Guests for Fanimecon 2018

Started by andyjay729, May 10, 2017, 08:44:56 PM

andyjay729

The guests I wanted to see don't seem to be coming this year, so allow me to make my suggestions for next year.

First, Lucky Star star (as well as Saki's Koromo and Heaven's Lost Property's Astraea) Kaori Fukuhara. Next year she'll be appearing in Yutaka Yamamoto's new movie Hakubo, so there's also that. I would've also invited her more famous LS "sister" Emiri Katou, but this year she'll be appearing at Anime Revolution in Vancouver.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=19431

Second, Marina Inoue, better known as Chiri Kitsu in Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and SnK's Armin. As excellent a seiyuu and singer as she is, she hasn't gotten nearly enough love at foreign conventions.

And I don't know how easily it can be done, but I wonder if Hidamari Sketch artist and Madoka Magica character designer Ume Aoki would be willing to show herself in public at Fanimecon.

GokuMew2

Wow, don't think we've ever had a thread started for the next year before the current year's con was over!

Thank you for all your excellent suggestions, everyone! While it's unfortunately not possible to act upon all suggestions, we do (read: Evan does) keep track of each and every one of them so keep 'em coming!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

DankLordPopo

Wow, we already started a NEW THREAD XD
"I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say"

Angelx624

o: A thread for next year already?? This must be a new record. XD

I'll make suggestions after this year's Fanime is over. :P
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

DankLordPopo

I'm just gonna repost the guests I would like to come on here, since it seems the other guest forum is much quieter now. So TeamFourStar (Takahata101, Grant, Lanipator, Kirran, Hbi2k, Zito, Kaiserneko, Little Kuriboh, Corinne Sudberg), Kira "Rina-chan" Buckland, JAM Project, Sweet ARMS, Yousei Teikoku, FLOW, Todd Haberkorn, Christine Marie Cabanos, Carrie Keranen, Patrick Seitz, SomethingWittyEntertainment, Sarah Williams, Matthew Mercer, Itou Shizuka, Of course Doug Walker again! so cool to finally meet him last year, and some others.

andyjay729

I made this thread because there probably aren't going to be any more announcements for this year...and partly because I wanted to do it before forgetting, heh. Plus I live in San Diego, so getting to Fanime obviously takes a bit more planning. I chose Fanime rather than Anime Expo mainly because, well, no offense, but the guests I want are a bit lower-profile, and AX obviously tends to go for the biggest acts. Plus it gets sooooo crowded.

I'd also like to repeat my requests for last year; Non Non Biyori stars Kana Asumi, Kotori Koiwai, Ayane Sakura, and Rie Murakawa.

DankLordPopo

oh wow then that's some excellent planning, and same Fanime is located in my city so it's easier for me to go to

Angelx624

Yeah Fanime is way closer to me than AX is(Fanime is over an hour away, while AX is 6ish hours away). So I always go to Fanime. I've been to AX twice, and while I do like it, it does take a lot to get there, plus AX is more expensive, since concerts and such cost extra where Fanime doesn't charge extra for Musicfest.

I won't be making AX this year, but that's quite alright.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

DankLordPopo

So the music group that's coming this year, who are they this is the first time I have ever heard of them and I can't find a music video of them on youtube

WorldDominationStudios

I'm going to make the same suggestion that I made a few years ago:

Lexa Doig has played a hacker (Tekwar), a cryonicist (in Jason X), a starship/robot (Andromeda), and three different medical doctors, one of whom is also a time-traveler and one of whom is an alien. She is the de facto "Queen of the Nerds". I think we should make it official by holding a coronation ceremony in which she is presented with a crown or tiara with the phrase "Queen of the Nerds" inscribed in it. The cost of the headgear could be crowdfunded if necessary.

GokuMew2

Quote from: DankLordPopo on May 15, 2017, 08:30:03 PM
So the music group that's coming this year, who are they this is the first time I have ever heard of them and I can't find a music video of them on youtube

There's some info about them on the guest page.
Matsushita Yuuya was here a few years ago as a solo artist but this is the first time X4 is coming. I believe Sony blocks their videos outside Japan on YouTube so you'll have to try to find them using either a proxy server or other means. If you use a proxy, this is their official YouTube channel.

(I also recommend you post questions in a different thread since this is a thread for guest suggestions. :) )
< Mew >

DankLordPopo

Oh ok thank you for the link and clarification, and then what's the thread for the music guests then?

GokuMew2

Quote from: DankLordPopo on May 15, 2017, 10:19:48 PM
Oh ok thank you for the link and clarification, and then what's the thread for the music guests then?

Music Fest falls under "Big Event Showcase." The (suggestion) thread is here. You can also create your own threads as necessary.
< Mew >

DankLordPopo

Firefury Amahira

Might as well put my annual "INVITE TEAM FOUR STAR TO FANIME!" down in here. :P
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

DankLordPopo

Firefury Amahira lol I also said the same for TeamFourStar, lets try and get them to come next year!

otakuya

YouTubers and Twitch Streamers, since next year's theme is Gaming.

Markiplier, JackSpeticEye, LittleKuriboh and Marianne Miller, Kinda Funny, Fun Haus, Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter, That One Video Gamer (the Completionist/Super Beard Bros./the Dex), ProJared (as a real GoH), MatPat of Game Theory, Doug Walker (return), PeanutButterGamer, SpaceHamster, BrutalMoose, Game Grumps/Ninja Sex Party, Ray Narvaez (brownman), Nathan Sharp (natewantstobattle)

And to go back to Kinda Funny, maybe host their Kinda Funny Live show in conjuction with FanimeCon, since they are local.

DankLordPopo

Yeah! Little Kuriboh, Doug Walker, and TeamFourStar all together will be a blast! that would really make a very funny Convention XD

DankLordPopo

Oh and maybe get one of the creators or designers for NieR: Automata if we can

badninja

My guest suggestions (I would die if any of these suggestions came. Might even be willing to sell both testes and one of my kidneys to make it happen!)

Anime staff related:
- Makoto Shinkia - Your Name. 5cm. per second, etc. director -- Meh, worth a shot
- Mamoru Hosoda - Director of Summer Wars, Boy and the Beast, Girl who Leapt Through Time and more. Long shot, but worth a shot.
- Shinichiro Watanabe - Director of Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, and more.
- Shiro Sasaki - Producer of RahXephon, Samurai Champloo, X, Ghost in the Shell Solid State Society
- Kazuto Nakazawa - Character design for Samurai Champloo, key animator for Steamboy, Hunter x Hunter, Ergo Proxy, etc.

Anime / Game Voice Actors:
- Kazuya Nakai - Voice for Ryuuji from Blue Exorcist, Gaomon in Digimon, Lancer in Fate/Protoype, Borma in Ghost in the Shell, Mugen in Samurai Champloo.
- Maaya Sakamoto - Voice for Leila in Code Geass, Hitomi in Escaflowne, Aerith in FF7 Advent Children, Motoko in Ghost in the Shell movie + Arise.
- David Hayter - Voice for Snake in Metal Gear Solid

Manga related:
- Shinobu Kaitani - Author / artist behind Liar Game manga.
- Katsuhiro Otomo - Creator of Akira manga, directed the Anime.
- Ken Akamatsu - Creator / artist behind Love Hina and Magical Teacher Negima

Music related (will request in the music thread too):
- The Pillows - Famous for the FLCL soundtrack, Japanese rock group
- Babymetal - J-pop metal group
- Rip Slyme - Japanese Hip-hop group, did the Japanese sponge bob theme, the OP for Gantz, and more.
- UVERworld - Japanese rock group, did the OP for multiple Blue Exorcist incarnations.
- Joe Hisaishi - Japanese composer, famous for Ghibli soundtracks and more
- Nobuo uematsu or Distand Worlds - Japanese composer, famous for Final Fantasy soundtracks (Distand Worlds is a traveling orchestra/symphony that performs those songs).
- Dragon Ash - Rock/Ska/Hip-hop group from Japan famous for their song on the Battle Royale and Fast and the Furious (Tokyo drift) soundtracks
- Utada Hikaru - J-Pop. She came out of retirement recently I believe. Involved in Kingdom Hearts songs and others.

Cosplay/ Other related:
- Lisa Lou Who - https://www.facebook.com/LisaLouWhoCosplay/?ref=br_rs
- Missyeru - https://www.facebook.com/MissyeruCosplay/?ref=br_rs
- Kairu Photography - Nor-cal published cosplay photographer - https://www.facebook.com/KairuPhotography/
- Danielle DeNicola - https://www.facebook.com/danielledenicolaofficial/
- Ivan Orkin - Ramen Chef from New York
- Food Trucks - Maybe setup 5 or so food trucks in the parking lot behind the convention center (big blue tents)? Or setup a food festival on one of the days with Japanese related foods in the blue tent area (previously where the artist alley was a few years ago)?