Question about Props

Started by saltedcaramel, April 02, 2017, 07:41:27 PM

saltedcaramel

Hello!

I'll be cosplaying Cooking Mama at Fanime and have a frying pan that I'll be carrying around. I read the weapons/props policy already, but am still unsure if it would make the cut... It's made out of hard enamel porcelain and aluminum. I also got the 9.25" size. I bought it on Amazon here: https://smile.amazon.com/Rachael-Ray-Porcelain-Nonstick-9-25-Inch/dp/B00JYHN688/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491187144&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+frying+pan

I know I would have to get it peace bonded, but the rule about props not being able to be turned into weapons (ie. bats) is the part that I'm unsure about lol.

Thank you!

thecrazycyborggirl

I know this isn't helpful (because it's unrelated and I'm also not too familiar with weapons check policy), but I am really excited about your Cooking Mama cosplay and I can't wait to see it!! Hope to see you around this year!
~ Fanime 2022 ~

Admiral Donuts

There's usually a thread about props and peacebonding in the Cosplay subforum but I don't see one for this year. I did a search on the forums and the only mention of frying pan I could find was from 2012. My friend has done a cosplay with a mini frying-pan as a prop for a few years.

Your best bet might be to e-mail the head of the rovers, since they're the final word. rovers at fanime dot com.

saltedcaramel

Quote from: thecrazycyborggirl on April 02, 2017, 08:27:24 PM
I know this isn't helpful (because it's unrelated and I'm also not too familiar with weapons check policy), but I am really excited about your Cooking Mama cosplay and I can't wait to see it!! Hope to see you around this year!

:D Ahhh thanks!! If you see me, come say hi! Do you know what you're planning this year? I'll definitely keep an eye out for you!

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on April 02, 2017, 10:09:40 PM
There's usually a thread about props and peacebonding in the Cosplay subforum but I don't see one for this year. I did a search on the forums and the only mention of frying pan I could find was from 2012. My friend has done a cosplay with a mini frying-pan as a prop for a few years.

Your best bet might be to e-mail the head of the rovers, since they're the final word. rovers at fanime dot com.

Thanks so much, I'll send them an e-mail right now!

thepharaohinleather

I'm not a rover or any kind of staff, but from my experience at Fanime the past 7 years, they mostly seem concerned with props that have sharp edges or can fire projectiles. AKA weapons that are designed to hurt people. As far as a frying pan goes, I want to say you'll be fine as long as it's peace bonded. Honestly even a foam sword can hurt someone if you hit them hard enough with it, so as long as you don't go around whacking people you should be good~ But definitely as the above reply said, email the rovers just in case. I am concerned about the lack of a props and weapons rules thread being posted so far this year as there are always newcomers who need to know what Fanime's policy's are. If they post one however, check that out too as it will be the guideline the peacebonder's use before peacebonding your weapon. I am also excited to see your cosplay! Hope everything works out~
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

thepharaohinleather

http://www.fanime.com/rules/weapons-policy/

Here is a link to the policy provided on the fanime website. I'm not sure if this is the updated version for this year or not, but hopefully it helps!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again