CONFIRMED - Touken Ranbu Gathering 2017

Started by scarfsent, March 26, 2017, 06:12:59 PM

scarfsent

This is the OFFICIAL thread for the 2017 Fanime Touken Ranbu Gathering!

The cosplay part of the gathering is for all cosplayers dressed as Touken Ranbu swords and in-game/anime characters.
Feel free to come not in cosplay/bring friends though!
I am co-hosting this gathering with user InfinitiaSoul and they will also be posting/making announcements with me.

Legal Statement - Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Day: Fanime Day 3, Sunday 5/28
Time: 1 pm
Meeting Place/Location: G3 (wood stairs to the right of main entrance)
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/176830159496182/

Photo Order:
Large group photo:
     Everyone!
Smaller group photos (will add to if needed):
     Starter Swords
     Tantou, Wakizashi, Uchigatana,
     Tachi, Ootachi, Yari, Naginata
     Shinsengumi
     Dategumi
     Awataguchi
     Rai
     Kunihiro
     Samonji
     Sanjou
     Muramasa
     Kobizen
     Saniwas, etc.
Ships:
     Will take requests there, any ships are great!
Final photo:
     Everyone again.

Cosplayers:
InfinitiaSoul - Horikawa
scarfsent - Shokudaikiri

Updates:
April 7, 2017: Keeping thread active as per Fanime gathering rules.
April 22, 2017: We've been confirmed! Official now!
May 8, 2017: Keeping thread active. Are you guys ready for Fanime in less than a month!?
May 21, 2017: Active as per rules.

MaigoLily

Aw, the one day I'm not wearing a Toudan. I'll be in Fudou and Taroutachi on Friday and Saturday though.

scarfsent

Aw, that sucks. We submitted the form for this gathering asking for a Sunday time since a lot more big gatherings are held Saturday, and the Touken Ranbu gatherings have been small at Fanime in the last few years, so it's difficult to compete with bigger gatherings at the same time. It's also the only day the hosts are free, lol.

Hope to see you there still? I'd love to meet more people who like Tourabu!

scarfsent

(Accidentally posted, cannot delete)

Lowell P

The gathering is still on board for Sunday afternoon and in an indoor location! Don't forget we have a link posted to our FB event. Please check it out and ask us if you have any questions!

scarfsent

We've been confirmed! The gathering will be held Sunday, May 28th at 1 pm. The location is G3, the wooden stairs to the right of the main entrance. Hopefully we'll see you there!