Previous hotel prices

Started by Alex.scissors, December 01, 2017, 01:00:28 AM

Alex.scissors

Hi I'm Alex. For fanime 2018 I'm planning to get a hotel room through the Fanime site. I've never done this before and was wondering what prices were like during last year for the different types of rooms, just to get a jist of the situation.
Yes I have looked at hotel prices for the weekend already, but does registering through the convention site make rooms any cheaper?
Thanks in advance!

TC X0 Lt 0X

If you go thru the Fanime's housing site Hotel rooms will be a bit cheaper, and most hotels near or connected to the convention center are partnered with and really only available thru housing anyways.

Prices always can fluctuate (or rather rise) from year to year, but from what I remember (per night):

Ramada (cheapest option) ~$70-$80
Hilton, Mariott, Hyatt ~$99-$130
Fairmont ~$150 (?)

Of course, with tax, these numbers go up a tad, but you do save with some of the hotels off of the amenities they provide like continental breakfast and the like.
Assuming you go Fri-Mon (3 nights) and are splitting with 3 roommates, prices are not too terrible. I remember my 4 night and 3 night rooms at Hyatt last year came around to ~$600 and ~$450 each, around ~$130 per person. And of course you can always go over the 4 person limit on rooms if you want to be a rebel, but that is generally frowned upon (by hotel staff).

If you are a local then doing carpool/light rail works, but at least for me it was way too much trouble for what I saved, and that is as someone that lived only a mile from the convention center for 2 conventions. The convenience of being able to quickly rest, freshen up, store things, not have to get everyone on the same schedule, and time saved overall is well worth the cost.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Alex.scissors

That's super informative thanks!!

Mettatony

I don't mean to hijack your thread, though I do feel like making another for this question would be redundant. Does anyone have info on how much the suites were last year at the marriott/Hilton? Thank you!!!