Metal Gear Gathering 2017 (Official!)

Started by omega_drug, April 05, 2017, 11:50:56 PM

omega_drug

Update 2: Our event page on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/120718205150681/

Update: We are official, please see time/day/location below. Please join us if you're planning to cosplay Metal Gear.

So...trying to gauge interest in another Metal Gear gathering for Fanime 2017. We had a good turnout last year, despite the host being MIA (I suppose I'll never live that one down). This year, we have zacknini volunteering to co-host, so that if I'm late, someone else will be there to take over.

If people are interested, I'm looking into either Friday, Saturday, or Monday.  Please comment to let me know.

Metal Gear Gathering 2017

Day: Friday, May 26, 2017
Time: 5 pm
Location: G10 (offsite - Cesar Chavez Park, by the snake statue)

Cosplayers:

zacknini - Kazuhira Miller (co-host)
Marodynamic - Dr. Strangelove
Eri Kagami - Big Boss
connor - Naked Snake 
kayla - Para-Medic
omega_drug - Sniper Wolf (or Mei Ling, co-host)

Photoshoot order:

-Group photo - all
-Group shot of characters from each game (starting from earliest release)
-All Snakes together
-All units together (Foxhound, Cobra, BB etc.)
-Support team characters
-Fights/Stealth/Action shots
-Joke shots (obligatory scenarios involving the legendary cardboard box, maybe, if I remember to supply one)
-Any other requests or suggestions

Legal Statement-Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.
are we having fun yet?

zacknini

Thanks for making the topic/hosting this C:
I'm fine with Friday or Monday, since saturday is pretty busy for me o:

omega_drug

I think I'll put in for Friday afternoon or Monday morning, in that case. Last year it was on a Friday afternoon.

I may set up a facebook page once the time/location gets approved.
are we having fun yet?

zacknini

draxLfly2

Would you like a list of all the gatherings and their times so you can apply to the times that are available?

omega_drug

Sure, thanks, that'd be helpful. Right now I'm looking for a Friday time slot, hopefully.
are we having fun yet?

Marodynamic

If it's late friday or later I'd like to go! This sounds really fun, I didn't go last year! Not sure if I'll have a cosplay or not but I'm definitely interested!

zacknini

:D We'd love to have you! Also tell your MGS friends ;D

omega_drug

Is Friday 4pm a good time?  I'm open to whenever on Friday.
are we having fun yet?

Marodynamic

4pm would probably depend on how fast I can check into the hotel and get my badge, as I won't be getting to San Jose until around 12-1pm :/ Though if the badge lines aren't bad it probably wouldn't be a problem!

omega_drug

I could put in for 5pm or 6pm, but 6pm is the latest time slot available.
are we having fun yet?

zacknini

Marodynamic

5 Sounds good! Since the remodel the badge lines have gotten better so that should be enough time :3

omega_drug

I submitted the request for Friday at 5pm. Backup options are Friday 6pm, Friday 4pm. Then Sunday and Saturday only if absolutely necessary.

For location, I requested the same spot as last year, the offsite location. Unless anyone has a better suggestion?

I don't have a facebook set up yet. Should I make one? Or can I get a volunteer?
are we having fun yet?

Marodynamic

I'm fine with wherever! Where offsite was it last year?

I wouldn't be a good volunteer for the facebook part since I very rarely use it, so unfortunately I can't help out in that way though :/

zacknini

Ooh settin gup a FB would be good to have

zacknini

I think once everything is settled I can actually set one up :D

Eri Kagami

I'm totally fine with Friday.
I'll be wearing my dapper rendition of Big Boss. Can't wait!

zacknini

omega_drug

So haven't heard anything back yet. I'll give it a couple more days before I email the organizers and ask about our status.

Quote from: Marodynamic on April 15, 2017, 09:27:12 PM
I'm fine with wherever! Where offsite was it last year?

I wouldn't be a good volunteer for the facebook part since I very rarely use it, so unfortunately I can't help out in that way though :/

Last year it was at the snake statue in Cesar Chavez park. (Snake puns everywhere...)

You can see the photos here:

https://www.facebook.com/MobiusPhotographyOfficial/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1027648487312350

are we having fun yet?