Guests I Want For MusicFest 2018!!!!

Started by DankLordPopo, May 21, 2017, 03:53:56 PM

DankLordPopo

I'm Starting the musicfest guests for next year. Here is a list of some of the groups/people I'd like:

• JAM Project
  • Yousei Teikoku
  • Sweet ARMS
  • FLOW
  • Exile Tribe
  • StylipS
  • konomi Suzuki
oh and some vocaloid producers(ex. PinocchioP, Yuyoyuppe)
"I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say"

DankLordPopo

Oh, and maybe we can get that virtual Hatsune Miku live Concert (MIKU EXPO, Magical Mirai, etc.) over here for those who wanted it

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

setton_san1

I would love to see more bands/groups that have worked with the anime industry more  :D

• UVERworld
  • SCREEN Mode
  • MAN WITH A MISSION
  • MYTH & ROID
  • Asian Kung fu Generation
  • OLDCODEX
  • ZAQ
  • BABYMETAL
  • SPYAIR

I'd even like to see any of the previous years' acts come back

• FLOW
  • BACK-ON
  • Rookiez is Punk'd
  • Homemade Kazoku

Angelx624

Here's my list:

Goatbed
Granrodeo
OldCodex
SuG
Polysics
Jam Project(dream big >:V )
Boys and Men
Joe Inoue

Also would like to see return:

Da-iCE
X4

I'll add more later ^^;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

felexis12

Below are the bands I would like to see in Music Fest 2018:

TOTALFAT (In my opinion the best Japanese punk band in Japan! They played the 19th anime ending song for Naruto Shippuden. They have a great powerful sound and are sure to make the crowd dance and cheer to their unique upbeat songs! They love California and have never been to FANIME!)

SPYAIR (Awesome rock band, have done lots of songs for anime and movies such as: The Amazing Spider-Man, Gintama, samurai flamenco, mobile suit gundam, haikyuu etc. They have played internationally in Korea, Paris, and across Japan. However, they have never played in America, I think Music Fest would be a great place for them to mark their territory in America!)

FLOW (Awesome rock band which have done a lot of anime songs for animes such as Naruto, dragon ball z movies, eureka 7, code geass etc! They have been to FANIME twice in 2010 and 2011 and are loved by the fans! I'm sure they would love to come back to FANIME and put on a fantastic show that is guaranteed to bring old and new fans together!)

These are my top 3 band recommendations for MusicFest 2018! I believe that either of these 3 bands with powerful music are bound to put on a great show and attract a lot of fans as well as make new ones! It also gives them an opportunity to expand their music across the boarder and be even more recognized internationally! Any consideration would be greatly appreciated!

Kuudere

*clears throat*

THE PILLOWS.

...that's all.

DankLordPopo

HunterZero

Quote from: Kuudere on June 01, 2017, 04:01:03 PM
*clears throat*

THE PILLOWS.

...that's all.

I would love to add my voice to this, but I suspect they'll never come for FanimeCon. The last times they came to the USA were when the US Dollar was between 80-90 yen, and now they probably can't make it fiscally feasible.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Kuudere

Quote from: HunterZero on June 01, 2017, 05:55:27 PM
I would love to add my voice to this, but I suspect they'll never come for FanimeCon. The last times they came to the USA were when the US Dollar was between 80-90 yen, and now they probably can't make it fiscally feasible.

With them becoming more relevant in the anime scene again thanks to FLCL 2 (they'll be providing the whole soundtrack again), I'm holding out hope that someone will find value in sponsoring their appearance in the US. It's been far too long, and I was too young at the time to go to the nightclubs they performed in when they were last here. Fanime would definitely be the biggest thing they've done stateside, and they still have a sizeable following despite being considered older J-rock.

DankLordPopo

mmm Interesting, they are new to me but they sound cool!

Mr. Wendell

BRADIO
Awesome City Club
Charisma.com
TEMPURA KIDZ
Suchmos
FAKY
DAOKO
Ai Shinozaki
Chotokkyu
DISH//
lol
DYGL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

InsaneDavid

A long shot, but...

Cibo Matto

Still 50 years ahead of their time and 3 dimensions ahead of their space!  It amazes me that there are still people who don't know about this amazing band.  Their biggest mainstream exposure in the US is probably when the song "Birthday Cake" off their debut album, "Viva! La Woman" was included in Jet Set Radio Future.  They reunited in 2011 and released a third album in 2014 and continue to perform live.  From the few people I've talked with who've had the privilege of seeing them live over the years, they pour energy and sound and are unlike any other duo.  Even if they're not viable for Music Fest, if you're reading this and you are not familiar with Cibo Matto, go check them out right now.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Nina Star 9

Quote from: InsaneDavid on June 16, 2017, 01:06:50 PM
A long shot, but...

Cibo Matto

Still 50 years ahead of their time and 3 dimensions ahead of their space!  It amazes me that there are still people who don't know about this amazing band.  Their biggest mainstream exposure in the US is probably when the song "Birthday Cake" off their debut album, "Viva! La Woman" was included in Jet Set Radio Future.  They reunited in 2011 and released a third album in 2014 and continue to perform live.  From the few people I've talked with who've had the privilege of seeing them live over the years, they pour energy and sound and are unlike any other duo.  Even if they're not viable for Music Fest, if you're reading this and you are not familiar with Cibo Matto, go check them out right now.

PLEASE.

(I write as I'm sitting here listening to King of Silence...heh)

At least, I can dream, right? I would love to see them live, especially now that they're back together.

Now, if only someone could convince GUITAR VADER to get back together so we can get that long-thwarted Fanime concert that was cancelled from over 10 years ago...

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on June 16, 2017, 02:13:43 PM
Quote from: InsaneDavid on June 16, 2017, 01:06:50 PM
A long shot, but...

Cibo Matto

PLEASE.

(I write as I'm sitting here listening to King of Silence...heh)

At least, I can dream, right? I would love to see them live, especially now that they're back together.

Now, if only someone could convince GUITAR VADER to get back together so we can get that long-thwarted Fanime concert that was cancelled from over 10 years ago...

Concerning Guitar Vader, I'd be happy if their entire catalog could be collected into one massive anthology, maybe with a couple interviews, and then be given wide physical release.  At least that way their music would go out with an exclamation point rather than a fuzzy question mark.

For Cibo Matto, yeah, outstanding band with a very unique sound and both involved in a bunch of other projects during their hiatus from Cibo Matto - it's pretty crazy when you see how much music these ladies had a hand in creating.  US-based, have a history of touring to all kinds of venues around the world, essentially still active, and amazingly everyone seems to like their music.  I'm sure they would love to perform at an event like Fanime.  Still, I know it would be quite a stretch to see it happen.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Angelx624

Quote from: Mr. Wendell on June 05, 2017, 04:16:04 PM
BRADIO
Awesome City Club
Charisma.com
TEMPURA KIDZ
Suchmos
FAKY
DAOKO
Ai Shinozaki
Chotokkyu
DISH//
lol
DYGL
Awww yes Tempura Kidz! <3 Haven't listened to their music in ages but I love them. xD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

badninja

- The Pillows - FLCL soundtrack, rock group
- Rip Slyme - Japanese rap group, did OP for Gantz anime and Sponge Bob theme in Japan
- Dragon Ash - Rock/Ska/Rap group from Japan, their music was in Battle Royale and Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift.
- Perfume - Electro-Jpop trio from Japan
- One Ok Rock - Japanese rock group
- UVERworld - Japanese rock group, music appears on Blue Exorcist and more.
- 04 Limited Sazabys - Japanese punk/rock group
- Base Ball Bear - Japanese rock group
- illion - Japanese solo artists
- Asian Kung Fu Generation - Japanese rock group
- Radwimps - Japanese rock group, conributed music for Your Name. by Makoto Shinkai.
- M-Flo - Japanese DJ / Rapper duo

Wildcards:
- Joe Hisaishi - Composer, famous for Ghibli
- Nobuo Uematsu or Distant Worlds Symphony group - Composer, famous for Final Fantasy (or the traveling orchestra / symphony that performs his music in America)
- Puppet - Electronic artist, not related to anime / games
- AJR - Electronic/Pop trio (brothers) from New York

Priz

Instead of bands that have already been here, I'm going to suggest the cool ones that most people don't know (YET!):

21g
https://youtu.be/npvRAWvVp2Y

(Vocalist Geno from Everset, Bass NATCHIN from SIAM-SHADE, Guitar by Mi-ya from LOVEBITES/a Drop of Joker)

LOVEBITES
https://vimeo.com/lovebites

From http://www.jpurecords.com/lovebites-ep/ -
QuoteCiting influences that include Iron Maiden, Anthrax and Sodom, band leader and bass-player miho comments, "I really wanted to perform heavy metal in a band with other women, and create the kind of music that even non-metal fans would say 'wow, metal is so cool' about. That's why I created LOVEBITES. I'd love to do so many great things with the band, and THE LOVEBITES EP is the first step for that."

The members of LOVEBITES are no strangers to the music industry. Founding members miho and haruna have been session musicians for a number of top acts, and were originally part of the popular all-girl metal band DESTROSE. Vocalist asami – who has been doing classical ballet since the age of two, and studied jazz and hip hop dance in the United States of America – has toured as backing vocalist for the likes of VAMPS (JPN) and UVERworld; guitarist midori has been signed to a major Japanese label where she built a reputation for the speed of her guitar solos; mi-ya has been playing piano since the age of three and is also in a band with SIAM SHADE's bass-player called 21g.
I saw them perform in November and they were so polished/professional despite playing together live for the first time that I came away impressed and think within a year they will be huge/many people will know of them.

chay
https://youtu.be/D6CNN7FFP4s

Chay was in Terrace House and has done some really great music (produced by Koichi Tabo!) In November I saw her perform the song above as well as a great cover of "Let it Be" by the Beatles & "Isn't She Lovely" as part of a Stevie Wonder Medley performed by her, Crystal Kay, Toshinobu Kubota, Daisuke Mori and a guy from Triceratops which I'm blanking on his name...).

Ace_of_Midnight

I have more than a couple acts I'd love to see or see again, so here are my suggestions!

Returning:
- FLOW: Curse little me who went to Fanime and had no idea about FLOW's great music. I'm still disappointed I missed that chance, so I would love to see them return!
-Back-On: Same deal as above. I was there that year, but had no idea about what a great band I chose not to see. -_-

Other Ideas:
- GARNiDELiA: I saw them at Anime Expo this year, and I know they have been to JPOP Summit as well, so they're certainly no stranger to American concerts! They put on a fantastic show, and Maria's vocals and dancing abilities are amazing. I think it'd be a well-loved show.
-angela: Again, Anime Expo. I think I cried the entire setlist. Both Atsuko and Katsu were very charismatic performers, and really hyped up the audience.
-UVERworld: A couple other people have suggested this band, and I wholeheartedly agree! In addition to Blue Exorcist, they also did an opening for Bleach.
-BUMP OF CHICKEN: Do I love their music or do I love their music? I've never quite heard vocals like Fujiwara's, and they've had some pretty prominent anime openings in Kekkai Sensen and Tales of the Abyss among others.
-LiSA: Her songs are rather well known, being featured in animes such as Sword Art Online and Fate/Zero. She's been to Anime Expo previously and has a new album out this year as well. She could also be a good guest as a voice actress, as she did the singing for Yui in Angel Beats!

Long Shots:
-Aqours would be a dream come true. They have a huge fanbase, and did perform at Anime Expo. I'd love to see a full live from them, if at all possible! They're wonderful. I have no idea how hard or easy it would be to book them though. 
Fanime 2019:
Fri: Akiko Yosano (Bungo Stray Dogs)
Sat: TBD
Sun: Birthstone Nico (Love Live)
Mon: Military!Neko (K Project)
Additional: Winter Uniform Yohane (Love Live)

Angelx624

Quote from: Ace_of_Midnight on October 18, 2017, 10:25:29 PM
I have more than a couple acts I'd love to see or see again, so here are my suggestions!

Returning:
- FLOW: Curse little me who went to Fanime and had no idea about FLOW's great music. I'm still disappointed I missed that chance, so I would love to see them return!
-Back-On: Same deal as above. I was there that year, but had no idea about what a great band I chose not to see. -_-

Other Ideas:
- GARNiDELiA: I saw them at Anime Expo this year, and I know they have been to JPOP Summit as well, so they're certainly no stranger to American concerts! They put on a fantastic show, and Maria's vocals and dancing abilities are amazing. I think it'd be a well-loved show.
-angela: Again, Anime Expo. I think I cried the entire setlist. Both Atsuko and Katsu were very charismatic performers, and really hyped up the audience.
-UVERworld: A couple other people have suggested this band, and I wholeheartedly agree! In addition to Blue Exorcist, they also did an opening for Bleach.
-BUMP OF CHICKEN: Do I love their music or do I love their music? I've never quite heard vocals like Fujiwara's, and they've had some pretty prominent anime openings in Kekkai Sensen and Tales of the Abyss among others.
-LiSA: Her songs are rather well known, being featured in animes such as Sword Art Online and Fate/Zero. She's been to Anime Expo previously and has a new album out this year as well. She could also be a good guest as a voice actress, as she did the singing for Yui in Angel Beats!

Long Shots:
-Aqours would be a dream come true. They have a huge fanbase, and did perform at Anime Expo. I'd love to see a full live from them, if at all possible! They're wonderful. I have no idea how hard or easy it would be to book them though.
I would love to see Back-On return, as well!! They're so great. ;u;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)