First time Artist Alley Registration

Started by Brakinja, November 03, 2017, 11:22:08 AM

Brakinja

Hello!

So, its my first time registering for the artist's alley tomorrow. I know a little bit about the process, and I know the staff wants to see what you'll be selling, but beyond that I've got nothing?? I don't know what to expect, and since this is my first time registering for Fanime's artist alley, I was wondering if anyone had more information? What to expect, tips, what the process even is? I just want to know what yo expect because I hear Fanime is a bit different than other art alleys.

boltplumart

Hello!

I sold at Artist Alley a few years back, and while it was different then, I can give advice on the crowd. It's very busy, people often brush or bump into your table, there can be some theft, but I've only witnessed this and not experienced it myself. If you have small items, keep an eye on them.

I was also wondering where you found the info for registering for Artist Alley opening tomorrow? I can't find the page for the info and I wanted to apply again myself.

cidcrow

Tip from a fan of the artist alley:
Have a small panel/board with your calling card info on it. People at the artist alley run out of calling cards quickly, so it's better to have an easy-to-spot backup (or an extra huge stack of cards) than to run out of cards and leave fans without a quick way of getting your contact for future purchases.

YaoiCat

Hi!  I can't seem to find any artist alley information on Fanime's website, but I really want to try to get a table!  Anyone know how to do it?

GokuMew2

Quote from: YaoiCat on November 21, 2017, 08:51:49 AM
Hi!  I can't seem to find any artist alley information on Fanime's website, but I really want to try to get a table!  Anyone know how to do it?

Hi. AA registration has yet to open. Keep an eye on the website and our Facebook/Twitter for any new information.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests