SWAP MEET 2018 OFFICIAL INFORMATION THREAD (REGISTRATION CLOSES 5/21/18)

Started by Zelyhon, April 07, 2018, 09:35:50 PM

Zelyhon

Quote from: InsaneDavid on May 03, 2018, 07:03:30 PM
Any information on if cash is still accepted as a form of payment for Swap Meet registration, and if so how to complete registration?
Not for pre-registration.  If you want to pre-reg for Swap Meet, you have to pay online.

For at-the-door registration, cash is acceptable, but that depends on there actually being space available (which, based on previous years, is probably going to be the case).
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: thepharaohinleather on May 06, 2018, 01:48:30 PM
Hello! I'm sure you're still working on emails, I just want to make sure mine got to you. The name is Melissa Metcalf. No rush at all, my anxiety just keeps telling me it never properly sent to you lol. Thank you very much for helping everyone!
For some reason, I'm not seeing this e-mail, but I was able to locate the account and fix the issue I think you were having.  You should be good to continue.  If you're having further problems, e-mail me again.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

thepharaohinleather

Quote from: Zelyhon on May 06, 2018, 09:50:56 PM
Quote from: thepharaohinleather on May 06, 2018, 01:48:30 PM
Hello! I'm sure you're still working on emails, I just want to make sure mine got to you. The name is Melissa Metcalf. No rush at all, my anxiety just keeps telling me it never properly sent to you lol. Thank you very much for helping everyone!
For some reason, I'm not seeing this e-mail, but I was able to locate the account and fix the issue I think you were having.  You should be good to continue.  If you're having further problems, e-mail me again.

Thank you so much! I guess my anxiety was correct this time, glad I mentioned it! I can continue the process now, thank you very much! So excited to get rid of all this stuff lol
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

AkaiSenkou

Thanks Ben for the reply before, but I think my main concern would come from getting the badge. I have an event that I need to attend before and so I might not be able to get my badge on time for the swap meet since you also said that we would not have a special line for the swap meet when picking up our badges. Do you know if our friends can help us pick up our badges this year? or if it is possible to check in with the QR code/badge number print out if we dont make it on time?

Sunnyhusky

Hello I have sent three emails since the swap meet registration opened but I have not gotten any emails back even checking my spam as well. Im putting in the correct badge number and email registered but it continues to tell me that they are not matched within the system. I've sent the email under [email protected]. If I could have some clarification that would be great because I have been unable to finish my application since registering.

DayDreamerNessa

Myself and my boy registered for swap meet, no confirmation, but you guys took our payment... and it's how long since the registration opened and still no confirmation??

Can you please settle this? Looks like i'm not the only one. The email we registered it with is [email protected]
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Zelyhon

Quote from: AkaiSenkou on May 07, 2018, 04:04:50 PM
Thanks Ben for the reply before, but I think my main concern would come from getting the badge. I have an event that I need to attend before and so I might not be able to get my badge on time for the swap meet since you also said that we would not have a special line for the swap meet when picking up our badges. Do you know if our friends can help us pick up our badges this year? or if it is possible to check in with the QR code/badge number print out if we dont make it on time?
I'm uncertain if friends can pick up badges if they have the code or not, but if you haven't gotten an answer on this, I can forward the question to Registration and see what they say.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: Sunnyhusky on May 10, 2018, 05:26:09 PM
Hello I have sent three emails since the swap meet registration opened but I have not gotten any emails back even checking my spam as well. Im putting in the correct badge number and email registered but it continues to tell me that they are not matched within the system. I've sent the email under [email protected]. If I could have some clarification that would be great because I have been unable to finish my application since registering.

Quote from: DayDreamerNessa on May 14, 2018, 02:55:12 PM
Myself and my boy registered for swap meet, no confirmation, but you guys took our payment... and it's how long since the registration opened and still no confirmation??

Can you please settle this? Looks like i'm not the only one. The email we registered it with is [email protected]
I believe I have contacted each of you independently over e-mail to resolve these issues.  If you are still seeing problems, please e-mail me again at [email protected]
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

The first batch of Waitlisted people should have received an e-mail from me a few days ago with instructions on completing their registration.  If you are still waitlisted, I will be letting the next batch through to process their registration in a couple days, assuming there are still spaces left (Which, at this rate, there likely will be, but no guarantees).
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

hiddennin

This might be my first year doing swap meet (still on waitlist though). I have a question about the union rules. Hand trucks and dollies are explicitly not allowed inside, but does this also apply implicitly? Like if I use a suitcase with wheels that I could tow inside or put everything on a tarp at the door and drag the bundle in?

I also have a question about qualifying as an occasional seller.Nvm, I applied for a permit. I guess this question is more for occasional sellers. If the packaging and everything else inside looks new but the seal is broken, does that qualify as new?

Anon

Quote from: Zelyhon on May 15, 2018, 06:05:41 PM
The first batch of Waitlisted people should have received an e-mail from me a few days ago with instructions on completing their registration.  If you are still waitlisted, I will be letting the next batch through to process their registration in a couple days, assuming there are still spaces left (Which, at this rate, there likely will be, but no guarantees).

Wow, are you really fulfilling all the available spots already? Are you expanding to the entire hall? Sounds like you're going to have a huge turnout if you are, congrats. Use this as an excuse for more budget next year  ;D

Zelyhon

Quote from: hiddennin on May 16, 2018, 09:48:46 AM
This might be my first year doing swap meet (still on waitlist though). I have a question about the union rules. Hand trucks and dollies are explicitly not allowed inside, but does this also apply implicitly? Like if I use a suitcase with wheels that I could tow inside or put everything on a tarp at the door and drag the bundle in?

I also have a question about qualifying as an occasional seller.Nvm, I applied for a permit. I guess this question is more for occasional sellers. If the packaging and everything else inside looks new but the seal is broken, does that qualify as new?
Per union rules, hand trucks and carts are not allowed inside, but typically suitcases with wheels have been more allowed.  I haven't seen anyone in previous years put everything on a tarp to drag, but that is a creative solution and I applaud your problem-solving skills! 

Another thing to consider is that everything right up to the doors is public property and the rules don't apply.  As such, you can use a hand-cart up to the door, unload everything, then move it by hand once you're in the doors.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: Anon on May 18, 2018, 09:10:46 AM
Quote from: Zelyhon on May 15, 2018, 06:05:41 PM

Wow, are you really fulfilling all the available spots already? Are you expanding to the entire hall? Sounds like you're going to have a huge turnout if you are, congrats. Use this as an excuse for more budget next year  ;D
Yes and no.  To peel back the curtain a bit, once an application makes it to a certain point in the process, it counts as a filled spot.  Even if that person then doesn't finish applying, the site will show that as an unavailable spot for anyone who tries to apply later.  I need to go in from time to time and check how many are actually completed.  From there, I can let in some to all of the waitlist.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

rogerfox

Quick question! For those who are setting up Swap Meet and will be selling there, would parking at the tent be allowed? I remember last time I was in line I saw there was a space for parking your car, but I wasn't sure if that is allowed for us sellers.

eraserheadbaby

Hello, I forgot to send my "occasional seller" form to the swapmeet email, is it too late to do that? Everything else is done and but I still haven't gotten my swapmeet placement so I figured this might be why. From what I understand I just have to fill out the form and send it digitally to the swapmeet email? Thanks for the help.

AR-99

For attendees, are badges not needed to get into swap meet for Thursday night only?
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

thepharaohinleather

I can't seem to find this though I'm sure it is somewhere and I am just having a terrible moment of stupidity, but what size should the adult content box be? I recall it having specific dimensions and want to be sure I get it right.
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

Zelyhon

Quote from: rogerfox on May 21, 2018, 08:39:26 PM
Quick question! For those who are setting up Swap Meet and will be selling there, would parking at the tent be allowed? I remember last time I was in line I saw there was a space for parking your car, but I wasn't sure if that is allowed for us sellers.
I don't have any control over or monitoring of parking at South Hall.  If parking there would otherwise be allowed, nothing in Swap Meet itself prohibits it.  That being said, neither does anything specifically permit it.  Parking there is subject to the normal rules.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: bsods on May 22, 2018, 01:51:14 AM
Hello, I forgot to send my "occasional seller" form to the swapmeet email, is it too late to do that? Everything else is done and but I still haven't gotten my swapmeet placement so I figured this might be why. From what I understand I just have to fill out the form and send it digitally to the swapmeet email? Thanks for the help.
You need to bring a copy of any forms, including the Swap Meet Seller's Agreement, the signed copy of the rules, and any BOE forms or exemptions that apply to your specific situation.  We collect them from everyone as a normal part of check-in.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Zelyhon

Quote from: AR-99 on May 22, 2018, 02:02:04 PM
For attendees, are badges not needed to get into swap meet for Thursday night only?
Badges are not required to attend Swap Meet for Thursday.  Badges are required to sell at Swap Meet for Thursday (and Friday, for that matter).
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff