Yu-Gi-Oh! Gathering 2017

Started by powerofunity, April 14, 2017, 07:36:51 PM

powerofunity

Hi everyone! I'm back to host the Yu-Gi-Oh! gathering. Last time was my first time hosting a gathering, and it was such a treat to see all of your amazing cosplay (and, of course, the crazy wigs)! I hope you all can join again this year.

Name of the Gathering: Yu-Gi-Oh! (all series)
Date: Friday, May 26
Time: 7:30pm
Meeting Place (MP): G3
Location (L): G3 (but can move outside if more room or natural lighting is needed)
Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1435803723148850/

Legal Statement
Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Cosplayers List
(Will be updated as people post.)

Dark Magician Girl - yyanderee
Duke Devlin - Shinigami_Lover
Mokuba Kaiba - miichandes
Reiji Akaba - powerofunity
Seto Kaiba - Patrick_Kuchiki
Yami Bakura - thepharaohinleather's friend
Yami Yugi - thepharaohinleather

Photo Order
All series
Separated by series
-- Manga/Season 0
-- Duel Monsters
-- GX
-- 5D's
-- Zexal
-- Arc-V
-- Vrains
Human characters
Monsters (and Magic/Spell/Traps)
Protagonists
Antagonists/Rivals
Requests

powerofunity

Post reserved for news.

4/14 Gathering form submitted to Imperial. Time requested was 7:30pm on Friday, location is G3 (the steps to your right when you enter the convention center).

5/2 Gathering officially approved!

thepharaohinleather

Wonderful! Thank you so much for stepping up to organize. I'm super happy there's an official gathering now, and that day and time sounds great. It won't even be very dark then knowing Cali, so that's perfect. My friend and I will attend as Yami Yugi and Yami Bakura! Can't wait to see everyone there!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

powerofunity

Yay, glad you and your friend will be able to make it! Please help spread the word, especially if you see any YGO cosplayers at the Old School gathering. ;)

I've been keeping an eye on sunset times the past week, and there should still be enough light at 7:30 come Memorial Day weekend. I requested an indoor location just in case, but we can always move outside if the natural lighting is cooperative. I don't anticipate that our gathering will be that big anyhow.

powerofunity

Quick update: still waiting on official approval from the cosplay staff. Please keep your fingers crossed! :)

Patrick_Kuchiki

Hi guys -

I'm glad that people still care for Yu-Gi-Oh and Bleach from what I've found on here. This would be my first time going to Fanime and I was thinking about cosplaying as Seto Kaiba maybe since I'm tall and kinda have his look. So I'll be interesting in joining if that's cool? I'll let you guys know more!

Thanks!

powerofunity

That would be awesome if you were able to join as Kaiba! Hopefully we'll make it onto the official gatherings list soon and get a set time down. I also hope you enjoy your first Fanime. :)

yyanderee

Hello!! I'm cosplaying Dark Magician Girl and I'd like you to count me in your group.  :)

powerofunity

Great, added you to the list! Can't wait to see your Dark Magician Girl cosplay! :)

powerofunity

Great news! Our gathering time has officially been approved. The YGO cosplay gathering will take place on Friday, May 26, at 7:30pm at G3 (the steps to your right when you enter the convention center).

thepharaohinleather

Wonderful! Glad to hear it~ Hope they'll update the gatherings list soon. Thanks for giving us all the updates!
Attendee since 2009

powerofunity

thepharaohinleather

Oh great! Thanks for that info, I haven't even thought to check the facebook pages recently. Imperial must have their hands full, no doubt, but I'm glad it's posted there! Thanks again~
Attendee since 2009

miichandes

I'm planning to be Mokuba! I'll see you guys there <3
Fanime 2018:
Deku (Alice In Wonderland AU) (BNHA)
Hinata (Haikyuu!!)
Deku (Gym Uniform) (BNHA)
Tomoya (Princess ver.) (Enstars)
PJ Lance (Voltron)
Yuzu (Citrus)
Uraraka (Villain Ver.) (BNHA)
Makoto (DSN Ver.) (Persona 5)
#year of several changes

powerofunity

powerofunity

Less than two weeks to go until Fanime! I hope everyone's cosplays are going smoothly.

Just dropping by with the ending theme for Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS, the newest spinoff series. Think we'll see any cosplay from it???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NJJrzlHazc

powerofunity

Fanime is almost upon us! Here are a few reminders for our gathering on Friday:

1. We will aim to start about 2-3 minutes after 7:30pm, to give everyone a chance to find the location and decide if we would like to take advantage of outside lighting. My aim is to finish in 10-15 minutes so those who want to head to the Swap Meet can get in line.

2. I am 90% sure I will be dressed as Reiji Akaba from ARC-V, but on the off chance that I will not be able to cosplay that evening, I will be wearing some sort of shirt with Yugi on it so that y'all can find me.

3. I will also be holding a Yu-Gi-Oh! + spinoffs logo sign (see the first post in this thread), so keep an eye out for that if that's easier.

Hope everyone will be able to make it on Friday, and please do spread the word if you see other YGO cosplayers during the day~

powerofunity

Thank you to everyone who made it out today! I hope it was a fun experience, and I loved seeing the amazing cosplays and hearing your creative ideas for poses! Also, huge shout out to our official Fanime photographer, who stayed late in order to accommodate our 7:30 time slot. :)

I'm hoping to have unofficial photos up by Monday. In the meantime, here is a link to a photo of our last pose -- enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/events/1435803723148850/permalink/1476876219041600/

InsaneDavid

Big thank you to the Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayers who also came out to the Old School Cosplay Gathering earlier in the day!
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

powerofunity

^ And thank you for making the effort to host such a huge gathering!

Btw, official gathering photos are up! https://fanimecon.slickpic.com/albums/FanimeCon-Friday-7pm-8pm/?wallpaper