Studio Ghibli 2018 Gathering

Started by UwUvon, April 28, 2018, 03:48:05 PM

UwUvon

Hey, hi and hello fellow fans of the work of Studio Ghibli, Hayao Miyazaki, Isao Takahata and the incredible movies they have created! And heck why not include Studio Ponco while we are at it? Mary and The Witch's Flower was an incredible film!

Now I am trying to make this meet up legit so please comment, message and what not so we know who is interested and what they will be wearing!

Day : TBA
Time : TBA
Meeting Place (MP) : TBA
Location (L): TBA

Cosplayers :
HoneyHoney-Chan as Fio from Porco Rosso

Legal Statement: Just so you all know that Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Photo Order
1. Individual Movie group shots
2. Female Protagonists
3. Male Protagonists
4. Best Friends
5. Couples
6. Supporting Characters
7. Animals
8. Humans
9. Magical
11. Studio Ponco?
10. Group shot
@NatalieUvon
Been hosting gatherings for a little bit!
Fanime 2024 Line up
Haru, Fionna, Senior Witch and Shane Medej

Spudstarch

Hi HoneyHoney,

I will be going as Ashitaka from Mononokehime and I should have a friend going as San (not sure if they are willing to be in official photos). Looks like the deadline for applications is tomorrow. Hopefully there will be enough interested for an official gathering. I would think there would be since there is a Studio Ghibli concert going on all weekend. :-\

Spud

UwUvon

Thanks Spud! Sadly not! But maybe we can put together and unofficial meeting?
@NatalieUvon
Been hosting gatherings for a little bit!
Fanime 2024 Line up
Haru, Fionna, Senior Witch and Shane Medej

InsaneDavid

As a secondary option, any Studio Ghibli cosplayers who are cosplaying from productions from BEFORE 2001 are welcome at the Old School Cosplay (Pre-2001) Gathering on Friday afternoon at 6pm.

Thread here - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,21285.40.html

The pre-2001 criteria means the following Ghibli properties are good for the Old School Cosplay Gathering:

Castle in the Sky
Grave of the Fireflies
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Only Yesterday
Porco Rosso
Ocean Waves
Pom Poko
Whisper of the Heart
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbors the Yamadas
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Spudstarch

I had thought about going to the Old School meetup. I will try and make the time slot.