SWAP MEET 2017 OFFICIAL INFORMATION THREAD

Started by Zelyhon, February 02, 2017, 11:24:08 PM

Oniko

I signed up for both night at Swap meet.
First night is no problem, but on friday I have to run my artist booth.  Artist Alley closes at 8pm (stays open till 9pm for artists to clean up) and Swap meet begins at 8pm.
How late could I get there for check in on Friday?
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Zelyhon

Quote from: Ivycat on May 11, 2017, 03:53:32 PM
I have a few questions: Can I wrap my M rated manga in plastic wrap? I probably won't bring it, just curious.
And does anyone know if Pokémon cards sell? I have all mine that I brought back in 1999(I think.) And how much do you sell them for?

In regards to the manga, Probably not, but I'd need to see it before I could give a definite answer.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 11, 2017, 08:05:11 PM
Is the Thursday swap meet a badged event? A friend wants to help me watching my spot but isn't going to the con this year. Just wanted to make sure
For attendees, no. 

For anyone selling or manning a booth, yes.  That means your unbadged friend would not be able to watch your space for you or sell.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: Volfogg on May 16, 2017, 01:38:24 PM
Hi Ben,

in the swap meet application , if it says " in process" underneath the Thursday/Friday space does that mean we pretty much did not get waitlisted barring mishaps with paperwork and form errors?
Yes, that means you should be good to go if you've finished up through payment.  "In Process" simply means "not waitlisted or spaces unavailable."
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: AkaiSenkou on May 17, 2017, 12:20:27 AM
Hey Ben,
So regarding the waitlist for swap meet, just recieved the email about making a new registration but the problem is that the registration wont let us make a new account as the email already corresponds to a primary account. How do we get around this?
I think I replied to this directly in an e-mail, but if not, e-mail me and we'll try to figure this out.

[email protected]
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: Oniko on May 17, 2017, 08:07:53 PM
I signed up for both night at Swap meet.
First night is no problem, but on friday I have to run my artist booth.  Artist Alley closes at 8pm (stays open till 9pm for artists to clean up) and Swap meet begins at 8pm.
How late could I get there for check in on Friday?
That should be fine.  I'll make a note next to your account that you might be late to check in.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

gerryharp

Is there any limit to how much stuff we can bring in? Can we make multiple trips from outside into the hall? I have more stuff than I can carry in one go.

JC52236

Hey all,

A bit of shameless self-promotion, but I posted a catalog of a lot of the stuff I will be bringing to swap meet. You can find it here:

https://swapmeet2017.wordpress.com/

I'm mostly selling wall scrolls and doujin items. Take a look if you're interested and please tell any friends who are attending Fanime and who might be interested!

Thanks as always to all the swap meet staff for making this event possible every year.
The swap meet booth the dealers don't want you to know about: https://swapmeet2017.wordpress.com/

Wall scrolls, doujin stuff, and lots of other cool stuff. All Japanese imports (and a lot of stuff from Comic Market!)

EJAY420

Can anyone please tell me if Thursday night swap meet is badge free?

Most Impressive.

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: EJAY420 on May 22, 2017, 09:52:12 PM
Can anyone please tell me if Thursday night swap meet is badge free?
No badge needed to shop on Thursday, only to sell

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

Zelyhon

Quote from: gerryharp on May 20, 2017, 08:18:04 PM
Is there any limit to how much stuff we can bring in? Can we make multiple trips from outside into the hall? I have more stuff than I can carry in one go.
You will need all of your items with you when you check in.  Part of the check-in process is to go through all your things to make sure they comply with Swap Meet rules.  However, if it's just multiple trips to and from the door, then pushing all of it to your spot, that's fine.  However, there is no running back to your car to get more things one you've been checked in and seated.

Benjamin Levy
Swap Meet Head
FanimeCon 2017
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

JC52236

I think I remember the answer to this being no for last year, but just to double check - raffles are not allowed right?
The swap meet booth the dealers don't want you to know about: https://swapmeet2017.wordpress.com/

Wall scrolls, doujin stuff, and lots of other cool stuff. All Japanese imports (and a lot of stuff from Comic Market!)