Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2017

Started by apples4ryuk, January 20, 2017, 07:13:02 PM

apples4ryuk

Hello all! I posted on the unofficial Fanime FB to see if there'd be a big enough crowd of JJBA cosplayers this year, so far no responses, but I figured I'd make a thread anyway!

Disclaimer: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Name of gathering: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Fanime 2017 Gathering

This gathering includes: All 8 parts of JJBA, ASB/EOH/other JJBA video games, Stand gijinkas, basically EVERYTHING Jojo

Cosplayers:
~apples4ryuk: Gyro
~Sarah: Yukako + 2 others as Josuke & Koichi
~Christian: The Hand
~Sky: Echoes
~Fawn + friend: Joseph & Caesar, OR Speedwagon
~Sean: Kira Yoshikage
~ThatBlueDinosaurGuy: Oldseph
~2D Mirage: Oldseph
~Kyley: Lisa Lisa
~Keyblademaster333: Kira as Kosaku
~myassisblack: GLITTERFIED Jotaro
~Spitewick: Ultimate Kars
~Nina Star 9: Lisa Lisa
~HybertB: Narancia

Photo Order:
1. Phantom Blood
2. Battle Tendency
3. Stardust Crusaders
4. Diamond is Unbreakable
5. Vento Aureo
6. Stone Ocean
7. Steel Ball Run
8. Jojolion
9. Hamon Users
10. Stands
11. All the Jojos (of the Joestar bloodline, all the Jojo protags of each part; Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro, etc.)
12. All the villains!
13. EVERYONE!!
-->I'm not sure if there's any other kind of photoshoots or mixing of charas people want to see, so if you have a suggestion please DM or @ me on twitter under the same handle! I am most easily reachable there. (https://twitter.com/apples4ryuk)

Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1839882886258397/

!!! UPDATE !!! Day/Time Slot
Sunday 5/28 @ 2pm

!!! UPDATE !!! Location
G6
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-
Owner of many, many Jojo tattoos (and counting) ☆

apples4ryuk

More cosplayers have been added! Check the JJBA Fanime 2017 Gathering Facebook event for more info concerning cosplayers.
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

I will have Old Joseph (Stardust Crusaders) for this.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

apples4ryuk

SWEET!! :D!! never enough oldseph! added you to the list.  ;D
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

More updates: 17 confirmed to attend the gathering as can be seen on the FB event page! Many more interested, so we just gotta keep this thread alive and hope for our time slots to not be filled. :) bumpity bump!
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

Kinema

My husband 2D Mirage will be doing Oldseph, and I'm still deciding on either Lisa Lisa or Dio Brando.

keyblademaster333

I'm going to be working on a Yoshikage Kira as Kosaku (Bites The Dust) Cosplay so I'll for sure go once I get it done!

apples4ryuk

not many new updates to add, although pls check out the facebook event listed if possible!

i'm thinking i might go as gyro to the gathering though, i love him so much!
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

totally changed my mind because I just finished reading SBR :'( i'm going as Gyro to the gathering! hoorah! pls let there be johnnys for me to carry♥
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

myassisblack

oh man, I sure hope the gathering is finalized for Sunday, as there is stuff alrdy going on fo me Saturday. If it does get finalized for Sunday, i'ma bring PT3 Glitterfied Jotaro to this (yes you've read that right; my Jotato attire is heavily covered in glitter, as it's appropriate cuz all Joestars are fab AF!)

apples4ryuk

GLITTERFIED!? AWESOME!! Honestly I would like to have it on Saturday since it's usually the day with the most going on but I guess then yeah, Sunday would be good. I can have another poll on the Facebook event group if you'd like!
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

myassisblack

ehhhh, you could do that if you want & keeping pushing for Saturday. Not a big deal to me to have it either day; i was just expressing very mild interest in another gathering going on at the desired same time as this one.

Spitewick

Heyooo!! I'm so glad to see that there will be a JJBA gathering! I'll be going as Ultimate Kars (technically fem!Kars cuz I gotta cover my boobs lmao). If possible, and I hope this isn't imposing too much, might we be able to move the date to Sunday? I'd like to go to the LoL gathering on Saturday since I have a Kindred cosplay as well.
Thank youuuu!

apples4ryuk

Hey guys!! I put Sunday afternoon 2pm as our second choice because not many people responded here or on the Facebook group, but if they contact me and offer a choice I'll go ahead and pick Sunday, no biggie :D

But also NEWS - just submitted the gathering form! *poses*

Can't have a con without a Jojo gathering y'KNOW WHAT I MEAN! :D
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

Alrighty, guys! So the coordinator of gatherings contacted me and we'll be holding it in the same location as last year, G9. Still shooting for Sunday ~2pm. :)
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

I'm going to start sewing my shirt and cape for Gyro soon!! :|!!!! I'm a total noob but my roommate is helping me! Can't wait to share some progress pics. I also finally got my wigs for Gyro so I can stop costesting in the ugly yellow one I have :'D
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

mundaneantoinette

I really hope this gathering can take place on Saturday. If I can make it, I'll be going as Reimi Sugimoto!

Nina Star 9

So I got into all this craziness literally less than a week ago, and I'm already planning my first cosplay from it.

As long as this doesn't conflict with anything else (panels I'm giving, changing out of my rather difficult costume for the Final Fantasy gathering on Saturday morning), I should be there as Lisa Lisa. Probably doing her red zoot suit when she's in the gondolier disguise.

Saturday afternoon would be easier for me than Sunday, but I can probably work around it either way.

Kinema

I'm for sure doing Lisa Lisa instead of Dio. Just thought I'd update. :)

HybertB