question about autographs

Started by CrystalRobot, May 14, 2017, 01:58:49 PM

CrystalRobot

I hope I put this in the right thread. I wasn't sure where to post.

Anyway, since Doug Walker aka The Nostalgia Critic is gonna be signing autographs, I was wondering, do we have to bring something for him to sign or will there be an option to get stuff such as prints at the place where he'll be doing autographs? I ask because I'm still not sure what I should bring for him to sign...
my deviantART
http://crystalrobot123.deviantart.com/

~I do commissions! Note me at my deviantART page!~

Fanime 2017 Cosplay: TBA

powerofunity

I've only gotten one autograph at Fanime before, so I'm probably not the best person to answer this, but my experience is that there will not be prints at the autograph session, so you should bring something for the guest to sign.

If you're not sure what to bring, one thing I've seen people do in the past is go to Artist Alley, commission a piece of fanart related to something the guest has done, and ask him/her to sign that. I personally have asked guests to sign cosplay props before as well, though idk if that's applicable for The Nostalgia Critic haha.

CrystalRobot

Quote from: powerofunity on May 14, 2017, 04:14:27 PM
I've only gotten one autograph at Fanime before, so I'm probably not the best person to answer this, but my experience is that there will not be prints at the autograph session, so you should bring something for the guest to sign.

If you're not sure what to bring, one thing I've seen people do in the past is go to Artist Alley, commission a piece of fanart related to something the guest has done, and ask him/her to sign that. I personally have asked guests to sign cosplay props before as well, though idk if that's applicable for The Nostalgia Critic haha.

Good to know. And I draw myself, so maybe I could just draw something for him to sign.
my deviantART
http://crystalrobot123.deviantart.com/

~I do commissions! Note me at my deviantART page!~

Fanime 2017 Cosplay: TBA

Angelx624

At Fanime, it's highly unlikely for guests to have prints available and such. Most of the time you have to bring your own item for them to sign. This is just from my personal experience, as the guests I've gotten autographs from required you to have something for them to sign.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

AR-99

One of the seiyu last year, can't remember who, had posters of an anime play he was in. This is very rare though so be prepared to bring something in. If you can't find anything at all, they will sign the program.

The Japanese guests will be used to seeing shikishi boards, which are good for stylized autographs and sketches. Non-Japanese guests won't be familiar with them but you can ask them to sign big or fill up the board.
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

JaimeKetchum

fanime 2018 cosplay list:
saturday-
nico yazawa school uniform (for love live gathering)
sasuke uchiha
female sasuke uchiha