Late pre-registration

Started by xkuramaxhieix, November 23, 2017, 09:51:59 PM

xkuramaxhieix

Hello!

Normally I'm on the ball about pre-registering for fanime, but for some reason this year, I totally slacked!  :'( Anyways, I was wondering if I could get other people's advice/opinions on pre-reg. If I pre-reg today(Nov. 23), or tomorrow(Nov.24), how much of a difference do you think it will make for my hotel room choices? As a general note, I typically like getting a hotel  as close to the con center as possible.

tl;dr: Fucked up on pre-reg and am wondering my chances of getting a good hotel close to con without waiting list and with waiting list at this point in time. Thoughts?

Kyra_Maverick

You'll likely be day 2 or day 3 hotel block, still before general public but I wouldnt hold out too much hope for a full weekend stay within walking distance. Waitlist is always an option and many people have had success with it.

If distance is the most important thing for you, and you can afford it, I would look into booking one of the hotels not set aside for Fanime, like Hotel de Anza or Four Points Downtown. They'll be quite a bit more expensive, but less stress when booking.

DankLordPopo

Does the earlier registration days only apply to Hotel priority or does it also get you other things?
"I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say"

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: DankLordPopo on November 27, 2017, 09:12:11 PM
Does the earlier registration days only apply to Hotel priority or does it also get you other things?

Normally Hotels, though I suppose there is always a possibility of events with limited access that can be based on badge priority in the future (though I don't think they have done anything like that for as long as I have been going).

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.