electricity-lambs

FanimeCon 2018 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Policies for Gatherings at Fanimecon 2017  (Read 2798 times)

Imperial

• Defender of the Cosplayer
  • Cosplay Gatherings Head 2016-?
    • View Profile
Policies for Gatherings at Fanimecon 2017
« on: December 18, 2016, 11:58:24 AM »

Something I need to do in order for me to not get stressed out and trying to make everyone happy, is to set some policies. Last year was pretty lax cause I needed to learn what works and what didn't. Ill explain why I have each policy.

1. Each gathering requires a Gathering thread in this forum, PERIOD.

I know its really popular for everyone to post an event on Facebook and make it go from there. However, not everyone has a facebook, and I want a place that doesn't require an account to see all information in regards to gatherings at con. I give the option to have a facebook event, however, its entirely optional, and that leads to my next policy

2. In order to maintain priority in leading a gathering, you MUST post in the forum thread every 2 weeks.

"but I dont want to be on the forums every 2 weeks" "I dont have the time to do this", etc, is not excusable. This will be in place as soon as the Form for gatherings goes live (no promises, but the second weekend of january looks like it might be a go.) I want a surefire way to make sure that you are dedicated to hosting your gathering, and this is the only way I know that you are still alive and kicking.

Now, what is Priority? Priority is where you are assured that you are the head honcho of your gathering type. In Example, Say Person A has a gathering post and submitted a form. As long as Person A keeps posting in the thread every 2 weeks, and or has posted in a 2 week gap of time (IE: I am going on vacation, and will be AFK for a bit), they will still be in control. However, If person B wants to host the gathering, and you have not posted in 2 weeks of the last post, I will reach out to your email, and give you a one week warning. This means, you have one week to reach back to me or I will transfer Priority to person B. and person B is obligated to 2 week posting in thread as well.

This policy is to help with communications with your gathering goers and me. IF you KNOW you cannot post for an extended period of time, TELL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. If your stuck in the caribbian with no internet, I get it, just Tell me before you go, and if anything post on your thread that, so I dont panic.

3. The moment infighting over hosting a gathering happens, I am shutting it down. Period.

I had a pretty good fight going over who would host a gathering, and old host and new host were basically fighting and neither side wanted to give. So, due to that, I will make it clear as day on this policy, I don't want fighting, WORK TOGETHER AND SOLVE PROBLEMS TOGETHER. The moment it escalates is the moment I shut the party down.

Any questions and or additions to this policy list will be added to this post and answered in the thread where asked.

InsaneDavid

• SOFEL Fanboy
  • Inu-Posta
    • View Profile
Re: Policies for Gatherings at Fanimecon 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 02:00:26 PM »

This all sounds great.

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

bahamutknightzero

• Around 600 posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 12:42:09 AM »

Good to know this info now

Empress

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 11:46:43 AM »

Do you need to be a staff member in order to host a gathering?
♡♥ Fanime 2017 Lineup ♥♡
❥Friday: D.Va Bunny Version (Overwatch)
❥Saturday: Undecided (Undertale)
❥Sunday: D.Va (Overwatch)
❥Monday: Undecided
♡♥ IG: @Its.Empress ♥♡

AdriaticCosplay

• Maria-sama ga Post
  • Instagram: @rinv4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 12:03:45 PM »

No you don't, I'm just a regular attendee and have been running gatherings for a while~ You just need to make sure to follow all the requirements/directions in making your gathering official and keep track of and update everything as needed.

Imperial

• Defender of the Cosplayer
  • Cosplay Gatherings Head 2016-?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 10:01:06 PM »

No, Never needed to be a staff member to host a gathering. I will never make that a requirement, as that would make my staff list too long, and my hours spread too thin. I just set some rules down so you all can make my life with the bureaucracy a lot more, friendly.

draxLfly2

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 12:30:18 AM »

Hey so I just realized I was supposed to post my gathering in this thread and not the other cosplay gathering thread and was wondering how do I update my submission because I linked the submission to the thread that is not where I was supposed to post it in.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.