Adventure to obtain Megatokyo Vol. 3 (its long)

Started by joshness, February 15, 2005, 10:58:37 PM

joshness

Hmmm.. this isn't anime, but its Manga so I guess this is the right forum?  Anyways, I was finally able to obtain myself a copy of Megatokyo Vol. 3.  Quite an ordeal to get it too.  

I was over in plesant hill near the new Century theaters.  It was at around 6:00 or so and it was raining just a little.  As soon as I find some parking a freaking downpour happens.  I'm on the other side of the street across from the Borders and I can't cross because of the stupid traffic light.  To make matters worse there was absolutely no cover to stay under.  Well, after getting thoroughly drenched I make it into the store and of course my poor tired out work boots (the heels are worn and they got little holes) start making squishy/squeeky sounds as i'm walking into the store, attracting the attention of all the coffee heads.

Anyways, I get to the Manga section and start searching for my beloved prize.  Lo and behold, they have Megatokyo Vol 1 and Megatokyo Vol 2, but no Vol 3!  In utter dissapointment I leave the store and march through the rain back towards my car only to be distracted by the smell of Hawaiian food.  So, in I go into L&L and order my self a nice bowl of Grilled Spam Saimen.   Unfourtanetly, in my eagerness to eat, I end up burning my tongue.  Thus detracting from my full enjoyment of the Saimen.

After my little dinner I decide to make a trip to Sun Valley mall to check out Walden Books (who tends to have quite a large selection of anime).  Of course I try to be slick by taking a shortcut to the mall.  Well, my shortcut turned out to be a really really long way.  It took me 15 minutes to get to my destination when it should have taken 5?

Not to be perturbed by this incident, I make my way to the mall and find parking.  I enter the mall and end up going the wrong way because for some reason I think Walden Books is on the Bottom floor near Sears, when in reality it's on the opposite side on the top floor near J.C. Pennys!  At this point I'm thinking is this really worth getting?

Well, I finally reach the destination (still wet, still with a burnt tongue, still with sloshy/squeeky shoes, and having the feelingof  a cold comming on).  I go straight to the Manga section and start searching for my beloved prize.  I run through the series and finally come across the Megatokyo section.  Immediately I see my beloved prize, my Holy Grail.  I greedily snatch up a copy and run straight to the counter.  

Turns out, the store clerk also reads Megatokyo.  This is the first time in my life that I've met a megatokyo fan in person.  I was quite amazed and felt alot better knowing that I'm not the only nerd that reads this online manga.  Anyways, I leave the mall and guess what?  I miss my enterance to the freeway because I'm too busy thinking about reading the manga.  So, instead of busting a U turn I figure I can just catch this other freeway enterance.  Yeah, you guessed it, it would have been alot faster to make the U-Turn.

Well, I get on the freeway and BAM traffic!  CURSE YOU HIGHWAY 4!  Well, I finally arrive home and all becomes bliss.  I finish reading the volume (just the main story plus the End Games bonus) in about an hour and a half.  Now I am here because I'm bored.....  Fun huh?

If you've read all this, I congratulate you on making it this far.  Anyways, now to the part that pertains to the Manga.  I am quite pleased with the quality of the book overall.  However, I am a bit dissapointed with the End Games Bonus.  I was expecting it to be a bit longer and to be a bit more insightfull on the nature of Piros relationship with Miho in the End Games game.  I'll need to go back and read all the comics concerning End Games.  

Anyways, my post is too long.

VictimX

Sounds like you had quite the adventure to obtain your magna copy... It rained all day here in San Jose and I spent all day going back and forth to San Fansico, I hate rain and rush hour so I can relate to your Highway 4 feelings.

ced1106

Hmm. My FLGS (Gator Games, San Mateo) takes pre-orders (and store credit for used games and if you do a demo for them!) so all I did was pick up my copy after they called me that the book came in.  :P

**Anyway** What other webcomics-to-deadtree books are out there. PVP released a webcomic paperback and has non-webcomic (?) comic book issues. Some other webcomic released a hardback, now out of print. Any others that I can get from the bookstore or FLGS?

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Zain

That's not bad.

I forgot my Fred Gallagher + Sarah AUTOGRAPHED volume 1 and 2 and one of our staff meetings. And never saw it again. :(
2007 Staff (Facilities, IT, Website, Publications)

joshness

Quote from: "Zain"That's not bad.

I forgot my Fred Gallagher + Sarah AUTOGRAPHED volume 1 and 2 and one of our staff meetings. And never saw it again. :(

Ouch, now that would really hurt.  Too bady Mr. Gallagher won't be attending fanime this year, I really wanted him to sign my copy and maybe do a little doodle or something.

As to other webcomics that have books out, Machall just released theirs pretty recently, rpgworldcomic has a book out, and sinfest has 2 last time i checked (I stopped reading it).