Reserve more then 1 room?

Started by TC X0 Lt 0X, January 17, 2018, 08:23:43 AM

TC X0 Lt 0X

So I got my room booked, but during that process, I went thru the booking steps twice, since the first time I did not get to the confirmation page. The 2nd go around I got my confirmation and my email right away, but an hour or so later I got another confirmation email with the room I initially tried to book and I presumed failed.
Going to the modify reservation page, both confirmation codes seem to confirm that the rooms are indeed booked, but I was under the impression we could only have 1 room booked per badge, and the confirmation page seems to concur that. Was anyone else able to book more then 1 room or did I somehow manage to bug my way to a 2nd room (not a surprise given the sites bugginess =P)?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Ecchi ja Nai

Doesn't exactly provide any answers, but what happened for me was it crashed the first time through, and by the time I got back to the beginning to try again the room type I wanted was already unavailable.  (Really, CMR/Fanime?  Within 3 minutes of the first window opening?)  So I try again with a different room at the same hotel, same error right as I'm supposed to get to the final confirmation screen.  I try it once more to mostly the same result, only this time I notice a red error message saying that there can only be one reservation made per badge.  So I guess the site actually enforced the rule for me, huh?

I still didn't think I actually got a room, though, so on a whim I clicked on the Modify Reservation link and was surprised to actually see a reservation sitting there.  Unfortunately it was for the second time through, and not my first choice, but at least it's a room at the hotel I wanted, right?  I wanted to make sure that I actually DID get the room, because I still hadn't received any kind of confirmation email at that point so I was going to call in to confirm, except the CMR phone numbers listed weren't open until 9am.  Great planning.  Because there weren't going to be any issue during that first two-hour window, right?  Anyway, finally got a confirmation email nearly two hours after all that.  In your case, as long as you've got confirmation on both rooms, you should be safe to either cancel the room you don't want, or keep both if you need them and bask in your triumph over CMR.  I think something similar happened to a friend last year and he had no trouble checking into both rooms, so I don't think you'll have any issues on the hotel-side of things.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well I was planning to call housing after my nap today, but lo and behold I got an email acknowledging the error so it looks like I did bug it =P

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.