Hell Yeah! I'm there!!
24 (57.1%)
If I get a chance to, sure.
13 (31%)
Not if anything else is going on.
3 (7.1%)
That's not even worth my time.
1 (2.4%)
I have no idea what this is even about or is.
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: May 31, 2005, 12:35:58 AM

Dh8d1

Whomever reads this, I wish to host a game of Whose Line is it Anime? at Fanime Con 2006. If anybody that has information on how I would do so is available, please let me know by emailing me at the email provided. Emails are also lovingly accepted for ideas for the show in terms of ideas for skits to perform, or fanime related suggestions for anything you see on Drew Carrey's show, especially my favorite skits: Scenes from a hat, and World's worst.

Saturday night of the 2005 con I decided to host a non-formal game of it, and it ended up being on Monday afternoon, near the center of the artist's row hallway and there were well over 50 people that attended. Much laughter, much rejoicing. We were a success, and now I want to make it an official event. (if you were there, then YES I was that bald Mike in black)

I have the four panelists, and next year I will host, but what I need is a room, some open time slots, and three things: cordless microphones, amplifiers/speakers for said microphones, and a desk to sit at. Everything else for the show should be taken care of and if I think of anything that isn't, I'll surely let people know.

Send all questions, comments, suggestions, feedback, shout outs, and hate mail to:
[email protected]

Now, look at the address closely. This panel is purposely not called Whose Line is it Anime because... well, I said so.

Thank you very much and have a wonderful year before Fanime 2006!

-Ð
------------------------
Hito mo oshi
Hito mo urameshi
Ajiki naku

Yo o omou yue ni
Mono omou mi wa

Leishu

Did they copyright the original skit or something? That would be evil...
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

Mordyan

I didn't catch your Monday show but after playing Apples to Apples with you Sunday, I know how sick a sense of humor you have got. I would be sooooo there.

PogiChoie

You guys SUCK.

I mean that NOT in the way of insulting your acting skills, but the fact that it was held Monday AFTERNOON when I was working to break down and pack up the tech stuff for Fanime.  I've attended and participated in this panel's ancestor, "Anime Improv" for the past two years and when I walked by and saw the sign, I cried inside.  I was tempted to ditch the equipment and join the fun, but meh...  ._.;  If you heard someone scream "AH, FUCK!!!" really loud during the show, that was me.  ;-;

If you need help running this panel at ALL, I'm more than ready to help out and do my thing, both as an actor as an anime fan.

Leishu

I was in the Anime Improv two years back myself. ^_^
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

dealerJason

Contact me at [email protected].  I am interested adding your idea to a live show Fanime 2006.

dealerjason
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

ced1106

Quote from: "PogiChoie"Monday AFTERNOON

Mike will provide more details, but, as I understood it, Fanime 2005's WLITA was a "pilot" of sorts. Mike was actually part of the Tabletop Gaming staff, and we had a great time making up questions and topics for the event in the tabletop gaming room. We pretty much had Mike trapped in Tabletop most of the con playing 30+ games of Apples to Apples.  :P

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Dh8d1

Unlike 2004 there wasn't ever really a time when I was the only staffer in there.

I was not trapped. I was having fun. Where else would you find out that my highest match for the green apple card "Cute" would be the red card "Meat Cleaver?"

hehehehe.

-Ð
------------------------
Hito mo oshi
Hito mo urameshi
Ajiki naku

Yo o omou yue ni
Mono omou mi wa

Wirebrain

Quote from: "Dh8d1"Unlike 2004 there wasn't ever really a time when I was the only staffer in there.

I was not trapped. I was having fun. Where else would you find out that my highest match for the green apple card "Cute" would be the red card "Meat Cleaver?"

hehehehe.

-Ð
What Mike doesn't know is that he WAS trapped in there and we had attached a small bomb on his person and if he left... well, we all saw that segment in Battle Royale, right? Good.

<laughs maniacally>

Gainax Boy

Hey hey hey ... waitaminute..

BARTBoy and I were out there on Saturday Morning Trying to get a thing of Whoose Line is it Anime started. We tried to get people to get involved and even had it posted here and on Cosplay.com as an official gathering..  and no one showed any interest. We all wanted to do improv but we had to give up. :(
"Hail Gainax, Hail Fanservice, Hail the Otaking!!" ^_^

Wirebrain

That's because D here had planned a little of it out, we got our team and figured the crowd would follow. With one quickly constructed sign and having found a strategic location to hold our event, we just went with it.

Special kudos for everyone who showed up and watched us try our hand at this stuff for the first time.

Jaz.tea

Hahahaha!!! So THAT was what the loud laughter was I heard...while frantically searching the place for the ZZ autograph signing... Hahaha wow, that is a wonderful idea. I love the show they have on ABC channel... so I'll probably love the whole anime thing. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for you guys next year!

Chun

I was at the performance. I gave you the cup ramen and was hanging with the "Butterfly" and "Bumblebee" girl.

You guys need to review the show and prep a bit more than scenes from a hat. The impromptu performance was entertaining, but by the near end it was dying badly. Here are some games that have worked well in the past by other cons:

"Scenes from A Hat"
"Two Lines Only" (Two people can only alternate between two quirky or general lines. The center person discusses or sorts out the situation suggested by the audience between the two people. EX: Who should win the cosplay contest)
"Sound Effects" (Two people make the sound effects of two otaku doing a certain thing suggested by the audience)
"Cosplay Party" (One is a normal party host. The other three are secret indentities. Such as "Pocky Scientist", "Rolls over when he hears Pocky", and "Glomps at the smell of chocolate". The host tries to guess the different people.

So there's four of them. Good luck next year.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Wirebrain

Most of the games we tried were specifically to make it "a true show" complete with the song at the end. This was (as far as I know) the teams' first crack at Improv and we could only limit ourselves to things that we could do without equipment. We couldn't do "sound effects" nor did we have a proper buzzer, music guy or be able to run the great games like the one where you have a conversation and then have to read lines suggested by the audience. This was the pilot. Anyone see the original Mystery Science Theater videos from their KTMA year or the first season? They look really shoddy and quickly assembled. Which is why A. They were the first attempt and B. They don't show them anymore.

We got enough of a response that we'll do the show again and this time with a better prep time getting down to a proper science, like the GTL show. (perhaps making a "Who's line" survey and drop box in the Tabletop room so we can get a larger amount of audience participation material and screen it for quality than just simply having a form before the show.) Whadya think Sirs?

PogiChoie

A buzzer can easily be replaced by a bike horn or some other sort of noise thing.  Lines suggested by the audience can be written and collected during one of the games by a crew members before you need the lines, that way they can be run on the fly.  I also agree with Chun that you could try to do is to research some other improv exercises besides the ones showcased on the show.  IMO, you can only go so far with some games...   :wink: Plus, it doesn't HAVE to be JUST one day... daily shows can perk interest as well.

Like I said, if you need any help running it or need someone to pitch ideas back and forth with, drop me a line @ [email protected]

Chun

Quote from: "Wirebrain"Most of the games we tried were specifically to make it "a true show" complete with the song at the end. This was (as far as I know) the teams' first crack at Improv and we could only limit ourselves to things that we could do without equipment. We couldn't do "sound effects" nor did we have a proper buzzer, music guy or be able to run the great games like the one where you have a conversation and then have to read lines suggested by the audience. This was the pilot. Anyone see the original Mystery Science Theater videos from their KTMA year or the first season? They look really shoddy and quickly assembled. Which is why A. They were the first attempt and B. They don't show them anymore.

We got enough of a response that we'll do the show again and this time with a better prep time getting down to a proper science, like the GTL show. (perhaps making a "Who's line" survey and drop box in the Tabletop room so we can get a larger amount of audience participation material and screen it for quality than just simply having a form before the show.) Whadya think Sirs?

Most of the improv things in Whose line only require the smallest shreds of  paper, so just a little more prep time could do wonders.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved having that on the last and final Monday of the con. I'm supporting ya; again, good luck with it next year.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Chibblz

OMIGAWD! IT'S YOU!! I WAS THE LITTLE ASIAN GIRL SINGING BUTTERFLY AND BUMBLE BEE WHILE YOU GUYS WERE SETTING UP!! :D!!

Anyways... The idea is TEH greatness.  I can't wait until next year when you guys go all out.  MAYBE THIS TIME WE CAN HEAR YOU ALL! O.O

Bwahahaha. ^^

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "PogiChoie"A buzzer can easily be replaced by a bike horn or some other sort of noise thing.

Laptop + Winamp + buzzer.wav + speaker system = win.
epic progressive

vox

PogiChoie

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "PogiChoie"A buzzer can easily be replaced by a bike horn or some other sort of noise thing.

Laptop + Winamp + buzzer.wav + speaker system = win.

Horn = Comedic Genius.  =P

shoe356

QuoteHey hey hey ... waitaminute..

so how does that differ from before?:?