Grassy Areas/Construction

Started by thepharaohinleather, March 23, 2017, 01:57:16 PM

thepharaohinleather

Hi all! Last year I took a gander around the fanime convention area to see what construction and such might inhibit usual activities. Luckily, much construction in that area has been completed or hasn't started yet. However again the grassy areas in the park are currently fenced off to be reseeded from the Super Bowl event. Last year the fences were removed in time for fanime, and hopefully should also be removed in time this year. Though I thought I would let people know just in case!

As far as construction, the building next to the fairmont is now finished. The closest construction project is only currently a proposal for new apartments to be built where Park Hall is currently. Thus because of this, possibly, the Black and White Ball has been moved to the Marriott Ballroom. I know this has been mentioned on other threads, but I thought I would post here as well just to be sure everyone knows! I'm not sure if the construction is the reason for this change if it hasn't started yet, but it seems likely. I'll keep checking the area for construction updates though it seems all proposals and current projects are out of the way of cosplay gathering areas and routes to the convention center from hotels.

If you're curious about current construction projects in the area, here's a handy map provided by the city that is current as of one week of me posting this: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1SF6B7WJFutm2YlItoXwCe-CAu5E&hl=en_US&ll=37.33131087974283%2C-121.88834308462526&z=17

There is currently some construction on apartment buildings next to South Hall, though this shouldn't pose much of an issue. If anything else comes up that might pose an issue, I'll update this thread! Hope this offers some useful information for some non-locals~
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again