?Hotel Waitlist?

Started by capeswirlinggirl, March 14, 2017, 06:10:20 PM

capeswirlinggirl

In the past there has always been an official Fanime hotel wait-list for those that did not get the hotel of their choice (or possibly didn't even get a room) to sign up on in case of cancellations. I have not been able to find info about a hotel wait-list either on the site or the forums for 2017. Did I miss something or is there no hotel wait-list this year?

Konekogami

Quote from: capeswirlinggirl on March 14, 2017, 06:10:20 PM
In the past there has always been an official Fanime hotel wait-list for those that did not get the hotel of their choice (or possibly didn't even get a room) to sign up on in case of cancellations. I have not been able to find info about a hotel wait-list either on the site or the forums for 2017. Did I miss something or is there no hotel wait-list this year?

https://www4.cmrhousing.com/fanime2017/Housing/ResHotel
Waitlist buttons are on the right

capeswirlinggirl

CosplayDevotee

Does anyone know if the waitlist is even moving? I got on there by day 3, I can't imagine why it would take this long to just get within a block of Fanime. Did people buy up multiple rooms and scalp them

crystalsoul

Quote from: CosplayDevotee on April 30, 2017, 08:42:14 AM
Does anyone know if the waitlist is even moving? I got on there by day 3, I can't imagine why it would take this long to just get within a block of Fanime. Did people buy up multiple rooms and scalp them
There are just that many people that attend nowdays that hotels are near impossible to get :/

Weiss Schwarz

Can confirm, was on the waitlist day two or three and haven't gotten any word back about getting moved. :/

wings_of_an_angel

i checked twitter by searching "fanime waitlist"  and from what i can tell SOME people have gotten off the waitlist as early as march and as late as this past week.

-sigh- hotel booking WAS and is STILL poorly handled >.>

The Sea-Faring Otaku

Hopefully, there will be more word on it next week after the weekend is over. The deadline just passed, so there should be some processing time.
On and Off Attendee since 2005!

R.I.P. Fanime 2020 😭

See y'all in 2021!

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: crystalsoul on April 30, 2017, 11:04:11 AM
Quote from: CosplayDevotee on April 30, 2017, 08:42:14 AM
There are just that many people that attend nowdays that hotels are near impossible to get :/
I just can't imagine that. Because Fanime staff flubbed on letting ppl know on Twitter by two whole days (they only announced registration on facebook) my friends and I were pushed to very early AM on day 3 of hotel registration. Just last year I had a friend on the waitlist and she got bumped into a room by April 10th and this year the registration was by that same method.

I get that the con is getting more popular, but I've branched out a bit and cons with almost double the patrons don't have this big of an issue with their hotel systems.

*heavy sigh* I just hope for a miracle at this point.

Sora

I just got off the waitlist yesterday, and some rooms were dropped and are available now.
"Don't give me any orders."

Weiss Schwarz

I just checked my email and sure enough, I'm off the Wait List as well thankfully.

crystalsoul

Can confirm, i checked my email and got my waitlist request. Marriot was my first but i got the Hilton so im happy :)

wings_of_an_angel

didnt get an email but decided to check my reservation i got teh AC hotel. it was literally my last choice on the waiting list.
oh well cant complain

CosplayDevotee

A lot of the hotel rooms got released. We finally jumped to a room within walking distance. There's still hope for those of you still waiting! I can't believe it's moving still in may!

Chidrack

I'm actually still waiting on my rooms. I'm guessing the later you waitlist, the less priority you get for your rooms? Hilton, Marriot, and Westin were my choices

Kyra_Maverick

I believe they try to make waitlist is first come first serve. I hope something comes through for you.

Quote from: Chidrack on May 10, 2017, 08:18:09 PM
I'm actually still waiting on my rooms. I'm guessing the later you waitlist, the less priority you get for your rooms? Hilton, Marriot, and Westin were my choices