Parking & Shuttle Questions

Started by Liiath, May 15, 2017, 09:05:01 PM

Liiath

Hello!

Quick backstory: I've been attending Fanime for...roughly six/seven years now, and have always stayed at one of the hotels within walking distance. This year was no different - I booked a room through Fanime for Fairmont. However, today, I received an e-mail informing me that, apparently, Fairmont overbooked, and my reservation has been transferred to the Holiday Inn (on N. 1st St). Bummer, but Fairmont is comping the entire stay, so I'm not here to complain about that. Rather, I have a couple of questions regarding Holiday Inn's parking and shuttle:

- Holiday Inn's website says that parking is $13 a night, but Fanime's info on the hotel says that parking is free. I would hope it's safe to trust Fanime's information, but as I usually always park at the convention center, I wanted to double check.
- Is there a cost for the shuttle to/from the hotel/con? I have the schedule, just need to know how much fare to bring (if any).

Thank you for reading, and I hope these questions don't seem too stupid!

HunterZero

The shuttle is free for all attendees.

If Fanime's Hotel info says the parking is free, then it is most likely free because it is included in the convention rate. That is pretty standard practice.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Liiath

MonadoLink

Oh man I really hope I do not get transferred from Fairmont. Even though I want cheap or free parking, it would be quite stressful and inconvenient compared to my current plans.

I can say that parking is free. I stayed there last year. Good hotel, and shuttles come often, just 3 miles away.

Liiath

Quote from: MonadoLink on May 15, 2017, 09:43:44 PM

If you did not receive an e-mail last night from Fanime housing, then you should be fine! When I called to confirm/clarify, I was told everyone's notices went out yesterday.

And thank you as well for clarifying! It's certainly not ideal, nor my original plan, but for a free room...I'll make it work haha~

MonadoLink

Would they email all 4 of us or just the person who purchased the room?

Liiath

Quote from: MonadoLink on May 16, 2017, 09:10:07 AM

The person who purchased the room, would be my guess - my bf didn't receive an e-mail about it, and his name is on the reservation, but as I purchased the room, I got the e-mail. Hope that helps!

Abyss1

Fun Fact that Holiday Inn hosted Fanime 99

I live on North 1st , two block away from the hotel, been here for 7yrs....There are spots on Archer St ,that is the safest.... you may be able to find spots around the holiday inn.  There is an elementary school with a huge park near by that also has plenty of safe street parking.

Do Not Park on Kerley dr at all...