Marriott king room (no rollaway) but allows 4 people?

Started by CosplayDevotee, January 18, 2018, 06:30:46 PM

CosplayDevotee

Has anyone used this option before and knows if they have a pull out bed? Call me crazy, but I can't imagine the Marriott hotel allowing/assuming 4 people could sleep in a single king bed??? Am I wrong?

OtakuAngel87

the Jr suites have a pull out bed but they only have 8 of those
Quote from: CosplayDevotee on January 18, 2018, 06:30:46 PM
Has anyone used this option before and knows if they have a pull out bed? Call me crazy, but I can't imagine the Marriott hotel allowing/assuming 4 people could sleep in a single king bed??? Am I wrong?
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: OtakuAngel87 on January 18, 2018, 07:57:30 PM
the Jr suites have a pull out bed but they only have 8 of those
[/quote]

That's the thing, we didn't get a junior suite. There were 4 options with the marriott: king with rollaway, double bed room, junior suite and then a king room with no rollaway. The website and CMR customer service rep confirmed that the room can hold 4 people. So again, are they expecting 4 people to sleep on one bed or are 2 people sleeping on the floor???

InsaneDavid

Quote from: CosplayDevotee on January 18, 2018, 08:18:51 PM
That's the thing, we didn't get a junior suite. There were 4 options with the marriott: king with rollaway, double bed room, junior suite and then a king room with no rollaway. The website and CMR customer service rep confirmed that the room can hold 4 people. So again, are they expecting 4 people to sleep on one bed or are 2 people sleeping on the floor???

Exactly.  It's a single king but the fire regulation occupancy for the room is four.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: InsaneDavid on January 18, 2018, 09:55:44 PM
Quote from: CosplayDevotee on January 18, 2018, 08:18:51 PM

Exactly.  It's a single king but the fire regulation occupancy for the room is four.

Why on earth would a hotel chain that is arguably just as well known as the Hilton allow 4 people to a single king bedded room? *sigh* I know that there was another option for a king with a rollaway which only allowed 3 people in occupancy, so why would it make any sense for a hotel to allow 4 to an option that is minus a rollaway? People "room stuff" with sometimes enough ppl to double a rooms occupancy, but that's without the hotels knowledge in most cases. I'm sorry, it just makes no logical sense.

With the way this worked out, 2 of my roommates will be paying $104 plus our shared taxes and fees to sleep on the floor and one would argue the hotel staff would be upset if they used anything resembling a cot or sleeping bag *eye roll*

TC X0 Lt 0X

That is just how fanime hotels roll. Many Congoers will go in groups and stuff as many people as possible into a single room to save cost, beds be damned. Of course, having 10 people in a room is a safety hazard should there be a fire or some other emergency, but as long as they are within safety regulations they allow for there to be more people then the beds can hold. The vast majority of congoers are aware of how this goes and decide if they want to shell out the cash for a less occupied room or (more likely given the limited number of rooms available) room up and save cash. It is not like they are swindling anyone though, they are quite clear with what the rooms offer, so I don't see any issue. I don't know why their reputation would be affected by allowing their customers to room how they please (within safety standards), and even if was affected, I am quite positive their reputation would already be ruined for allowing congoers in their facility (see Rainfurrest).

As for a single King being occupied by 4 people, that is pushing it for sure, but most years we have 3 people in a king bed easily enough, and most rooms have a couch or armchair that can be occupied by another person. Most people I room up with will bring a sleeping bag as well, should they not want to share a bed.
I suspect the room with a rollaway only allowing 3 people also has to do with safety regulations. Id imagine those regulations are based on available floor space, and with the added bed that floor space is reduced.

I would tell your roommate to bring a cot/sleeping bag. I have never had or heard any issues with using one. If they are really concerned, they should just roll it back up after using it.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on January 19, 2018, 02:26:31 AM
That is just how fanime hotels roll. Many Congoers will go in groups and stuff as many people as possible into a single room to save cost, beds be damned. Of course, having 10 people in a room is a safety hazard should there be a fire or some other emergency, but as long as they are within safety regulations they allow for there to be more people then the beds can hold. The vast majority of congoers are aware of how this goes and decide if they want to shell out the cash for a less occupied room or (more likely given the limited number of rooms available) room up and save cash. It is not like they are swindling anyone though, they are quite clear with what the rooms offer, so I don't see any issue. I don't know why their reputation would be affected by allowing their customers to room how they please (within safety standards), and even if was affected, I am quite positive their reputation would already be ruined for allowing congoers in their facility (see Rainfurrest).

As for a single King being occupied by 4 people, that is pushing it for sure, but most years we have 3 people in a king bed easily enough, and most rooms have a couch or armchair that can be occupied by another person. Most people I room up with will bring a sleeping bag as well, should they not want to share a bed.
I suspect the room with a rollaway only allowing 3 people also has to do with safety regulations. Id imagine those regulations are based on available floor space, and with the added bed that floor space is reduced.

I would tell your roommate to bring a cot/sleeping bag. I have never had or heard any issues with using one. If they are really concerned, they should just roll it back up after using it.

Thank you, I wasn't 100% if what I was reading was accurate. I was hoping the hotel simply wouldn't do that and wanted someone in the forums to confirm if they've in fact heard of or experienced such a room situation. Since this option isn't going to work for my group, we were lucky enough to have set up a back up plan. The positive in all of this is anyone on the waiting list will likely get a happy surprise in a few days once we drop the room 😁

Amanojaku

That is just how fanime hotels roll. Many Congoers will go in groups and stuff as many people as possible into a single room to save cost, beds be damned.
And somehow, they always end up next door to me x-x
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Amanojaku on January 19, 2018, 04:49:04 PM
That is just how fanime hotels roll. Many Congoers will go in groups and stuff as many people as possible into a single room to save cost, beds be damned.
And somehow, they always end up next door to me x-x

I wouldn't be surprised if half or so con groups are stuffed into a single room with 5+ people. 10 is pretty extreme, but I imagine 6-7 is common enough.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.