SMT/Persona Gathering (OLD THREAD)

Started by Ariel Ningyo, April 21, 2017, 03:35:33 PM

Ariel Ningyo

Welcome to the SMT/Persona Gathering Forum!

This gathering will include all Atlus games. A non-exhaustive list includes Shin Megami Tense video games (Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Survivor, etc.), Catherine, Trauma Center games, Etrian Odyssey and Etrian Mystery, Odin Sphere, etc. Anybody who loves Atlus and cosplays from any of their games are welcomed!

This will be my third year hosting this gathering and my 6th year hosting gatherings! I took a break from hosting this gathering and gave it to a friend in 2019 but I'm back hosting it again ♥.

DAY GATHERING
Day: Saturday
Time: TBD

MIDNIGHT GATHERING

Day: Saturday
Time: 11:30pm?

Legal Statement: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

PHOTO ORDER:
- First Group Shot
- Shin Megami Tensei Series
- Any other series that attend (eg. if we get Catherine and 13 Sentienals attendees, there will be a Catherine specific group shot)
- Persona Series (The Persona Photo wil be seperate from the SMT Photo since this series has evolved into its own thing and I don't want the mass amount of Persona Cosplayers to drown out the SMT ones)
- Arcanas (eg. Fool, Strengh, Fortune, etc)
- Canon Groups (Ex. Original Phatom Thieves: Joker, Ryuji, Ann, Morgana or Original SEES: Akihiko, Shinjiro, Mitsuru)
- Scene re-enactments by request
- Final Group Shot
- Requests

Note: If your series is not called please inform one of the gathering hosts. There are many Atlus games and we want to include everyone!

ATTENDENCE LIST:

Gathering Count: About 30 cosplayers (Estimated amount from 2022

FB event page:
List of all Atlus Games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atlus_games

Fanime Cosplay Schedule TBD

digitalia

Looking forward to this :D This will be my first time cosplaying EVER!

Ariel Ningyo

Awesome! :D who will you be attending/cosplaying as?

creylune

Super glad to see this on the forums! (I was checking for the past month or so haha)
I'll be there either as Moh Shuvuu (SMT) or Akira/P5 protag!  (might do both, one at each gathering, depends)
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup
- Mauve (ACCA 13)
- Akira Kurusu/Protagonist (P5)

@creylune and creylune on tumblr!

digitalia

Ariel Ningyo

Awesome! Thanks creylune and digitalia! I'll add you to the attendees list :)

sharksfan40832

Awesome ill definitely be going to this gathering as Akira/Joker.(hopefully my costume gets here on time)
Looking forward on seeing everyone their  :) :D

Ariel Ningyo

keyblademaster333

I will be attending as Adachi from Persona 4!

Ariel Ningyo

linefaced

Hi all! I haven't quite decided what I'll be bringing to this gathering yet although I'm leaning toward Joker from P5.

That said, I'll be helping Ariel with running this thing, and we've got a very important question for you all. There's a poll on the FB page (found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1903954699890601/permalink/1911694392449965/?notif_t=like&notif_id=1493863170838580) but if you don't have or use FB, here's what we need to know:

Should we allow Persona 5 spoiler shots at this gathering?

Please keep in mind the following:

• We would save the spoiler shots until probably the very end of the gathering so anyone who does not want to be spoiled can leave.
  • Even if we decide not to allow spoiler shots, this will NOT necessarily prevent you from being spoiled if you attend this gathering. Sometimes there may be ambient conversation about the game that you happen to overhear, someone might jump up to a photo without considering that their participation in that group (i.e. dead characters or villains) might be considered a spoiler, there might be cosplays that are a spoiler in some way, and there's a not-unreasonable chance that some jerk may decide to just yell a spoiler if they see the gathering as they walk past.
tl;dr: Even if you vote no, if you want to 100% guarantee you will not be spoiled, we recommend you reconsider attending this gathering. We would love all the cosplayers we can get, but would rather people not have a fantastic game ruined for them, even by accident. We as organizers will do our best to avoid spoiling people, but mistakes happen and we unfortunately cannot control everyone who shows up. Please consider all these factors in your vote.

Thanks everyone, your input is greatly appreciated! We're excited to see you all there!!

linefaced

Hi again all!

So, given the feedback we've gotten so far, the plan as of now will be to save all P5 spoiler photos until after the main gathering, once anyone who would like to avoid spoilers can disperse. That way anyone who's excited about P5 and wants to take photos will have the chance to, but hopefully we can minimize spoilers during the main gathering.

There will always be a risk of getting spoiled by accident, however, so if you're really worried about it, we're very sorry, but we recommend saving your attendance for next year. It sucks to have to implement that policy, but we can't control everyone who shows up, and there's a risk of a passing troll yelling a spoiler or overhearing other people nearby talking about the game. If you're not worried, then please swing on by! We'd love to have as many people as possible and it's regrettable that the game didn't come out in Feb like it was supposed to so more people would have been able to finish it by Fanime.

Thanks all! (I'll be there as either winter uniform Akira or Futaba, haven't quite decided yet!)

sanimas

Hello all!

I hope everyone had a great time. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take any pictures because my phone died, which sucks because this was literally my first time cosplaying. Would anyone be willing to share their photos with me?  ;D

Ariel Ningyo

MrTimtastic

Hi! I already made a post on the FB event page, but I'm asking permission to promote my gathering aka "all fighting games" cosplay gathering since I'm running the event prior to this one. It'll also give the opportunity for some people to be part of back to back cosplay gatherings since some of the ArcSystem works series like BlazBlue, SNK Playmore like KOF, and Persona 4 Arena/Ultimax. Feel free to message me here or on FB. TY

Ariel Ningyo

Ariel Ningyo

Ariel Ningyo