Fanime Music Videos 2018 Finalists + Winners

Started by Tsu, March 19, 2018, 11:31:01 PM

Tsu

Greetings! The FMV Contest is now open for 2018. Check out the rules and link to the entry form below!

Major Contest Updates:
This year's theme at Fanimecon is gaming! As a result, we're extending a special invite to enter video game music videos and AMVs containing gaming-themed anime (No Game No Life, Sword Art Online, Recovery of an MMO Junkie, etc). Trailers containing video games or based on a video game movie theme will also qualify. A special award will be presented to the best video game-themed video submitted to the contest this year.

The Basics:

AMVs must be at least 30 seconds long, and no longer than 6 minutes.
Up to 3 entries per person/group; only 1 video per category allowed.
No official subtitles, TV broadcast or other forms of watermarks.
No personal identifiers of any kind. This includes bumpers, titles, logos, credits, or editor names within the video.
No AMV Hell-style videos allowed.
Videos that have been sent to prior Fanime AMV contests, altered or not, will not be accepted.
Video must have publically premiered after July 1, 2017.
AMV must contain at least 70% anime, manga, or video game footage.
Must have a minimum resolution of 640x480 and a frame rate of 23.97 or 29.97.

Due May 6th, 2018 at 11:59 P.M. PDT

Categories:
Action
Comedy
Drama
Trailer
Upbeat

Encoding
MP4s using H.264/AVC compression are preferred. However, we will also work with AVIs and MPEG2 files. Files larger than 300MB won't be downloaded, so PLEASE compress your work.

Awards There will be one winner per category ($75), plus Judges' Best in Show ($100) and Audience Best In Show ($100) awards, as well as the video game award ($50).

Prizes will be sent to winners who are not able to attend, but please try to make it to the awards ceremony if you're in attendance! More details on the award ceremony will be made available closer to the convention.

Disqualification Rules:
Videos containing all or a portion of another editor's AMV or other unique creation (MAD, MMD, SFM, GMOD, etc) will be disqualified and the submitter of said video will be permanently banned from all subsequent contests.
Participants who submit videos that are not their own will also be banned permanently.
Refusal to provide one's legal name will result in disqualification from the contest.

Judging & Use:
Videos will be prescreened and judged prior to the convention. The judges reserve the right to move a video to another category if they feel it would be a better fit.
Fanime reserves the right to use submitted AMVs during the convention and subsequent Fanime conventions, regardless of Finalist status.

Due Date:

Competing AMVs and their submission form are due by May 6th, 2018 at 11:59 P.M. PDT.

Submission Form:
Please go to https://apps.fanime.com/2018/fmv/ , fill out the form and provide a download link to your video. Streaming sites are not accepted (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo). If you need hosting, we suggest Google Drive or a-m-v.org's local server. We can download from a-m-v.org's local server, but remember, no intros/bumpers/watermarks/titles/credits/etc.
If you want to submit more than one entry, please use the form multiple times.

Contact
We will be contacting entrants after reviewing their entries. Once a video has been cleared to compete, editors will be notified. If a problem is discovered, the editor in question will be alerted and given an opportunity to fix it. Another notification will go out closer to the convention with a list of finalist editors and priority editor seating information.

Please contact us if you need/want to replace an entry with a new one or need to give us an updated download link via e-mail at fmv(AT)fanime(DOT)com.

If you have any questions, e-mail us at fmv(AT)fanime(DOT)com

Good luck to the entrants!
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Nightroad

Whats your policy on curse words in the music this year?

Thanks!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

Tsu

Quote from: Nightroad on April 05, 2018, 11:51:38 PM
Whats your policy on curse words in the music this year?

Thanks!

Generally speaking, we recommend that you try to stick to around a PG-13 rating. Limited usage of curse words is OK, but extreme vulgarity won't be accepted. If in doubt, submit it and send an email letting us know your concerns, and we'll take a look and let you know if it needs censoring.

Animator22

Just curious if the entries will be posted here before the showing on Saturday?

Gaki

Sorry for the late post folks, but here's the final roster for the FMV contest this year.

http://i.imgur.com/0Dr0u2x.jpg

Once I can get to a laptop or a computer that has an actual keyboard after the con, we'll have the winners posted!
(Not) The Head of FMVs

Fanime FMV Contest Minion 2014
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2015
Fanime FMV Contest Minion Director 2016
Fanime FMV Contest Head 2017
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2018

Tsu

FMV Finalists + Winners:

Action:

A-1 Chase by Pysh
A-2 Mortal Kombat by Maboroshi Studio
A-3 Psiodyne by AlbinoPlant
A-4 Super Budokai Tenkaichi by MrShmucker
A-5 Love Letter to Gunpla by Speedy180
A-6 [Best Action] Hell of a Feeling by shorisquared
A-7 Heroes by AntaresHeart07

Drama:
D-1 You Will Never Leave Me... by Maboroshi Studio [Audience's Best in Show]
D-2 Vesper by DrPenguin   
D-3   Empandering Hearts by BasharOfTheAges
D-4 Ancient Magus Bride - My Demons by FanEditz
D-5 Behind the Wall by Cyanna
D-6 Come With Me by Gabrielle Diaz
D-7 Comets by Animator22   
D-8 Familiar by shorisquared  [Best Drama, Judges' Best in Show]

Trailer:
T-1    Outlaws of the Galaxy Vol.2 by Speedy180
T-2   Pride + Prejudice + Butlers by BecauseImBored1
T-3   Beauty and the Ancient Magus by FanEditz
T-4 [Best Trailer] Sausage Corps by Kireblue & Mycathatesyou   
T-5   Manly Manly Models by Obsidian Zero

Upbeat:
U-1 ☆Wonderful Days~! by PaNTSU oF d00m
U-2 [Best Gaming-Themed Video] Phantom Feeling by MrShmucker
U-3 Anime MasterChef by AntaresHeart07
U-4   SUKI DESU by AngelMaeVictory
U-5 [Best Upbeat] Shiny Teeth by Glitzer   
U-5   SPF - Stereotypical Party Filler by Gina Nelson

Comedy:
C-1 [Best Comedy] Dunces & Dragons by Mycathatesyou69 & King Redeem
C-2    A Dragon Like Me by TheDestineeAMV
C-3   877-YEN-NOW by shorisquared
C-4 Corporate Panda by PaNTSU oF d00m   
C-5   Bizarre Dancer by MrShmucker
C-6 The Siren by Maboroshi Studio   

Thank you so much to all of our entrants, and congratulations to our finalists and winners! The voting was very close, so if you didn't make the winner's list, don't despair. We look forward to your entries in 2019!

Naturefiend

By chance , do you have the names or links for the pre-show AMVs? I am trying to find one of them and having no luck so far.

Gaki

Sorry for the delay on the preshow videos folks, the computer problems we suffered at the con seemingly followed us home.

DrPenguin - Lucida
Azukano - A Squid Story
Iren S.S. - Dentelle
SaminatorDavis - This is Violet Evergarden
Kiyoshi0413 - The Affliction of Credence
(Not) The Head of FMVs

Fanime FMV Contest Minion 2014
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2015
Fanime FMV Contest Minion Director 2016
Fanime FMV Contest Head 2017
Fanime FMV Contest Second 2018