kotowari - Bleach
24. Johhny Fiveaces - The Zybourne Clock
25. Grunkle Stan - Gravity Falls
26. Xianghua - Soul Caliber
27. Hades - Hercules
28. Rachel Elizabeth Dare - Percy Jackson
29. Amethyst - Steven Universe
30. Zamasu - Dragon Ball Z
Cosplay Chess Sign Ups do not close!

Senpai

We are still looking for cosplayers to be on our board! Spaces are filling up quick and are given on a first come first serve basis, so don't miss out!
"But in recent years, we have caught glimpses of the outside world, and asked; Why not us? Have we not earned the privilege others take for free?"
--Toya, YYH

WolfyMask

Is this the list for Cosplay Chess 2017? The title still says 2016...

Senpai

Yes!! Apologies on our part, the title should say 2017. Join our Facebook group for more information. :D
"But in recent years, we have caught glimpses of the outside world, and asked; Why not us? Have we not earned the privilege others take for free?"
--Toya, YYH

Miu

For the time on Friday, it has to be at 9pm? How long will practice be until?
I'm not sure if I will stay out that late on Friday, for the reason given that I live in SJ so I won't be booking a hotel.
FRIDAY: KRUL TEPES
SATURDAY: ARABIAN ELI AYASE
SUNDAY: ARABIAN ELI AYASE ~ CASUAL ELI AYASE
MONDAY: CASUAL ELI AYASE ~ N/A

rnjrck5

Senpai

Quote from: Miu on March 26, 2017, 10:15:18 PM
For the time on Friday, it has to be at 9pm? How long will practice be until?
I'm not sure if I will stay out that late on Friday, for the reason given that I live in SJ so I won't be booking a hotel.

Hi! I'm sorry for the delay in response, but the rehearsal should take no more than one hour or so. I don't expect it to last longer than an hour and a half, and if it does you are more than welcome to talk to me about leaving the rehearsal early.
--Toya, YYH

KW4216

We have a few spots left!! Shoot us an email if you are interested in signing up!

Senpai

OUR TIME GOT CHANGED, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS.

We are still looking for cosplay volunteers!
--Toya, YYH

KW4216

Bump for support! We need four more characters, else we might have to cancel. TvT

Galactic.Divinity

You don't have me written down but I'm going as Jade Harley from Homestuck ^^
|| Stuck in time without a watch. ||

Fanime 2020 Lineup
Friday: ??
Saturday: ??
Sunday: ??
Monday: ??

KW4216

Whoops! We've corrected our list, it's fully updated now. :) Thanks for pointing it out!