Prop question (Not answered on the website)

Started by JossAlias, January 22, 2017, 09:47:37 PM

JossAlias

Hello! I'm planning on cosplaying a casual "punk" princess Leia this year at Fanime and was hoping to bring a blaster with me. I've read the Prop rules and limitations and saw that "Firearm style props must have a non-removable orange tip at the end of the barrel which is visible from the side and which extends at least one inch up the barrel, or they must be painted all over in a bright safety color." and was wondering the color of one inch portion of the barrel had to be orange. Could it be a bright pink instead? If that's a no, then what exactly constitutes as a safety color? Sorry if these questions have obvious answers it's my first time bringing this kind of prop to fanime and I wasn't sure who to contact for this. (Also sorry if this isn't where this question goes!!!)

Admiral Donuts

In my experience they don't deviate much from the exact wording, so if it says "orange", pink won't be acceptable.

This is a snippet from the California senate bill about BB and airsoft guns referencing federal regulations, so it should serve as a good guideline:

Quote...white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern, as provided by federal regulations governing imitation firearms, or where the entire device is constructed of transparent or translucent materials which permits unmistakable observation of the device's complete contents, as provided by federal regulations governing imitation firearms.

So if the entire gun was painted bright pink, or with a bright purple and bright blue pattern, it'd be acceptable.

JossAlias