2017 Roommate Thread

Started by iAteTheRamen, January 18, 2017, 09:42:06 PM

iAteTheRamen

'Lo Fanime gang! If you want roommates OR need a room yourself, please feel free to post here!

What you need to know:
+ Please be respectful to your roommates along with everyone else on the same floor.
+ Please do not try to crowd beyond the maximum occupancy of the hotel since it is a fire hazard.
(If you have any other suggestion, please voice it out.)

Roommates Wanted: (only main leader can post it)
+ Introduction: Introduce yourself and your disposition/personality. Do you have Facebook or Tumblr? Feel free to post it up.
+ Hotel Information: where are you staying at and how long you're staying in.
+ Costs: how much for each person, how to pay, etc...
+ Requirements: what are you looking for, your set rules, etc...
+ Contact: How to get in touch. Please keep all your PMs and/or emails until the day they're check-in.
+ Miscellaneous: Anything else you like to add.

Need a room:
+ Introduction: (same as above)
+ Hotel Information: where and how long you're willing to stay
+ Requirements: any restrictions or requests you like to make.
+ Contact: (same as above)
+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)

Once transactions are done, please post in bold and underline words that it is fulfilled. As stated above, don't forget to keep all your PMs and emails of your exchanges.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

(adapted from 2016 thread)

Admonished

Looking for a Room

Howdy I'm Brian 28 yrs old, I consider myself to be both relaxed and aware. This will be my 2nd trip to Fanime after having a great time last year.

I plan on attending 3 - 4 days, with the Monday pending if the room is still booked. Looking primarily to get in with someone at the Hilton, but any hotel within walking distance will be adequate.

I'm a pretty clean guy, keep my things in my space, and am considerate of whatever sleep schedules my roomies are keeping. I have been on both sides of the roommate coin in terms of buying in and selling space. Largely positive experiences all around from staying with both ladies and/or gentlemen.
I have no particulars in terms of requirements outside of everyone respecting each other and their personal property.

You can message me here on the forums or at [email protected]

Price is not a huge concern, as I planned on getting a room myself, hotels just got eaten up before even my priority time today.

hyyde

Updated post - We got a room, and now we NEED ROOMMATES!

Hi there! We're a group of 3 anime artists from Los Angeles in our early 20s. This will be our first Fanime! We're not very loud or crazy, but we're friendly :> Since we're going to be at artist alley, we'll be pretty tired most of the time, but we'll still hang out and chill if you're down.

Hotel Information:

• SpringHill Suites San Jose Airport, 10 Skyport Drive
  • Not within walking distance
  • On shuttle schedule :D
  • Check-in 25th, check-out 29th
  • You'll most likely get a key card
(We also have a car,  so you can get a ride if it goes along with our schedule)

Requirements/Costs:
We're looking for 2 people who either know each other and don't mind sharing the bed OR 2 people who are willing to rotate bed and floor OR people who don't mind the floor all 4 nights (and can pay less).

Please be respectful of everyone's personal property, generally be mature, and no smoking/drugs/drinking/etc in the room so that we don't get kicked out. Prefer females, but we're flexible and LGBT-friendly.

It will be $110-140 a person for all 4 nights depending on whether we're adding 1 or 2 people. Please use Paypal or Venmo ahead of time and don't be a flake :>

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you're interested or have any questions at all!

We're taken!

iAteTheRamen

Roommate Wanted

Hey hey, I'm Maribelle! I'll be 22 in March, and this will be my 4th (5th?) time attending Fanime. This will also be my third experience with hotels, but my first time booking by myself. I managed a single queen bed, no rollaway, at the Pacific Motor Inn (formerly Ramada San Jose) from Friday to Monday.

I'm looking for a single roommate, two if someone doesn't mind sleeping on the floor. I'm also only offering the space for Friday and Saturday night, as I will have someone staying over on Sunday night. I'd like to be paid in cash, $35/night for one roomate, $23/night (per person) for two roommates. You also get a room card.

I prefer people with a personality that can range from "I'm capable of conducting business with adult strangers" to "I snapchat my best friend while I'm on the toilet." People who can't get weird now and then make me shy and anxious to act myself. I'm not great at starting conversations, but if you talk to me I'll keep it going. :3 I'm also a bit of a night owl. If you don't mind me staying up kind of late (1am - 2am) and keeping to myself, I won't mind the same of you. And of course, the general "please respect my stuff, don't be noisy during dead hours, etc."

You can message me on here, email me at [email protected], and/or specifically request any of my social media (FB, Twitter, Tumblr, Snapchat, IG). If you're interested, please hit me up so that I can get to know you better before the con!

Request fulfilled! Thanks B! x3

Alyxiane

When you feel like finding a room this way is more painless than having to book yourself. :-X

Room Needed

Intro:
22-year-old Alyssa here. My interests mostly lie into gaming/web/art, but I've been open to some anime/manga from time to time. This will be my 6th Fanime, and I'll be cosplaying most of the weekend.

Hotel info and req:

• Looking for a room from Friday - Monday (Thursday would be nice too, but Friday is fine). Hyatt/Westin/Fairmont/Ramada preferred but Hilton/Marriott and the farther hotels with the shuttles are OK.
  • Budget can go up to $250 if needed. The lower the better, of course! I can also help chip in for food and drink if that's arranged.
  • Bed or floor doesn't matter. I can bring a sleeping bag and a folding mattress when needed.
  • Female roommates preferred. I'm open for co-ed, however.
  • Would definitely like a card key, if possible.
Contact: Either PM me here or send an email to [email protected].

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Found a room! Thanks so much! <3
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Ridaigo

Need a room:
+ Introduction: My name is Rigo. I am a 24 year old hispanic male and an avid anime fan. This is my fourth Fanime and I want to meet new people and possibly make new friends.
+ Hotel Information: I am looking to check in the 25th and check out the 29th. So basically the whole convention if possible. Money budget for me is about 100-150 unless there are more roomates i am open to negotiate division of pay shares. I can also do the 26th-29th if that is better? I am also looking for a hotel that is near or supported by the vonvention shuttle schedule.
+ Requirements: I really have no issues. The one real thing I ask is that maybe the person I stay with is at least 21 or over in case drinks are brought and if they are ok with me being out late lol. It's fanime and we all know it's a late night blast!
+ Contact: [email protected] is my personal email. If you need my social media then hit me up and let me know.

Haz Cinnamon

Introduction:

Hi, my name is Jessica. I'm mellow and quiet, so you won't have to worry about me making much noise at night.

Hotel and roommates:

I am currently looking for a hotel near the convention (Westin preferred, but I'm ok with Hilton or Marriot or any other place close by). Most likely, I'll check in on May 25th in the evening, and leave on the 29th. Also am looking for two other people to share a room with. I have no issues with sharing with males or females; I have done both in the past. 

Costs

Costs of sharing the room may run from $100-$150, but depending on how many roommates I can find, I am hoping to keep it equal between us.

Requirements

I prefer mature, respectful roommates who won't keep the light on all night. No partying in the room, no smoking or drinking; that's what we have downtown San Jose and the nearby bars for. Be considerate of the other people in the room, as well as their personal belongings and space.

Contact

To contact me, either pm me or email me at [email protected].

Found room/mates! See you at FanimeCon 2017!

Azubah

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hello everyone! My Name is Steve and I've been going to Fanime since 05. I'm pretty easy going, and if it makes me more trust worthy I'd like to note that I'm a RN! Either way, looking for a spot in someone's room. Please hit me up at my email: [email protected]  or FB: https://www.facebook.com/MaciasSteven
+ Hotel Information: I would love to stay with a group that is in either the fairmount, hilton, or marriot of possible! But beggars cant be choosers.
+ Requirements: Honestly, I'd wouldnt mind sleeping on the ground of need be, but a bed would be nice. Money isnt a issue. Just no weird people...lets be honest?

EDIT: Found a room! Thanks so much! <3

throwdismeow

Introduction:

Hi, my name is Dave. I'm a "retired" vet and I'm very well organized and MAY have my service dog with me, along with all my cosplays. I've attended fanime for quite some time and I will be flying in, so the first night i'll probably just unwind and get to know everyone. I am tatted up, and it seems to scare people from time to time, but im just a mellow guy.

Hotel and roommates:

I am currently WAIT LISTED around 3 hotels near the con (Hilton San Jose, Pacific Motor Inn (formerly Ramada San Jose), San Jose Marriott), but once I secure it, I will need a(n) roommate(s). I spoke with a rep of each hotel and will get a room, just have to wait near april for people to cancel and such. Happens every year, so I'm guaranteed a room. Check in / Arrival Date: 05/26/2017. Departure Date: 05/29/2017.

Cost

Cost of sharing the room will depending on how many people will be in the room with capacity respected obviously. Will be split down the middle with proof of receipt. Depending on the hotel, it can cost between $97.00 ~ $140 A NIGHT + taxes (b00). So, split that either 2~3 ways. I have paypal as well, but pp fees will be on you.

Requirements

Don't be childish. Don't feed my dog anything (if I decide to bring her with me). Do not bring any sorts of drugs period. Outside of the hotel is all on you, but if you disrespect me, my dog, and/or the other room mate, you will go out faster than a bounced check. Clean after/ pick up after yourself. You're a grown person. If you smoke, please go to the designated area. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE USE DEODORANT. DO NOT TOUCH anyones belongings unless you get permission period.  If you're underage and you want to drink, don't do it in my room period.

Contact

To contact me, either pm me or email me at [email protected] for more info and for a soft introduction.

Sorry for those who contacted me. Will not be attending Fanime

Konekogami

Need a room for Thursday only!
+ Introduction: Introductions huh? Well my name is Michele, I'm 33 years old. and I've been flying out to Fanime from Colorado for about 6 years now?  I tend to be quiet (shy) I don't smoke, I like cute stuff and I talk about my cat a lot.

+ Hotel Information: I only need a room for Thursday night.  The Fairmont would be preferred since my room is there as well! Saves me on having to lug my luggage too far.

+ Requirements: Nothing much, I would prefer a room that isn't too crowded.  Bed space would be nice, but I should be fine if you throw me a pillow and blanket.  Female only room is also preferred

+ Contact:  You can reach me through the PM system on this forum, or email me at [email protected]

EJAY420

I need a room.
If anyone still has a room they no longer want, i will take.
Im 38. Been attending Fanime since 97.
[email protected]
Thanks.
Most Impressive.

lordleo

ROOM NEEDED

Hi, my name is Leora and I'm 20. I'm originally from California but I live in Denver now. Fanime used to be my home con and I've been going for a few years.

Any hotel within walking distance/ shuttle is ok. I would like to be there the whole weekend. I'll be clean and considerate of anyone staying in the same room. It's important to me that people's personal belongings are respected. I'd like to have a key card if possible. Don't mind the genders/anyone in the room.
You can pm me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!
fanime cosplays:
tiki, fire emblem awakening
super sailor chibi moon
-----

Phemeto

Room needed - Thursday through monday or anywhere in between.

- Hey guys, my name is Christian (People just call me CT), 25 years old (white male - hey it matters to some people). I've gone to fanime every year for 5 years now, and i usually wait last-minute to get a room, figured I'd get a jump start on it this year. I keep to myself for the most part, not a very social creature, so I shouldn't be too much of a disturbance. I don't smoke, I do drink but not heavily, and just wine. Not going to be that raging alcoholic guest. I'm a huge Monster Hunter fan, so if anyone has their DS' we'll get along just fine.

- Im looking for a hotel like the Hilton, Mariott, Westin, or Fairmont. Something right at the con, I have a suit of armor (im the portal turret guy) that's quite cumbersome, so walking far is not going to work out.

- No significant requirements, I'll sleep on the floor if i have to, wouldn't be the first time.

- You can contact me via Email: [email protected], Skype: Phemeto, or Facebook: Christian Kapis, or Discord @Phemeto#9310

Feel free to ask me any questions or concerns, I'm glued to my phone for work.
This guy needs a room v

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

*edit* still looking

GGGothboy

Hello. My name is Ken, I'm 35 years old black male light skinned who is a gamer at heart, and an anime fan. it has been a long 3 years since I have not been to fanime, or share a room with someone. Well anyways, I'm looking to share a hotel room in hilton or any hotel that is close to Fanime or walking distance. I'm also looking to making new friends as well if possible. I'm willing to pay $100-$150 to share the bill. I don't mind sleeping on the floor using an air matress. I'm going to fanime by myself, and I have no one to hang out with or play video games or cosplay with. If anyone is looking to let me share a room with them, let me know please. I'm also looking for someone who is trustworthy. I don't want anyone to steal from my stuff without permission. Well that's all for now. Please contact me on private message if you can. Or you can contact me on facebook or through Skypt. Just tell me who you are, and why you are pming me. Thanks for reading.

Skypt name: Bridgetbhoj
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bridget.light.3

lordleo

I found a room at the fairfield inn and suites with two queen beds. If I jumped on it and took the reservation would anyone want to room with me and split the costs? It's about three miles from the con and there's a shuttle that goes directly to fanime. I would get the room from thursday to monday.

update: I do have the room. it's two queen beds. looking for roommates who will be clean and respectful, not creepy, will pay on time, not super messy, won't bring the party in the room, please wear deodorant and shower, don't steal other people's crap. gender is irrelevant.

pm me or email me @ [email protected]

I am still in need of a room
fanime cosplays:
tiki, fire emblem awakening
super sailor chibi moon
-----

Zankantou00

Hello there, my name is Alex, huge Transformers, One Piece, and general anime fan with emphasis on mechs, so if you know Super Robot Wars we're automatically family at that point. A cool, chill, flexible, and open minded person with an occasionally goofy sense of humor. Facebook isn't really too exciting since I'm a busy person, but if interested https://www.facebook.com/DoskoiPanda

Plan on coming up Friday the 26th evening after I get off work and stay till Monday the 29th.  Money isn't an option if anything within walking distance is still available, or shuttle service is ok as well if not walking distance.  And am still willing to pay for the whole weekend stay even though coming up on Friday to help reduce cost for everyone

It will be my wife and me so a spot for 2 as well as preferably a bed spot for my wife since she's pregnant, thus the hopeful walking distance so she doesn't have to walk too far.  Also I don't mind a floor spot if someone has bed priority already, but for sure would need a bed for my wife.  Also doing a foam megaman/robot cosplay so a small amount, but not too much, space/area for storage would be helpful as well as a heads up

Contact you can reach me via email or FB Messenger is best way, then we can exchange numbers and go from there, my email is [email protected] and again FB is https://www.facebook.com/DoskoiPanda

Also I have references from previous roommates if anyone needs to verify that we for sure are sane, considerate, reliable, and of course one of the most important con-funk free

CherryStrange

Hello, I'm looking for a room Thursday through Monday within walking distance to the convention. I'm 31, respectful, not messy or noisy. This will be my 2nd fanime. If anyone has a spot for me please email me at [email protected] :)

Tran225

I am looking for a room near the convention. Max 8 mins walk to convention center if possible. I am 25 years old male. I have been to Fanime 4 times but haven't gone in about 3 or 4 years now. If there is a room please email me at [email protected]

SchutzEngel

Still in Need of Roommates:

Hello possible roommates and new friends, my legal name is Tiffany Foster and its nice to meet you. My preferred name is Clyde
and I am a 26 year old non-binary. My mate is Reed, he is a trans male and the other friend Kalila is female. Me and Reed,
are long time cosplayers from Arizona. We are pretty chill and fun to be around, but we can be a bit shy and introverted at first.
We don't drink, smoke, party, or do drugs. However, Reed does vape without the nicotine for medical reasons but he will not be vaping in the room out of respect and fire hazards. Me, Reed, and Kalila are traveling from Arizona to attend Fanime. This is Reed and Kalila's first Fanime. We are looking for two more roommates to share the hotel room with us.

Hotel, dates, and pricing:
Fairfield Inn and Suites.
05/25-05/30
Check in on Thursday, 05/25
Check out on Tuesday, 05/30
Price for 5: 148
Price for 4: 172
These spots are bed spots, not floor spots.
Looking for roommates that know each other or are comfortable sharing a bed spot.
I will taking the money for the room though paypal, would need the money by May 13. Exceptions can be made if needed.
Shuttle is the only way to and from the con.
If there is enough key cards you will receive one.
We bring food to be shared with all in the room. We are also having a cosplay pizza party on Sunday, paid by us.
We are renting a car so we can pick you up at the airport if needed.
I am also on the waitlist for three hotels near the convention center, if we get one of those hotels I'll contact you
with new info and prices.

Requirements:
Only adults over 21, no minors.
We prefer females in the room but can make an exception with certain rules.
There will be no drinking, partying, doing drugs, or bringing any strangers to the room.
Do not touch anyones stuff without permission of owner or move any of their stuff.
Do not touch any cosplay, wigs, or cosplay props that may be out, hanging up in the closet or dressers.
Keep your area clean, clean up any messes you make both in the room and in the bathroom, keep all your belongings in your area.
Keep noises to dull roar. When returning to room late be respectful of sleeping roommates.
Be respectful to all roommates.
All three in the room will be cosplaying friday through monday. Because of this we will be up early due to complicated cosplays.
No ordering room service or any of the direct tv services, there is free wifi and free breakfast however.

The best way to contact me is through private messaging on fanime forums.
My email: [email protected]
If you have any questions please contact me.
Fanime 2017 line-up:
Thur: Kigu Casual
Fri: Sapphire (SU)
Sat: Lunafreya (FFXV)
Sun: Okami Hanzo (OW)
Mon: Leslie (TEW)

Misamatsu

Looking for a Room

Hi my name is Misa,
Me and my 2 other friends r looking for a room for Fanime for the whole con weeks
Looking for a room that walking distance but if not it is fine
we would prefer girls only room but honestly take what we can right now since I don't want to pay over 180+ for a room
plz contact me at    [email protected]

we promise we be respectful