Music Fest?

Started by recomet15, May 27, 2005, 05:53:08 PM

recomet15

Where exactly will Music Fest be held? And will it cost extra to get inside? Meaning, if I paid to get into Fanime, will I have to pay to get into Music Fest too?
For the love of... I forgot to put the "d" in "redcomet15"... - redcomet15

BloodyWhiteRose

MusicFest is at 6:30 in the Civic Auditorium. I don't think you have to pay; Your registration should cover it. Atleast, that's how it has been at the other cons.
I hate it when people's signatures are bigger than their posts.

mikenmike0001

yeah, i wonder what's going to happen, they posted that the beautiful losers aren't goign to perform,..so who's goign to fill the spot?

Tony

Unfortunately it was too close to the convention to fill it with anyone and get it coordinated in time. We still have:

Maria Yamamoto
Kumiko Kato
Ramen & Rice
and ZZ!

It's free to everyone with a FanimeCon badge. The show starts at 7:00 pm across the street at the Civic Auditorium.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

zaitcev

I bailed from half when R&R were done. Very good! And they had those big overhead screens so those who wanted to jump in front did not obscure the view for those sitting. I think it was nice to let people to rave a little in front, AFAIK R&R like that. Tony, pass them my thanks for coming, pretty please? Aggregate with other fans is fine :-)

mikenmike0001

ahhh man, you missed out on the zz performance......they rocked up the house pretty damn good....

it's a shame everyone jacked the merchandise so quickly at the end......I wanted to buy their cd.

Hopefully they'll have some around within the next couple of days.

sesshomaru5

They were very good, but I still didnt go to the pit for some weird reason. I should have gone to it because it had awsome energy. The vocalist was doing crazy mc'ing. I loved him.

Black Kawaii Kitty

:wink: it was awesome in the front! and I've still got sore spots from it XD i wish i could have gotten their cd though, if i had known they were selling it i would have bought one :cry: kinda was crappy at the autographs they were gonna do cuz i thought they were gonna take pictures with the fans too but they didn't and they were taking forever to get people in so we just left >.<

edit: did anyone get pics of the performances? especially some of ZZ would be nice >.>

Acid_Android

Quote from: "Black Kawaii Kitty"

edit: did anyone get pics of the performances? especially some of ZZ would be nice >.>

I don't know if anyone had taken pictures of ZZ because I don't think they were allowed when they performed? I don't really remember what the rules were actually. I was too busy going crazy to their music. Awesomeness. I would love to see ZZ again.
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

HareSenpai

i sat up front but couldn't get 'into' it. who cares of pictures were allowed or not; a million and a half people had video recorders, camera phones, and digital cameras out anyways. i would have taken some pics too if i hadn't forgotten my stuff at home.

Ahou ka?

Mordyan

Yeah I would like to thank the Fanime people for a smoothly run Music fest. It moved very fast. It was too short almost because of the last minute band drop.

I also liked it better on Saturday night. Better crowd energy.

And the adition of a pit this year was very cool. The enegy in the pit for ZZ was f-ing awesome.

I wanted one of their CD's but the table was slammed by the time I got to it.

Super No 1

Quote from: "Acid_Android"

I don't know if anyone had taken pictures of ZZ because I don't think they were allowed when they performed? I don't really remember what the rules were actually. I was too busy going crazy to their music. Awesomeness. I would love to see ZZ again.

I've had some experience with covering concerts featuring bands from Japan.  Ususally, with indie bands, the record labels aren't so strict with photo policies.  With major record labels, the photo policies are a lot more strict.  ZZ is with AVEX, and they are one of the strictest labels when it comes to fan photography.  Usually, AVEX only lets their own photographers shoot their bands.

In general, the major record companies do not like big, expansive photo galleries done by fans.  After I shoot a show, all of my usable photos go to my press outlet and only a few get chosen for an article.  The rest never see the light of day.  I have them, but I just don't put them up for legal reasons.  I read the photo policy for Music Fest, but left the camera in the hotel room anyways.
Nergene A.
-super-no1.com - (Owner)
-J!-ENT - (Staff Photographer)
-Cosplay Underground - (Cosplay pictorials)

YoureMyHiro

Hell yeah, ZZ was awesome. I bumrushed that table as soon as theyre encore was over. I had to smash past children, nuns, priests and buddhist monks but I scored the "GHI" cd which had most of the tracks they performed that night. I already made mp3s out of them which I will make available via limewire for the world to share tonight.

Caskas_lyrik

anyone know where ZZ is performing in Los Angeles Tomorrow????

Acid_Android

Quote from: "Caskas_lyrik"anyone know where ZZ is performing in Los Angeles Tomorrow????

I think they said the Lava Lounge.
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

PickleBunny

I have a few pictures of the band but not during the performance if you want to look at them??  Okay I have like one...but it's pretty damn cool-looking :p
MusicFest Staff 2005
MusicFest Second 2006-2011

YoureMyHiro

I forgot to mention how incredibly awesome Ramen and Rice were. I mean damn, I was so impressed. What really got me was their rendition of "Haruka Kanata" by Asian Kung-fu Generation. Id pay just to hear that again.

Kazuko

ZZ was soooo GOOOD!!! i loved it, i lost many a safetypin trying to hold up my aya skirt xD. it was sooo fun and I loved ramen and Rice too!

Kumiko kato...she was meh...she was okay

:3 i loved Maria Yamamoto tooo!!!

Caskas_lyrik

ZZ was soooo awesome last night at the Lava Lounge!!! I think I was the only one in there that knew who they were.....their concerts are WAAAAYYYY better than their cd's.  Sooo awesome  I can't say enough...plus Sotaro is HOTTTTTT!!!!!

Jaz.tea

HAHAHA I absolutely LOVED ZZ! X3 The first grl was so amazingly cute... her voice... aiyah! Ramen and Rice was too awesome. Kinda reminds me of myself and some other firends who love to play music...mostly from final fantasy and other video games though.
Kumiko Kato wasn't...that great.
Hahaha I think I'd be one of the people who jaked their CDs... -actually got their last GHI + DVD CD... ^_^;;; - hahaha I got their pictures... at the autographing thing. They're so awesome... -proposed to Sotaro- <,< >,>;;

damn, I hecka want to go to another one of ZZ's concerts... hopefully they'll come back next year D: