Smash Bros. Competition/Tournament/Talk

Started by DankLordPopo, October 30, 2017, 10:06:19 PM

DankLordPopo

I'm just starting this if anyone wants to talk about Smash Bros. for Fanime 2018.
"I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say"

Barnes

I've noticed that there are more tvs set up for Melee than for Brawl XD
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

DankLordPopo

Quote from: Barnes on November 01, 2017, 09:14:52 PM
I've noticed that there are more tvs set up for Melee than for Brawl XD
Yeah, I wonder if there will be any Smash Bros. Tournaments coming soon!

Barnes

Yesterday at YumeCon I entered a Smash 4 tourney. I made it to the top...of the Losers Bracket and got knocked out by 3-1 (it was best of five games at this point)  ;D Oh well.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

DankLordPopo

Quote from: Barnes on November 05, 2017, 07:05:10 PM
Yesterday at YumeCon I entered a Smash 4 tourney. I made it to the top...of the Losers Bracket and got knocked out by 3-1 (it was best of five games at this point)  ;D Oh well.

Lol nice!

DankLordPopo

Oh has there been any Smash Bros tournaments ever held at Fanime before? We could do that along with the overwatch and other things.

Kaiyoko

Hallo!

Our eGaming department has hosted various Smash Bros tournaments (Melee and Smash 4) for the last several years, and a Overwatch tournament on PC since the game came out last year. In addition, we do have setups for those seeking non-competitive friendly matches throughout the duration of 'Con.

The 2018 Gaming thread will be posted in the "Live Programming" forum once we have our information ready for the public on the official website and social media outlets.
Felicito, aka "Chito"
FanimeCon Games Director
games at fanime dot com
Twitter - @FanimeConGaming

DankLordPopo

LynwoodNus

Quote from: Kaiyoko on November 14, 2017, 04:59:18 PM
Hallo!

Our eGaming department has hosted various Smash Bros tournaments (Melee and Smash 4) for the last several years, and a Overwatch tournament on PC since the game came out last year. In addition, we do have setups for those seeking non-competitive friendly matches throughout the duration of 'Con.

The 2018 Gaming thread will be posted in the "Live Programming" forum once we have our information ready for the public on the official website and social media outlets.

I can't wait for the Overwatch tournament. What kind of prize pool will it have?